[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood is idolizing Aphex Twin. Adulthood is realizing that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1489699006485.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489699006485.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
Childhood is idolizing Aphex Twin.

Adulthood is realizing that 808 State were superior at the Ambient House business, Orbital were superior at the Experimental Techno business, Luke Vibert as Plug is superior at the Drill and Bass business, and Autechre are superior at the overall experimentation and innovation business.
>>
childhood is bring a pretentious cunt like you
adulthood is realizing that they are all great enjoyable music and not spewing dumb meme statements to get reactions from people on an oriental lantern making forun
>>
what ambient house did 808 state make
>>
>>71618286
it looks like you are too young a faggot to have completed the loop yet
>>
>>71618592
quadrastate m8
>>
So basically Aphex Twin is one convenient package
>>
>>71619410
Quadrastate was so fucking good.
>>
>>71619597
/thread
>>
>>71618286
>not being a child
>>
Mouse on Mars > Orbital
>>
>>71621193
Mouse on mars is underrated af
>>
>>71618286
Plug is drum 'n' bass
>>
>>71619597
That's not how it works
All of those artists does something that Aphex Twin does, better than him

Convenience is for low T hipsturs
>>
I love saw 2 and drukqs but other than that there's def some better shit out there. I think he's overrated though even though i like RDJ
>>
find something comparable to saw vol 2 and ill give this to ya
>>
>>71618286
>Autechre
Overrated as fuck, amd that's coming from an ex die hard fanboy. I'm really started to hate people who idolize these blokes who repeat the same beat for 5 minutes plus because "muh emotionless robotic beats". Sure they have some unique timbres and they know alot about sound design which makes them unique but that their only qualities. Makes it easy to understand why people like Squarepusher and Aphextwin aren't fond of Autechre especially Squarepusher. Tell a mediocre electronic producer to make something that sounds like Autehcre and they won't have too much trouble, tell that same lad to make a song like XMAS_EVET10 by Aphextwin and he wouldn't even be able to do it. Autechre is experimental wank.
>>
>>71622333
>tell a mediocre electronic producer to make something that sounds like Autehcre and they won't have too much trouble
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>71622333
Okay so i typed a bit too fast im just saying that it would be easier to make a song copying Autechres style rather than Aphextwins style. Anyone can see that.
>>
>>71622575
I think it's the opposite.
>>
>>71623551
Nah man with the amount of sound design plug-ins it's too easy to copy Autechres style even someone with half a brain can string together a song in their style these days. Almost all plug in in general come with presets and since Autechre is all about timbres and fuck all about song progression and unique melody structures you can just preset your way to song completion, you wouldn't be able to do the same with Aphex Twin's because you can't replecate his style using presets it's more so about being talented in melody creation. I've tried and failed more times than i can remember. I've copied both syles and i like making Autechre more because it's just easier.
>>
>>71624025
Link your supposed "Autechre" style, please.
>>
>>71624036
Ehh im still a noob and i never claimed to be as good as the greats but i think this one sounds pretty Autechre'ish, took like 2 days to make.
https://soundcloud.com/nutelligence/unrepairable

This one sounds more like AphexTwin took way longer to make because of all the little poppy sounds https://soundcloud.com/nutelligence/your-lights-too-bright
>>
>>71618512
this
>>
>>71618512
based
>>
>>71618512
/thread
>>
>>71618512
>>71624331
>>71625376
all by me btw
>>
>>71625384
t. op
>>
File: 1464226586244.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1464226586244.png
265KB, 334x393px
>>71618286
stop this meme is boring
>>
>>71624025
Just play the black keys and transpose it a couple of semitones, instant Aphex.
>>
>>71626629
Wow so that's how he programs his drums?????
>>
>>71627452
Stop trying to throw us off, richard
>>
>>71624094
not bad but it sounds nothing like autechre
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.