[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw want to release your music on bandcamp but have shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1488659401739.jpg (27KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1488659401739.jpg
27KB, 500x449px
>tfw want to release your music on bandcamp but have shit recording equipment and suck at production
Do I have any options other than >git gud
>>
>>71627028
Always watch tutorials when you're bored and remake everything you see. If you get good with your DAW the quality of your equipment wont even matter.
>>
>>71627028
Just digitalize everything, it's not like you can play better than a computer, and no one wants to hear your voice anyway.
>>
>>71627094
this and ignore this >>71627149
guy.
you gotta just consume knowledge, watch a few tutorials and just do it, eventually you will get better and gain confidence, thats what i did
>>
>>71627028
>Listening to my vocal take
>A bunch of wet mouth noises

how do you guys solve this?
>>
>>71627341
Eat a sour candy before recording. It's a classic trick used by a fair amount of radio programs.
>>
>>71627341
Get a pop shield or use a noise gate on the vocals.
>>
>>71627341
>recording a drum take
>gf comes into the room and screams halfway through
>actually sounds like it's meant to be there and gives the song a "quirky", "human" quality
>can't keep it because it was only a rough take and you fucked up the timing
>>
File: 128746.jpg (126KB, 476x350px) Image search: [Google]
128746.jpg
126KB, 476x350px
>>71627341
>>
>>71627393
Had a pop shield but I'll try the noise gate

>>71627377
Will try this as well

>>71627415
This too but it wouldn't work well with the take I'm trying to do
>>
>>71627028
low quality and either intentionally or unintentionally shitty fidelity can be interesting in music. higher quality sound is not necessarily better. lots of artists purposefully use lofi sound to enhance an aesthetic or concept.
>>
>>71627406
>fucked up the timing
Well there ya go, didn't have to sugar coat it with the "rough take" bullshit haha
>>
>>71627467
Lo fi is becoming a really annoying meme at this point it's becoming a crutch for bad artists and their bad songwriting
>>
>>71627467
Wouldn't I still have to be good at production to pull it off though?
>>
>>71627545
What does lo-fi production have to do with the quality of the songwriting
>>
>>71627555
Not really. If your songwriting is good enough it will shine through regardless of the equipment you're using. Insert 50 examples of artists who recorded great music using shit equipment here something something authenticity something.
>>
>>71627576
It doesn't, but it's becoming a crutch to make the artist's music more interesting when their songwriting is lacking
>>
>>71627028
stop caring and release lo fi shit
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.