[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys developed a fervent obsession

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: 1488086238715.png (28KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
1488086238715.png
28KB, 354x286px
>Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys developed a fervent obsession with the song,[17] leading Spector to quip: "I'd like to have a nickel for every joint he smoked trying to figure out how I got the 'Be My Baby' sound."[18] Wilson told The New York Times in 2013 that he has listened to the song more than 1,000 times.[13] Wilson explains his reaction to hearing the record for the first time:

>I was in my car with my girlfriend and we were driving around... When all of a sudden this guy Wink Martindale—a disc jockey—he goes, "All right! Here we go with 'Be My Baby' by the Ronettes." It started playing … All of a sudden it got into this part—"be my, be my baby"—and I said "What is—what?! Whoa whoa!" I pulled over to the side of the street of the curb and went, "...My God! ...Wait a minute! ...No way!" I was flipping out. I really did flip out. Balls-out totally freaked out when I heard. … In a way it wasn't like having your mind blown, it was like having your mind revamped. It's like, once you've heard that record, you're a fan forever.[19]

>The song ultimately revamped Wilson's songwriting and creative aspirations.[20] Wilson considers his "Don't Worry Baby" to be the male answer to "Be My Baby".[21][22] At one point, he instructed Beach Boys engineer Stephen Desper to create a tape loop consisting only of the song's chorus, listening to it for several hours in what Desper saw as "some kind of a trance".[23] Wilson's daughter Carnie stated that during her childhood: "I woke up every morning to boom boom-boom pow! Boom boom-boom pow! Every day."[24] Brian Wilson eventually did a cover of the song with the Beach Boys in July 1980 and later in 2000 on his solo album Live at the Roxy Theatre.
>>
The night we met I knew I needed you so
And if I had the chance I'd never let you go
So won't you say you love me,
I'll make you so proud of me.
We'll make 'em turn their heads every place we go

So won't you, please, be my be my baby
Be my little. baby my one and only baby
Say you'll be my darlin', be my be my baby
Be my baby now, my one and only baby
>>
So?
>>
>>71621047

Thanks for sharing this anon. I love reading stories of artists behind obsessed with other songs. Kind of reveals what they like
>>
>>71621047
He was just doing a meme
>>
>>71621442
damn
>>
heres the song btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzhbGaCwBzs&list=PLwJ1LVvSuhFjBuSkTm_X3huutrPWxBLnq
>>
>>71621047
>>71621327
Sorry guys I don't mean to hijack the thread but I have some feels I need to let out
>months ago
>have crush on a girl
>she listened to The Beach Boys, but only knew their hits plus maybe three deep cuts (I'm So Young, Surf's Up, and I wanna say I'll Bet He's Nice)
>one day I'm in the car with her
>our other friend is there
>"Here Anon, play something."
>have a moment of autism and play Be My Baby
>it was meant to be directed at her
>but I didn't say anything
>she and my friend say "Hey wow this is neat!"
>that became the "theme song" of our trio
>fast forward
>have nervous breakdown after she flirted with me for months on end without actually going through with anything, and then me watching her hookup with my friend's older brother
>decide not to hang out with her for a while
>that plan didn't work out, I thought she and I could still be friends
>later on find out she ended up hooking up with another one of my friends, the best-looking of the bunch
>she and I decide together that for my mental health we'd stop talking
>for good
>tell her before she hangs up
>"the night we met I knew I needed you so..."
>she cried and then said "Goodbye Anon"
>never spoke to her again
>can't hear Be My Baby the same way ever again.
>>
>>71621047
>create a tape loop consisting only of the song's chorus, listening to it for several hours in what Desper saw as "some kind of a trance
yfw Brian invented eccojams
>>
>>71621822
which songs chorus tho?
>>
File: 1489618357348.png (156KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1489618357348.png
156KB, 300x225px
>>71621762
Ay
thats sad yo
>>
File: brian-wilsonjpg - Copy.jpg (26KB, 279x337px) Image search: [Google]
brian-wilsonjpg - Copy.jpg
26KB, 279x337px
>>71621906
>>
>>71621762
>surf's up
>a deep cut

you're being hard on yourself playing be my baby was not a done in a moment of autism clearly it was cool and you should embrace that side of yourself. sounds like you really lack confidence despite being a cool dude that people actually like.

also I love this song and the jesus and mary chain stole the intro drum part for just like honey
>>
>>71621762
she still thinks about you
>>
So Brian's a hack.
>>
>>71621906
be my baby
>>
>>71621762
Damn dude that's rough. Sorry.

As a side note, are mental breakdowns frequent for you guys? I haven't had anything similar to that since my dad died.
>>
>>71621762
>have nervous breakdown after she flirted with me for months on end without actually going through with anything

BRUHHH
>>
>>71621968
for what it's worth, I think Brian made the superior song. superior melody at least in my eyes
>>
>>71621762
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqyLYD5Zw6g
>>
>>71622108
what song
>>
>>71621762
Just remember, women are a meme.
>>
>>71621047
Whats so special about the song? The chorus seems normal. I dont know what he was trying to figure out.
>>
LAST NIGHT I DREAMED I WAS ON THE NILE
>>
>>71621916
Yeah.
>>71621935
Thanks man. It's funny that you say I lack confidence. People call me a social butterfly and say I can approach anyone and act like I've known them for years. Which, yeah, I can, but despite being able to make friends easily I fumble when it comes to romance.
>>71621947
>>71622015
Believe me guys... As much as I'd like to believe she still thinks about me, or that I could have ended up with her, it's not like that at all. I asked her explicitly, multiple times, if she was ever legitimately interested in me or not. The answer was always no and that she's just naturally flirty. Which is true, she is naturally flirty.
>>71622003
They're not frequent for most people I would imagine, but I already have a fragile mental state. I have psychosis, depression, and a whole lot of other mental illnesses. My friends have seen me take all my medicines and always make jokes about how it's enough to knock out an elephant.
>>71622128
I want to. Believe me, I've tried. But like I said above I have psychosis and part of it is that I hallucinate, and one of the things I hallucinate is her. I'll hear her voice or even see and be able to touch and interact with a hallucinatory version of her who's a lot more messed up than she actually was, but it still reminds me of her.
>>71622159
Women are people, just like we are.
>>
>>71622389
>>71621762
<3 that feel
>>
>>71621762
you can talk to her again, eventually
i hope you do. that kind of love has a way of aging like wine. and you don't have to drink it to know that it's good.
<3
>>
>>71622486
>>71622631
Thank you Anons. I hope I can talk to her again someday. We agreed to block each other and delete each others' phone numbers though.

Last weekend my friend who was in the car with us for the Be My Baby thing went over to her house for a party. I told him to tell her I say hi. He said to me back "She says hi lol". That's the closest I've gotten to talking with her again.
>>
>>71622668
get over it m8

you have your whole life ahead of u lol
>>
File: mike-love-4.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mike-love-4.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
This thread is fucking gay.
>>
>>71621762
this didn't happen

I know because I've written things identical to this to convince myself that I had something wrong with me or depression. But it's all a self pity device
>>
>>71622754
>this didn't happen
I mean, if you want to believe that it didn't happen, go ahead, but I know it happened because I lived it.
>I know because I've written things identical to this to convince myself that I had something wrong with me or depression. But it's all a self pity device
I actually do have something wrong with me. Several things in fact. All of which have been diagnosed by my psychiatrist, and for which I see a psychologist regularly. I may be self-pitying, yeah, but that doesn't mean that it didn't happen or that I'm making stuff up.
>>71622697
I know I should. And I've gotten better. But I'm still not over her.
>>
>>71622844
>But I'm still not over her.
GOT A LONG WAY TO GO BUCKEROO
>>
>>71622844
self pity and blaming the world and things on disorders is the origin of your problems
>>
File: love.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
HEY NOW
>>
>>71622844
this is absolutely not a bait question
how old are you now, and when it happened?
>>
>>71622989
20, and the last time I spoke with her was in December.
>>71622891
I get you. I guess it's true. I just don't know how to fix it.
>>
File: based_mike.png (214KB, 294x374px) Image search: [Google]
based_mike.png
214KB, 294x374px
>>71622906
WELL
>>
>>71623049
shit dude. you'll have to wait a LOT, but it'll be better later on. it's still in that stinging shitty period, but it'll change up once summer comes. and then that will lead to its own things. and then, before you know it, it will have been a couple of years, and you'll accidentally bump into her. and it will be wonderful for you both.

source: it's happened to me like a half dozen times in the last 7 years
>>
>>71622108
I'd have to say PS falls short of getting a sound as big, thick and powerful as BMB or other Spector recordings. I do think the songwriting is way superior though.

Seems obvious enough, we see Brian as an artist and whoever wrote BMB as a profiteering soulless. But I don't know whether Brian saw himself as more of an artist than those types. Actually I don't even know if the concept of pop music songwriting being art predates Sgt Pepper
>>
>people really do just copy each other in music and make a career off of it

what a fraud form of art full of hacks
>>
File: 1489034672391.jpg (11KB, 344x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489034672391.jpg
11KB, 344x300px
>>71621762
>>
in the end Spector hates Brian Wilson
>>
>>71621935
It's not a deep cut, but the song didn't get any radio play either, so...
>>
>>71624786
George Harrison reputedly refused to listen to anyone else's albums for fear of stealing a lick from them.
>>
>>71626597
But then who cares what a convicted murderer thinks anyway?
>>
>>71621047
I can see that Brian's psychosis manifested itself earlier than is often thought.
>>
>Reportedly, his first exposure to the Beatles' February 1967 single "Strawberry Fields Forever" affected him. He heard the song while driving his car and pulled over to listen, commenting to his passenger Michael Vosse that the Beatles had "got there first"
>>
>>71622189
It's just really catchy and memorable. There's something melodic about it that's just really appealing. He was just trying to figure out what it was that made it so satisfying.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.