[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album is close to perfect. I do wish that Step Out and Rockin'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Front.jpg (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
58KB, 300x300px
This album is close to perfect.
I do wish that Step Out and Rockin' Chair was on the album. She's Electric could of been a b side.

Out of all the Morning Glory songs, I remember Don't Look Back in Anger being played the most on St. Louis radio. During the summer of 1996 I heard this song often.

Cast No Shadow is one of their best songs, IMO.
>>
>>71674306
>She's Electric could of been a b side.

kys
>>
>>71674306
"She's Electric" is perfect though.
>>
Thought this album catapulted Oasis to superstardom, I think it's not quite as good as the first. In fact it's a patchy affair. My fave tracks are Wonderwall, Some Might Say, WTSMG and Champagne Supernova. That's four good tracks out of 10 (I don't count both Swamp Songs excerpts). I can only imagine how mind blowing this LP would have been, if songs trown away as B-Sides on the precedent singles were on it in the place of all the rest, like Acquiesce. In didn't matter in the end, because the whole world went Oasis crazy, and they became tabloid sellers to the hilt.

I remember the sight of drunks in pubs, spilling beer holding themselves together and singing Wonderwall when it came on the radio in London. I realised by then how big Oasis were becoming... and realised most of these people would turn their back on this band pretty soon too, for them, it was only a kleenex like fad. It marks the time Oasis become big, but also the time they are losing themselves in all the traps of fame. For me, the time it started to go wrong is not Be Here Now, it's WTSMG.
>>
Fuck oasis
>>
>>71674333
Better be, it's basically a fucking Beatle song
>>
YOU GOTTA ROLL WITH IT
>>
>>71674306
been listening to this almost everyday on my way to work, does a pretty good job of lifting me up
Some Might Say is pretty rad
>>
They really had a moment with this record. Wish they didn't have such shitty interpersonal dynamics. I'd love to see them in concert again.
>>
It's hard to pick a best song off this because all the tracks are fucking great.
>>
>>71674306
This was my first album, my parents bought it for me in 1996, I was 5. none of you guys will know what it was like to be 5-8 years old while your family played it religiously on those warm 90s nights on the stereo system as it echoed across the house
>>
Oasis' antics (mostly Liam) in late Summer 1996 is what caused the tide to turn once again in America for them.

Immediately after they played Knebworth to 250,000 people, Liam decides not to show up for first few US arena tour dates, gets drunk and spitting and swearing at Oasis' VMAs performance, not showing up for MTV Unplugged, the band cancelling the rest of the US tour halfway through and nearly breaking up. This all happened in the span of a month.

Oasis were still popular, but they were less liked now.

In St. Louis, I remember hearing D'you Know What I Mean on the radio when it first came out. I don't recall Stand By Me on the radio, but I do remember the video.

"D'You" was the first single, and I do remember it getting MTV play, but it faded pretty fast IICRC. "Don't Go Away" definitely did better, but I don't think it was close to MG singles like "Don't Look Back" or "CS". There was nothing on BHN that was as popular as "Wonderwall" or DLBIA. The initial MTV enthusiasm for the DYKWIM? video never carried over onto the charts for that single, or the accompanying album. I'll never forget going to the record store late Monday night, and noticing

1. How few people were there compared to most "midnight sales"
2. How few of the people were there for 'Be Here Now'

From Wikipedia -

The album debuted at number two on the Billboard charts in the United States, but its first week sales of 152,000—below expected sales of 400,000 copies—were considered a disappointment.

Be Here Now is where the rot set in and SOTSOG is 2000 was were Oasis completely lost their US audience for good.
>>
>>71674318
underrated post
>>
File: kontiki.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kontiki.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
WTSMG is okay

Kontiki is better in every way
>>
>>71674306
>She's Electric could of been a b side.

Fuck off. It's like you don't understand what makes the first two Oasis albums work so well. You'd probably take Digsy's Dinner off DM too wouldn't you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.