[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mu/, looking to find more music like pic related, could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Laughing_stock.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_stock.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
Hey /mu/, looking to find more music like pic related, could you hook me up?
>>
>>71652423
Spirit of Eden
Mark Hollis' solo album
Pygmalion
>>
Not gonna lie, I haven't come across any other music exactly like Talk Talk. They're pretty different to most bands labelled as post-rock. Production wise, I actually think they sound like Radiohead in a lot of ways... is that crazy?
>>
>>71652423
bark psychosis - hex
gastr del sol - upgrade & afterlife
>>
>>71652529
it's crazy that you were able to put together three of the most basic bitch opinions on this board, back to back to back. >>71652529
>>
>>71652563
LOL
>>
File: 36520.jpg (87KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
36520.jpg
87KB, 500x499px
The other Talk Talk albums, plus side projects
Bark Psychosis
Labradford
The Blue Nile
David Sylvian
Those are probably the most immediate ones. Also look into ECM style jazz and ambient.

>>71652529
Radiohead are basically a post-rock band so yes, they have taken inspiration from Talk Talk and the like.
>>
it took me a while to come to this realisation, but

Laughing Stock > Spirit of Eden
>>
File: thom_yorke-gal-dads.jpg (42KB, 431x300px) Image search: [Google]
thom_yorke-gal-dads.jpg
42KB, 431x300px
>>71652698
>Radiohead are basically a post-rock band
>>
spirit of eden > laughing stock

look deep inside and you know it to be true
>>
>>71652782
'no', ascension day is literal perfection.
>>
I'm surprised no one mentioned Hood yet. They're the most obviously inspired by Talk Talk and Bark Psychosis. Check out The Cycle of Days and Seasons.
>>
>>71652829
I think you mean After the Flood
>>
>>71652423
There's nothing like it. It's one year worth of improvisation sessions edited and arranged perfectly.
>>
>>71652529
I was listening to Mark Hollis' s/t recently and it was reminding me a lot of A Moon Shaped Pool.
>>
>>71652782
You're the rightest.

OP you should listen to .O.rang, it doesn't sound a lot like talk talk but it's an awesome side project from the drummer and bassist of talk talk.
>>
>>71652829
the minimalist "New Grass" blows my mind every time I listen to it, so much emotion in that song but it's such a bare track instrumentally.
>>
>>71653120
Fun fact: on some sessions, it goes so perfect, that Hollis decided to scrapped it because it sounds inhuman.
>>
Bark Psychosis is what you are looking for
>>
File: 1478409435025.png (277KB, 598x566px) Image search: [Google]
1478409435025.png
277KB, 598x566px
>those little electric organ sequences in After The Flood
>>
File: pygmalion.jpg (35KB, 1200x1202px) Image search: [Google]
pygmalion.jpg
35KB, 1200x1202px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2eujVjmIAA
>>
>>71653892
Forgot about this one, it kind of is. I know it's been said many times before but Blue Skied n' Clear has an uncanny similarity to I Believe in You
>>
>>71652423
Hex by Bark Psychosis is Talk Talk taken to the next level towards post rock.

>>71652698
>Radiohead
>post rock

Is this some kind of proto bait disguised within a regular post?
>>
>>71653892
Crazy that Slowdive ever released something like this. It's truly original unlike Souvlaki. Their best album by far
>>
>>71652698
>ECM style jazz

Very interesting stuff, thanks for recommending! This is basically the kind of jazz I love, didn't know there was a genre for it.
>>
Labradford are super-underrated, I found their debut LP for like ten bucks in a RSD sale a couple of years ago and it's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhkgRw2p7bA
>>
>>71652423
In Rainbows and A Moon Shaped Pool
>>
>>71654160
believe it or not they actually dabbled in ambient techno at one point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwPnbiKYHPs
>>
>>71654160
Souvlaki may be derivative but it's a solid album; Pygmalion is more experimental / original but doesn't hold up on a song-by-song basis imo
>>
>>71654293
I'm hoping Kranky or whatever label reissues the rest of their disco. I'd love to get A Stable Reference, the s/t, and El Luxo So.
>>
>>71654324
Holy shit. Slowdive were much more experimental than people give them credit for. I really hope the new album has some surprises and isn't just a safe Just for a Day/Souvlaki-type album.
>>
>>71654230
ECM is a label, it's been around for more than 40 years, with an ENORMOUS catalogue and a consistently high level of quality. If you're into this shit and didn't know about ECM, you have hit the jackpot. Enjoy.
>>
File: Bark_Psychosis_-_Hex.jpg (36KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
Bark_Psychosis_-_Hex.jpg
36KB, 300x295px
>>71652423
I prefer this one, desu.
>>
Listen to Spirit of Eden and Hollis' solo album.

I'm sorry, but you've listened to the pinnacle of music. Nowhere else to go after here.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.