[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest with me. Could any of the famous singer chicks in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: mozart.jpg (66KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
mozart.jpg
66KB, 800x533px
Be honest with me. Could any of the famous singer chicks in the popular music sphere, even those revered for their singing ability as opposed their looks, perform the vocal parts of those three bitch servants let alone the Queen of the Night?
>>
>>71674808
No. Their vocals probably don't go that high. Maybe after a lot of classical training.
>>
Grimes (Claire Boucher) is, at most, a couple years' worth of formal classical voice lessons away from being one of the most famous Queen of the Nights/coloratura sopranos in the world. She routinely sings up to a B6 (or sometimes even higher if you count scream-singing) in live performances (e.g. this video, starting at around the 3:50 mark - https://youtu.be/uorp0uUuKPU )

To put that into perspective, the highest note in "Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen" (aka the Queen of the Night Aria - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z-LtheSy7w ) is an F6, which is a full major 4th LOWER than that.
>>
>>71675420
dude fuck off
why are you faggots so obsessed with her?
>>
>>71675420
For starters, why is she using a microphone?
>>
>>71675468
I wonder when one of the Grimesfags is going to pull a Ricardo.
>>
>>71675468
>dude fuck off
Don't ask questions if don't want answers to them.

>why are you [moronic meme insult omitted] so obsessed with her?
Can only speak for myself. I'm a classically trained professional opera singer, multi-instrumentalist, and neo-classical composer. Grimes is pretty much the only active musician/singer on the cutting edge of modern music worth giving a damn about right now. Because of details like >>71675420
>>
>>71675713
I'm actually Mozart and there's no way she could do a Papagena.
>>
>>71675570
The same reason why virtually all modern singers (classically trained or not) do - because she's performing over amplified instruments in an acoustically compromised environment.
>>
>>71675784
Secondly, why can't she sing intelligibly even when using one?
>>
>>71675752
Papagena's notes aren't even particularly high though. That said you're right they should have classical training before performing.
>>
>>71675806
Probably because you can't hear.

Also, all vowel sounds loose their sonically identifiable characteristics when a singer sings higher than around the C above middle C (aka C5) which is clearly MUCH lower than any of the repertoire being talked about here. Hence the common stereotype (apart from obvious language barrier issues) of opera singers being difficult to understand. Or incredibly high-voiced singers like Grimes.

One of the ways you can tell Mozart was a great composer is because he followed a formula that addressed this specific problem. If you listen to the aforementioned aria ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOQ7W8-_Ekg ) carefully, you will notice that the lyrics are always sung by the singer in a lower vocal range first (no original lyrical content appears during the coloratura melismatic sections) and only after that initial statement do they go up into the stratosphere. Young Mozzy knew what he was doing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.