[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point in learning bass if you can't play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1214-32-601b_lg.jpg (97KB, 1000x1564px) Image search: [Google]
1214-32-601b_lg.jpg
97KB, 1000x1564px
What's the point in learning bass if you can't play music without other people?
>>
Idk but sometimes I think bass sounds cool in songs. It's probably fun to play too
>>
To play music with other people?

Anyway, I'm sure there are bassists who've performed and recorded solo music.
>>
what's the point of anything?
>>
>>71607005
Do the other one, tambourine
>>
File: evan-brewer_1.jpg (186KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
evan-brewer_1.jpg
186KB, 620x620px
>>71607030
>I'm sure there are bassists who've performed and recorded solo music.
>>
>only learning one instrument
>>
What's the point in learning bass when you can just learn guitar instead?
>>
>>71607095
If you can play guitar you can play bass.
>>
>>71607099
but anon, nobody likes a bassist who plays like a guitarist
>>
>>71607176
you don't have to worry about nobody liking you, you're playing alone
>>
>>71607005
It's like double bass but less versatile and extremely boring to play!
>>
>>71607005
To tell girls you play bass. What the fuck nigga?
How the hell did you guys manage to get layd in highschool?
>>
>>71607099
the bass is a much clunkier instrument. I feel like it's physically way easier to move from bass to guitar than vice versa.
>>71607176
what does it even mean to play bass like a guitarist? never heard anyone who does this, unless you count bass solos in general.
>>
it's easy

>step one: learn real guitar

congratulations, you can play bass
>>
>>71607176
Les Claypool is pretty popular though.
>>
>>71608479
and he really doesn't play like a guitarist as much as he plays like a spaz
>>
i learned bass because it's fucking easy, it makes your fingers strong, and it sets you apart from your average chad that knows guitar.
>>
>>71608501
>it sets you apart from your average chad that knows guitar.

yeah, the difference is Chad can play both instruments and you can play one (the shitty one that everyone ignores)
>>
>>71608515
jokes on you, i learned guitar after i learned bass.
>>
>>71608515
>(the shitty one that everyone ignores)
I love when people are proud of not paying attention to the music they listen to
>>
>>71608581
>it sets you apart from your average chad
>not paying attention to the music they listen to
u tried
>>
>>71607005
It's a sexy, versatile and exciting instrument full of potential for new musical styles and experimentation.
>>
I think bass is fun
>>
all bassists are faggots, I got into a fist fight with the bass player from my last band, he had serious mental issues
>>
File: victorwooten.jpg (40KB, 240x253px) Image search: [Google]
victorwooten.jpg
40KB, 240x253px
>>71607055 hmm definitely no good solo bassists, no
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.