[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /mu/ i haven't been here in a while but it's 4am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: hf.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hf.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
sup /mu/ i haven't been here in a while but it's 4am and i'm drunk and no one is awake and i wanna talk about my favorite band, of montreal
what do you think of them?
>>
I havent really enjoyed the last two albums but the one before that Aureate Gloom was the best album of the year

also as I recall we proved the have the best discography of the millennium
>>
>>71678874
honestly i didn't like their last album and EP that much either. aureate gloom took me a bit also, but now i love it too.

kevin barnes is one of very few lyricists who i actually feel like i relate to. practically every single line he delivers feels like a perfect, succinct rendition of how i feel inside regarding a huge range of emotional issues, and that's really uncommon for me with music. he always uses the best psychedelic metaphors for shit that explains complex issues in a really novel way that always helps me contend with my mental problems that i usually have trouble understanding.
>>
sometimes I like his music other times I am not in the mood and hate it
>>
File: 20161221_022156.jpg (3MB, 1932x2576px) Image search: [Google]
20161221_022156.jpg
3MB, 1932x2576px
David Barnes sculpture I got at the Aureate Gloom tour
>>
File: 20161129_140525.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_140525.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
one more
>>
File: 49835093495.jpg (617KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
49835093495.jpg
617KB, 1944x2592px
>>71679024
ayy i have one too
mst3k owns by the way
>>
>>71678841
One of the best bands to come out of E6 and that is saying a lot
>>
>>71679075
oh holy fucking shit I love yours. I have one more thats a music box but I didnt take a picture. Its kinda similar to yours.

yeah that reminds me I need to buy tickets for Trace and Frank joining Master Pancake for a show soon. If its not already sold out.
>>
File: 20170320_041141.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170320_041141.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>71679075
Damn thanks for reminding me. There were 3 tickets left and they were all handicap. As I recall they'll bring me a folding chair.

Any suggestions on what to bring? I always wanted to bring Curse of the Zodiac but after recently reviewing it I don't think it would work but maybe I'm wrong.
>>
Saw them touring to support Hissing Fauna, to date in my top 5 best shows I've ever seen. Full animated visuals on screens on every wall in the venue, performance art on stage, incredible set list - and someone did a pretty good bootleg of it.

Saw them touring to support False Priest with Janelle Monae, that show made me understand that album. Hated it when it came out and since I saw them play it I love it. Also an incredible show, Janelle Monae and her camp joined OM on stage to do a Michael Jackson medley.

Saw them in 2014 doing god knows what, one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Their live show was completely unrecognizable, had none of them fun elements of their past shows. They played a couple songs I'd never seen live before (Past is a Grotesque Animal comes to mind) but it just didn't have the magic or soul behind it. Incredibly disappointing experience, I drank myself into a stupor because of it and got thrown out of the venue.

They wrote some of my favorite albums and high school would have been very different for me without them. Sounds melodramatic but that's fine with me.
>>
Hissing Fauna is so good that it ruins my enjoyment of the band

Their other works seems to be incredibly pale compared to Hissing Fauna
>>
whoa I just realized that the hissing fauna album cover kinda looks like a mandelbrot fractal, with the solid black circles and psychedelic colors outside of it
#spooky
>>
Gods.
>>
Skeletal Lamping is so fucking good. The only one that comes close to Hissing Fauna

I just fucking hate that 'pleasure pussss' line holy shit
>>
Paralytic Stalks, Gay Parade and Coluelicot Asleep in the Poppies are the best of Montreal albums. All 10/10.
>>
>>71679989
jesus christ I love skeletal lamping but that line along with a few others make me cringe hard
>>
It was my friends favorite band. He was gonna go to college in montreal, but commit suicide before he could go.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.