[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just listened to this album. This isn't bad at all. This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
I just listened to this album. This isn't bad at all. This is a great album. I'll give it a 9/10.
>>
That's not an album, that's a banana
>>
>>71625113
nice opinion kid

If you also the take historical context and what the album does into account, it should get 10/10, even though not every song is 10/10. Reviewing the album strictly musically is wrong.
>>
Yeah, Warhol's super underappreciated as a musician.
>>
>>71625279
>listen to Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
>think it's bad and too weird
>don't like it
>"Well, I'll give it a 10/10 anyway cuz it has historical context"
>10/10 ratings now mean nothing because you are rating albums you don't like 10/10 because of historical significance
>>
>>71625279
You're right. I thought it's shit, but gave it a pass for the context of the release
>>
Original VU line up never put out a bad record.
Squeeze isn't a VU album except in name only!
>>
>>71625646
Are you trying to say that taking historic context into account weakens the judgement about an album, book, film, etc.? That makes no sense as it's a way to construct more convicingly/better criteria with which you can review an object. I didn't say that historic context should wholly determine the judgement.

Sgt Pepper is certainly inferior to TVU&N.
>>
>>71625279
>Reviewing the album strictly musically is wrong.

I'm not a critic nigga, it's not my job to evaluate its place in a culture I wasn't even a love for. I don't care what the fuck happened to the album contextually unless it adds more to the music listening experience.
>>
>>71625646
This is just a meme, right? People here don't really think Sgt. Peppers changed music, right?
>>
>>71626469
s/t and Loaded also weren't made by the original VU lineup

but they are still great
>>
>>71625279
>Reviewing the album strictly musically is wrong.
I think the otherwise. You shouldn't praise an album if it's completely shit.
Not the case with this one but you get me.
>>
>>71626857
Yes, I agree, that's why I said it shouldn't be the only factor, but you can't dismiss it.
>>
>>71627020
What's the purpose of assigning a rating to an album? It's not your duty to determine the historical significance of an album, and you shouldn't even pretend you can, as you aren't a historian. Plus, history exists apart from you regardless; why not then let your rating uniquely reflect you? Represent yourself
>>
>>71625113
Yes anon.It truly is an amazing album.Thanks for the pinpoint observation.
>>
>>71626776
You new here? Clearly have never seen The Beach Boys cock sucking that goes on here
>>
>>71627066
I agree that attaching a number to an album is generic, not ideal.

>why not then let your rating uniquely reflect you?
Sure, but if you study the historic context, it will likely change your appreciation of the art object.
>>
>rolling stones songs with a viola and german lesbian singing
>omg it changed the course of music
All this album did is let talentless art college hacks with no musical knowledge into the spotlight with their 'poetry' for years to come
>>
>>71627183
I hope you're being ironic.
>>
shitty album, 7/10 at best
>>
>>71626776
There was a guy on last night that keeps coming on mu and saying sgt pepper is more experimental than vu&n and compared Paul McCartney to Pierre Schaefer and john cage
>>
>>71627859
lmao
>>
>>71625279
Nah mate I live in a vacuum and English isn't my first language. I wasn't even alive in the sixties and won't pretend to know anything about it.
Perhaps I should rate Aristotelian Physics 10/10 for historical significance.
>>
>>71625279
>"rating" an album

hahahahah
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.