[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't this album have a bigger influence? All these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Love-Below-Andre-3000.jpg (108KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Love-Below-Andre-3000.jpg
108KB, 1000x1000px
Why didn't this album have a bigger influence? All these years later, it's just a weird blip and nobody sounds anything like it even though many millions loved it.
>>
Because every other Outkast album is 10x better

And the many millions that loved it only listen to Hey Ya not the rest.
>>
>>71649775
Come to think of it nothing else sounds like Stankonia either.
>>
Andre 2000 is underrated
>>
>>71650350
Underrated? Andre is usually regarded as one of the best rappers of all time.

Big Boi is underrated.
>>
you could say it had an influence on what Kanye had to come, which then had a enormous influence on modern music
Andre is like the pop singers singer
>>
>>71650708
>you could say it had an influence on what Kanye had to come
what how
>>
>>71649750
there arent that many good songs on it besides

Hey Ya
Prototype
Roses
>>
>>71650441
This.
>>
>>71650441

Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty is an album I could listen to every day for the rest of my life
>>
Speakerboxxx>Love Below
>>
>>71650441

This.

His verse on Return of the G is the most gangsta shit ever.

>"A playa want no trouble, I just wanna sit back with my gators on and watch my little girl blow bubbles"
>>
>listens to Prince once
>>
Because despite some really great songs, the whole side feels weak

Big Boi's side is much more consistent imo
>>
>>71649750

wat?
Its likely one of the most influential hiphop albums to non-hiphop artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjz_B1xH2j4
>>
I think he was the first rapper to transition into singing, unironically, for an entire album. It foreshadowed all the autotune shit in the late 2000s, and all the singing dudes we have now, the Frank Oceans and Drakes and Futures.
>>
>>71649750
>Roses
>Spread
>She Lives In My Lap
>Draculas Wedding
>Prototype
>Love Hater
>A Day In A Life
>My Favorite Things
literally a 10/10
>>
Still waiting for a new Andre 3000 album.
>>
>>71653970
Yeah it's coming out after the Jay Electronica one.
>>
>>71653442
Outkast in general is quite revolutionary
>>
>>71653442
I'd posit that 808s was more responsible for that, but I can see your point.
>>
Despite winning the Grammy for Best Rap Album, and containing two massive hits that dominated the radio for several years, it's reputation isn't all that great. On /mu/, people either ignore it or say how lackluster it was; I assume it's the same, if not more aggressively hated, everywhere else, especially considering how off-beat it was.
It's one of my favorites, though.
also
"Sherane AKA Master Splinter's Daughter" by Kendrick always felt like a direct rip off of A Life in the Day of Benjamin Andre to me.
>>
>>71654371
Not that guy, but the sing rapping stuff was already happening at that time, though it was usually RnB singers that would be rapping instead of the other way around (so it was Akon, Usher, Timberlake before Cudi/Kanye changed it up.) I don't think it's due to The Love Below though, the main influence for that's probably The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill.
>>
>>71654371
Cee Lo was also doing that
it was pretty good too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhD1xbeHEwE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsN-wGhETQE
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.