[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would this album be received so good if he didn't say to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 6396067.jpg (107KB, 707x707px) Image search: [Google]
6396067.jpg
107KB, 707x707px
would this album be received so good if he didn't say to anyone that his wife died?
>>
He didn't say that his wife died. He made you feel it, anon.
>>
>>71678912
he said it

he even talked about it with p4k before the release
http://pitchfork.com/features/profile/10034-death-is-real-mount-eeries-phil-elverum-copes-with-unspeakable-tragedy/
>>
>maybe now she's that fly swarming the rotting garbage
2 feels 4 me
>>
>>71678926
>implying you didn't look this up because you felt, in your soul, that she died.
>>
>>71678939
no, i looked it up because someone posted in on here
>>
>I always keep her bedroom window open in case "anything else needs to leave"
>song titled Taking Out the Garbage
>>
>>71678945
>implying you didn't go on /mu/ because of the hollowness you felt after her death
>>
>>71678970
no, i just visit it every day for
>>
DUDE TRUMP LMAO
>>
>>71678899
>>
>would this album that deals explicitly and essentially only with the fact that his wife, died including very blatant and clear statements about her death, and exactly who it was that died, be received as well if he hadn't told anyone she died

work it out genius
>>
>>71678978
>implying you aren't visiting everyday because you feel her death bringing you back
>>
>>71678899
>it's another "I think I'm a genius and I'm gonna give a flawless ultimatum to /mu/tants that will prove to them that an album is not good because it wouldn't be well-received if a certain detail wasn't factored in"
You and the derelicts who did the same with Blackstar need to burn in a heaping pile. You fatuously cavalier cretins need to be deported from civilized society.
>>
>>71679322
You may have the ability to escape a most grievous (You) but you lack the ability to evade yourself, which you have oh so proven to be cretinous to the highest degree.
>>
>>71679042
this is the only lyric in the entire album that hits me. not a big fan of his other stuff but this one line does it.
>>
>>71679357
sonuva

I dont think I've ever heard the word fatuous in my life
>>
>>71679300
calm yo tits baldfire
>>
It's lyrics about loss with background guitar chord strumming. Musically it's unimaginative, boring, slow lo-fi folk. It's focused on one thing only and the lyrics get repetitive. Ravens stands out.
That's it. People will grow it off in the next few months when they'll realize it's the worst of his works.
>>
>>71678899
If he never mentioned the death of his wife there'd be no lyrics on the album.
>>
not meme posting here, but is anyone incredibly underwhelmed with the instrumentation? the lyrics are top notch and extra fucking sad, but every other track all sounds the exact same
>>
Context is a part of art. Do you remember high school lit class? They always had you study the historical context and the author's personal situation.
>>
>>71678899
>Would this album of the wife died be so if the wife died would the critical acclaim be that if the wife didn't died of he didn't say
gee, I dunno
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.