[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Bands or artists that are popular on /mu/ that you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: radiohead.jpg (69KB, 1080x867px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
69KB, 1080x867px
ITT: Bands or artists that are popular on /mu/ that you don't "get" and/or strongly dislike.

Pic related.
>>
Grimes
>>
King Crimson
>>
>>71618717
>not getting electronic pop rock
>>
Kanye West
My Bloody Valentine
Velvet Underground
Aphex Twin
Lana del Ray
>>
>>71618717
Kanye
AnCo
NMH
All Kpop
Grimes post-Visions
>>
Legitimately not because I'm not autistic.
>>
Jason Aldean, people were saying he was similar to Fishmans but all I heard was fucking bro country
>>
>>71620204
you got memed anon
>>
File: antlershospice2.jpg (74KB, 1000x898px) Image search: [Google]
antlershospice2.jpg
74KB, 1000x898px
>>
most hip hop and metal
>>71618717
muh chord progressions
>>71619941
>mbv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9qLnmEN7S8
listen to EPs 1988–1991 and Isn't Anything
>velvets
do you get the straightforward songs on TVU&N? I know lou and nico arent the most traditionally stunning vocalists but thats also part of the atmosphere
>aphex twin
I dont have any idea how to explain his music, but he's written in a couple different styles if you haven't heard them all
>>71620270
because its bad
>>
>>71620383
As far as velvet underground goes I like a handful of their songs but I find the majority of it to be inaudible screeching. Even heroin which is pretty screechy is enjoyable to me, but I would say more than half of their banana album is downright horrible
>>
grimes, death grips, kanye west, list goes on
>>
>>71620881
but the two weird ones come right at the end
>>
>>71618717
Captain Beefheart
Lil Peep
Pretty much anything Prog related
>>
>>71620955
>Captain Beefheart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sEcIHG0Yc
I'm only half kidding too. Listen to rhythmically complex music, plus jazz and blues
>>
>>71620990
I play jazz music in college and 99% of all of it is fucking bullshit. The only reason I do it is because it's the only way I can play Guitar in a respectable, non-bro, way.
>>
>>71621032
do tell me what jazz is and isnt bullshit and why
>>
>>71618717
Yeah, I don't get Radiohead either, I just downloaded a bunch of their albums and it's doing nothing for me.
I really wanted to like Radiohead too.
>>
File: damn.jpg (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
10KB, 228x221px
>>71621065
come on kid
>>
Kendrick Lamar
>>
>>71621129
thats about what I expected from you
>>
File: TheWeenMeme.jpg (16KB, 281x211px) Image search: [Google]
TheWeenMeme.jpg
16KB, 281x211px
The Mollusk is overrated imo and the rest of their albums are loaded with filler and lazy songwriting. Never understood why /mu/ goes so apeshit over them.
>>
File: IMG_20131026_165951.jpg (2MB, 3264x2176px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131026_165951.jpg
2MB, 3264x2176px
>>71621123
Most of Radiohead's songs suck, but there are a few incredible ones.

"Paranoid Android" is a great song with awesome instrumentation. "No Surprises" is great too.

As far as their lesser-known songs, I really liked a few from their last album. Check out "Present Tense" from their new album and the way it progresses ever so gently. It's not available on YouTube but it's on Vimeo here:

https://vimeo.com/170415909

Another beautiful song of theirs is "Codex".

https://vimeo.com/21097693

Listen to their albums. Most songs are trash, but you'll eventually hear one or two great ones. I do wish they had better lyrics though because they make no fucking sense.
>>
>>71618717
the fucking BEACH BOYS, holy shit.
The Smile Sessions are boring as fuck.
Good Vibrations isn't special, the chorus ruins the song.
Pet Sounds is good though.
>>
>>71621123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a__Y4dlP8eo
it begins to make more sense when you're acquainted with their influences
>>
ARCA, death grips
>>
>>71621436
I don't know, maybe I wasn't listening hard enough.
I like Idioteque from Kid A, I listened to that song all the time when I was younger, but I never ventured beyond that.
>I do wish they had better lyrics though because they make no fucking sense.
from what I listened to a day or two ago I couldn't even really make out the lyrics.

>>71621526
>it begins to make more sense when you're acquainted with their influences
who are their influences?
>>
>>71621436
>they make no fucking sense
I jumped in the river, and what did I see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me,
A moon full of stars and astral cars,
All the things I used to see.
All my lovers were there with me,
All my past and futures.
And we all went to heaven in a little row boat.
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt.
>>71621618
IDM, jazz, classical music, krautrock, art rock, and art pop
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.