[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>listening to chiptune, lo-fi, black metal and vapourwave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1488730776178.jpg (257KB, 901x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488730776178.jpg
257KB, 901x1200px
>listening to chiptune, lo-fi, black metal and vapourwave in FLAC
>listening to digital recorded music, electronica/EDM/whatever you nerds are calling it or post 2000s music on vinyl
Why?
>>
aesthetics.
>>
>>71596003
???????????????
>>
>>71595976
Why do you post this ugly picture
>>
>>71596034
Dunnolawl.
>>
>>71596009
>aesthetics
in a modern sense of the word, i mean that's their ideals of what makes art beautiful.
>>
I listen to a lot of black metal and I've never done this. Also I don't buy vinyl anymore, I do still buy tapes for demos though
>>
Some electronic music is used analog synths and recorded in tapes.
>>
Are you a Nazi?
>>
>>71596145
oh fug! ima punch da nadzi! fug da bolice!
>>
>>71595976
I mean you should always listen to lossless formats if you want it to sound as close to what the musician intended, it's basic sound theory and far from a gimmick, but for normies 320kbps is more than enough.
Listening to digitally recorded releases on vinyl (aka anything from the late 90s to now (yea yea I know digital recording existed before then but most early 90s digital releases were also recorded to tape concurrently to ensure proper transfer to vinyl), or even represses which are often sourced from digital since the original tapes were destroyed/degraded/locked away decades ago is completely worthless EXCEPT for DJing, and even then it comes down to feel and elitism. Maybe for boom bap (not that anyone produces it anymore) or plunderphonics it has a place, but records definitely are not worth the money. I used to run a record label, trust me people buy them as a curio then play them on Crosleys and you just lost $1200.
>>
>>71596214
>musician intended
Yeah, man. Loudness war'd, poorly mastered stuff really doesn't get it's time to shine unless it's FLAC on $25 earbuds.
>>
>>71596262
Lol oh I mean I don't listen to anything released through the RIAA, and if it was it predates the loudness war. Heh guess I should take off the rose glasses
>>
>>71596262
Also if you read another line down you'll see I said 320 is more than enough for normies who don't listen to house music produced in thier parents basement
>>
>>71596312
>>71596340
It is a shame though. I dunno why you'd master you music that badly on purpose. Why would you want it to sound like ass?
>>
>>71596355
Money. Normies like da bass
>>
>>71595976
Records are nice and they sound different. A lot of people like the sound.

It's not such an accurate representation of the audio but that doesn't mean it's worse (or better).
>>
>>71596377
I don't know what point your making. Making it sound louder won't make shit more bassy.
>>
>>71596401
I thought you were talking the RIAA curve not just the loudness war but whatever. I don't know why but I guess it just comes down to what sells, is the point. Dont listen to major label released music if it bothers you so much.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.