[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite song by Billy Joel? Plus, did he write

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What is your favorite song by Billy Joel? Plus, did he write all of the music he was selling?
>>
A BOTTLE OF WHITE
>>
>>71624478
Vienna
>>
>>71624467
Captain Jack by far, one of the best songs ever written IMO
>>
>>71625201
>you will never be a rich 70s NEET

he predicted an entire generation's lifestyle
>>
Ballad of Billy the Kid fo sho
>>
His 70s albums have more of a regional/Northeastern flavor and are centered on lounge piano sounds, his 80s albums are where he went pop. Creatively and commercially, his peak was pretty much during the early 80s. The late 80s stuff starts to get a little slacker as he turned into a middle aged family man--by Storm Front, you can see the end is approaching even though the album still produced a crop of catchy singles. Thankfully he stopped releasing new albums in the early 2000s.
>>
Modern Woman is a nifty antifeminist tune.
>>
BUT NIGGA CANT FRY IT WITH A BROKEN BACK

AT LEAST HE CAN POLISH THE FENDERS
>>
File: 1480393968407.jpg (78KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1480393968407.jpg
78KB, 750x750px
"Movin' out" is the pinnacle of all musical creation you inbreds.
>>
>>71624467
Probaby Anthony's song or Angry Young Man. The lyrics to those always make me smile.
>>
>>71624467
Downeaster Alexa

Frankly don't listen to it much either though.
>>
>>71624467
Zanzibar. 52nd Street is one of my favorite albums. It would easily be 10/10 if Until The Night wasn't on it. Saw him at the Garden last May. Phenomenal show.
>>
It breaks down to this.

>Cold Spring Harbor
Joel's debut which was accidentally mastered at 35 RPM making him sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks. He was not happy about this.
>Piano Man
The big mainstream breakout that produced his first (horribly, nauseatingly overplayed) hit.
>Streetlife Serenade
>Turnstiles
More piano antics, more mmmmuh New Yaawwwkk.
>The Stranger
>52nd Street
More of the same, only slightly less kid-like as he passes 25
>Glass Houses
Billy's one-off New Wave album. Not bad desu.
>The Nylon Curtain
Probably his most substantial artistic statement if a little dated with the songs about the Rust Belt and whatnot.
>An Innocent Man
Retro 50s-60s sound, produced his single biggest hit ever.
>The Bridge
He got married and became a father during the interrum between AIM and this album, you can tell he's mellowing a bit and the music doesn't bite as hard as his earlier efforts.
>Storm Front
Produced by that clown from Foreigner (well, they're all clowns but you know what I mean) to give it a big, loud stadium rock sound. These songs are definitely sloppier and less focused than earlier BJ efforts and portend the imminent end of his career as a recording artist despite still having enough hooks for radio play.
>those albums he put out in 1992 and 2001
Shit, but thankfully he then quit making new studio material.
>>
Too bad his shit has aged like sour milk.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.