[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they effortlessly nail every single genre they come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: v600_51eawpveill.jpg (222KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
v600_51eawpveill.jpg
222KB, 600x600px
Why do they effortlessly nail every single genre they come in contact with?
>>
They haven't nailed Crunkcore
>>
Years and years of perfecting their craft, while listening to copious amounts of music spanning tons of different genres..
>>
>>71649609
>they've come in contact with
>>
>>71649635
Well if they haven't come into contact with crunkcore by now then how am I supposed to take them seriously?
>>
>Why do they effortlessly nail every single genre they come in contact with?

Because Ween's idea of writing a song was always picking an established genre, incorporating as many cliched traits as possible, and executing it with a tongue-in-cheek attitude. The underlying concept is original enough, but the actual music lacks originality and sincerity, which gets old quickly. It's why Ween was always a niche band.
>>
>>71649659
easily, from the very fact they haven't touched such a shit janitor's closet of """music"""
>>
>>71649591
because they were racist homophobes, of course they got country right
>>
>>71650015
>lacks originality and sincerity
>donald-trump-wrong.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdHMvWT1a4
>>
>>71650015

Go listen to Mutilated Lips, realize how dumb you are and stick your head in a toilet.
>>
>>71650015
It's literally the most sincere music you can find.
>>
>>71650199
Stop posting the mollusk

If you wanna change this guy's mind post true kvlt Ween. Like pure guava

They totally created their own sub genre of lofi
>>
>>71650059
you do realise they're satirical in their songs right?
>>
>>71650015
lol literally fucking retarded
>>
best ween albums are quebec and pure guava fucking FIGHT ME

i'd say the pod but browness=/=quality
>>
>>71651375
Don't quiver, little boy.
>>
>>71651521
Quebec is quite overrated.
>>
Okay, real talk, if you think this is a great country album, you DO NOT listen to enough country music.

This album is just a dumb pantomime with Nashville regulars just going through the motions. It's like the insufferable, McGuinn fronted, version of The Christian Life off Sweetheart of the Rodeo, but an entire album.
>>
>>71651521
It's White Pepper nigga
>>
>>71651592
>Not liking the Byrd's version of The Christian Life

Die in a fire and burn in hell forever
>>
>>71651592
It's good because it's Ween.
>>
>>71651567
The mollusk and chocolate and cheese are the overrated Ween records
>>
>>71651592
>t. Japanese Cowboy
>>
>>71651666
It's the Pod, just because stupid hardcore ween fans like listening to poop
>>
>>71651626
I do like that song. I like the version fronted by Gram Parsons that doesn't have McGuinn putting on a stupid fucking accent
>>
Godweensatan is their best album.

I honestly never really been big on Country Greats. My friend loves it but it annoys me.
>>
>>71651521
Tbh, the pod had better songs than pure guava imo. I love both immensely (they're my 2 favorite ween albums), but the songwriting on the pod is superior, in my opinion. So many songs on that album are just too good, like can u taste the waste, don't sweat it, and the stallion pt 1. The way they took the shitty sound quality of the 8 track recorder they were using and turned it into something that is completely unique and perfect is just amazing. It creates an atmosphere that is unparalleled by many of their later albums.
>>
on your knees you big booty bitch, start suckin
>>
>>71651733
Ah yeah, i've heard that version. It's good.
>>
>>71651831
I just realized I just switched what I was talking about half way through. I guess what I was trying to say was that the pod utulized the 8 track recorder better than pure guava. I know they recorded pure guava on the 8 track, while they were living in the pod, as well.
>>
>>71651702
>poop
You really don't get browness, do you? They literally invented a new genre of lofi music, that brilliantly mastered use of the 8 track recorder. The sound on those albums is quite beautiful once you get it. Plus, most of their jam songs are on their first 4 albums, so people like to hear the live versions as well, because they don't play the songs the same way they are on the albums.
>>
>>71651521
you're retarded
>>
>>71651375
*dwedole-dwooooo*
OH LITTLE

BIRD-Y
>>
>>71652113
I get it. the stallion and mourning glory are fantastic songs. but songs like Frank and Laura are utter trash.
>>
>>71650166
>>71650199
>>71651252
>>71651510

>being in this much denial

Lulz
>>
>>71653629
>Frank
>bad

Nigga that track practically lays out the groundwork for the album

The whole thing's like a trip, see, and our protag starts his journey off with a pork roll egg and cheese, has that same one on his mind by Awesome Sound, and is craving one on She Fucks Me, and this craving is consummated on the penultimate track. Frank is an important bookend.
>>
>>71653629
Frank is like the fourth best song on the album, ya dingus.
>>
>>71653899
ok, it works inna album conceptually, but as a standalone song, its really nothing special.
>>
>>71653938
I must say, your opinion is terrible.
>>
File: 1477266474273.png (1KB, 266x42px) Image search: [Google]
1477266474273.png
1KB, 266x42px
>>71653629
>songs like Frank and Laura are utter trash
>>
>>71653629
>but songs like Frank and Laura are utter trash.
delete your 4chan account.
>>
>>71653629
Wow, pleb to the max.
>>
>>71653999
>>71653998
>>71653983
Ween is bad!
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.