[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody else straight but prefer listening to music made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: arckaine.jpg (4KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
arckaine.jpg
4KB, 286x176px
anybody else straight but prefer listening to music made by lgbt artist only?
>>
how do u know if an artist is gay or lesbian?
>>
>>71649497
google
>>
>implying sexual orientation affects listening
>implying sexual orientation affects creation
>>
>>71649472
Why anon? Doesn't that severely limit the amount of artists you can listen to? You are missing out great artist because of their sexual preference, which has almost nothing to do with the type of music they produce.
>>
why do you keep making this thread whats the endgame
>>
>>71649646
>>implying sexual orientation affects creation

Ok, which one of us has to explain the bird and the bee's to this guy.
>>
File: 4714675467.jpg (84KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
4714675467.jpg
84KB, 682x600px
>>71649701
>>
>>71649701
kek
>>
>>71649646
>>implying sexual orientation affects creation
It does, in the sense that the art you create is inherently linked to you as a person and the world around you. Does it mean that if you're gay and an artist, everything you do will have a tinge of dicklust in it? No, unless you decide to do that. It just means that you, as a American middle class gay male will have a different perception of yourself and the world than if you were a Chinese aristocratic straight girl, and that perception will be reflected in your art. It might be undetectable to anyone, sure, and it probably will not matter anyway.
>>
>>71649681
i dont purposefully do it there are some straight artists i like but for the most part all of my favorites and things i listen to regularly are lgbt artists.
>>
Does it count I like Xiu Xiu and I'm straight?
>>
>>71649472
>limiting your music experience based on an artist's sexual orientation.
>>
>>71649472
yes but not because I think they're better, just because it's more likely I can relate to their lyrics, if they're talking about same sex realtionships for example.

Arca isn't very gay in his music though, barely any lyrics. Coil come to mind as a very 'gay' band
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.