[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In terms of music, did 2006 feel more like a "mid 2000s"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 2006.jpg (25KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2006.jpg
25KB, 1024x768px
In terms of music, did 2006 feel more like a "mid 2000s" year, or a "late 2000s" year?
>>
late 2000's started in 2008
>>
I remember dubstep being a thing
>>
>>71678045
2005 didn't feel like 2004 which felt much more like 2003, 2002 and 2001. Why would 2006 be different to 2005?
>>
>>71678073

123 is early, 456 is mid and 789 is late.
>>
2001, 2003 and 2006 are early, 20o2, 2004-5 and 2007-9 are late
>>
Late 2000's began in Sept 2006, if you do the math. I guess you could make the case for both.
>>
>>71678045
90s ended in 2001 with 9-11. Early 2000s are from 2002-2004/5 with the second election, Boxing Day, and Katrina. You get lameduck positive music with Avril, Maroon 5, early Crunk, early grime. Mid 2000s are 2005-early 2007 (MCR/cultural transition out of what's left of rock, hyper-sexualization with the Pussycat Dolls, Hollywood slumping, YouTube and social media becoming popular). Late 2000s is 07-08. The economic crash, early new electronic wave of edm, poprap, and dubstep. 08 on is basically 2010s.
>>
>>71678209
What about 0?
>>
>>71679265
What are 2010s?
>>
>>71679371
The Obama administration and underground suffocation by the Katy Perry/Justin Beiber/LadyGaga/Ke$ha/Tumblr wave plus the over-hyped Skrillex/Calvin Harris phenomena that lasted til 2011 with the war shit and Arab Spring. 2012 was the landmark year that was pumped up because of its name. You get people like Grimes popping up, the peak of interesting apocalyptic action movies with The Avengers (overrated of course), and YouTube gaming reaches its full speed. Everything seemed ready to blow up with Aurora, Sandy Hook, Hurricane Sandy. 2013 was the let down when all those early social media communities became swarmed by normies, censorship, and crappy unnecessary updates. Snowden leaks the bulk of the NSA crap, Boston Marathon warns that the violence wave isn't ending and a sickening nostalgia sets in which leads to the surge in Vaporwave by 2014. 2014 people start biting at each other and the SJWs inherit power. Plus more violence and shit, Gamergate, Scottish Ref, planes disappearing. 2015 was the year of reckoning. People start biting back. Brian Williams gets kicked out, reddit throws a fit over Ellen Pao, the migrant crisis, the latest music waves die. We all know 2016. I think this "decade" will end within the next year or so as well.
>>
>>71679486
What will come next anon? Everyone today seems to be tired of both nostalgia and futurist thinking.
>>
Music needs a kick in the pants this year
>>
>>71679514
Well, Millennials are finally reaching their peak age. It's like somewhere within the turn of the 70s to 80s all over again. Music is highly synthetic, the left is prepared to keel over for at least a decade. I think there's gonna be some unforeseen unplugging from the internet til the next version comes out. Gen Z is already more conservative than the Silent Generation so I'm expecting some sort of bluegrass abrasiveness to unfold (though not Grand Ole Opry style). The economic tide swinging back means more manufacturing jobs of some sort returning and people moving back to the suburbs. Depends on if it continues for the 8 years. That means a "new underground". I don't think it will be anything flashy for a good long while. Keep your eye out for what high schoolers are doing in their garages right now and you'll get the picture. It's not gonna be rock. I'm thinking it will have some weird connection to augmented reality. 3D-printing records or something lol. At the very least we're in the middle of a textural revolution where people care more about the asmr feels than composition.
>>
>>71679576
agreed, general frustration with anything drum/guitar/bass/vox is redundant
>>
>>71679576
>tfw Stockhausen really is the future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePBB-NO8vKg
>>
>>71679631

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KO-B0frfJI
>>
>>71679612
It's also weird to picture because music is so obviously no longer in the limelight of public attention. During the disco phase people thought that everything would become classically easy-listening and electronic but for the most part it was on a deeper level overshadowed by punk. Whatever is put out by the media to be popular now, expect a massive overhaul. Think the results of the election.

>>71679631
You may be right anon. I think another premise is that there's expected to be a counteraction towards the pushed narrative of Beyonce/Radiohead for 20+ years. If we find stability at all in the world your hopes may come true.
>>
>>71679576
>Gen Z is already more conservative than the Silent Generation
Christ stop with this meme already you /r/the_donald faggot

The source I see people citing most for this meme is a poll conducted by marketing agency The Guild, with only 1,000 respondents. Yet /pol/, disingenuous as usual, claims that because this sampling of a mere ONE THOUSAND teens say they are largely conservative, that must mean the entire generation of 60 MILLION teens and kids is conservative as well.
>>
>>71679906
I wasn't referring to the survey although I have heard of it. Of course the views of edgy 15-18-year-olds are tricky to officially document but the difference is apparent, regardless of sample size. The largest people they give their attention to constantly bash at the left wing establishment. From personal experience, every person I've met who are in high school and younger, even those in art classes, constantly and openly tease the integrative appeasements forced onto them by the boomers and swallowed by Millennials. There's a video of middle schoolers chanting "build the wall". No they aren't Nazis but they have a particularly constrained set of beliefs focused on the protection of the home. And of course it's to be expected. They grew up in the worst economic climate in 30-40 years. Remember Gen X? Remember the Great Depression?
>>
>>71678045
2006 is more post-mid. not late 2000's though y'dig
>>
2007 is the shift from the 90s-early 00s to what we have today
>>
File: 1382847434660.png (173KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1382847434660.png
173KB, 500x368px
>>71679906
>>71679979

I think it's more a moderation of millennial tropes and the typical counter-reaction to the past generation. Kids with the chance to stand out *will* stand out. But it's weird, because generational influences are collapsing in on one another. At the risk of saying "it's different now" when you've got Greek-era scrawls of elders lamenting the young, it's much easier to relate to kids these days than it has been before. At least, socially and consumption-wise. Then again, wait a decade, take the oldest millennial and put them next to the youngest Gen-Z, and we'll see how different it really gets.

If we have another big crash when these kids graduate college, then you'll see the political pendulum swing toward whatever the blame is, and whatever movement can capture the angst of it. Probably not some new punk movement, but who knows.
>>
>>71679576
>Keep your eye out for what high schoolers are doing in their garages right now and you'll get the picture.
shitposting on the internet? oh boy I just can't wait to see what sort of profound music that leads to
>>
>>71679576
Nobody's doing anything in their fucking garages grandpa, the new generation is majorly liberal because of over-exposure to liberal media like YouTube. Most people going into high school like alternative stuff like Radiohead and Grimes but Rap and Hip-hop are really popular.
-High School Teacher
>>
>>71678045
absolutely mid 00s
2007 is the "first" year of the late 00s
>>
>>71678045
What's the difference? The 2000s were uniformly shit for music.
>>
File: 1457883590124.jpg (78KB, 537x799px) Image search: [Google]
1457883590124.jpg
78KB, 537x799px
>>71679576
>shitposting: new level reached
>>
>>71679265
This is pretty much just for Merrikans though
>>
>>71679365
Not a year
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.