[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm finishing up my first EP and I'm looking to put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: pepe_me.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_me.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
I'm finishing up my first EP and I'm looking to put it on digital distribution like Spotify, Google Play, iTunes, etc.

I've seen these services like TuneCore that act as some sort of pseudo-label to allow you to do this, but it seems like they technically own your music once you give it to them for distribution; correct?

What are these services doing that I can't do by myself? Can I *directly* submit my music to Spotify, or do I HAVE to go through one of these middlemen?
>>
Just use bandcamp or soundcloud my guy
>>
https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/for_artists/i-m-an-artist-how-do-i-get-my-music-on-spotify/
>>
>>71593814
that won't get his music on spotify
>>
>>71593814
I post my demos on Soundcloud; I like it for the feedback of in-progress stuff. But for a finished product, I'd prefer a more "official" distribution.

>>71593823
This link essentially just says "use an aggregator," which is specifically what I'm asking about avoiding.
>>
>/mu/ is strictly for the discussion of sick lowfi chill beats bruh
>>
>>71593897
Well, I'm hoping not.
>>
>>71593833
Yeah but when you use bandcamp or soundcloud you don't support the streaming jew
>>
>>71593865
it's from spotifiy, so if they don't say you can get on there any other way, it stands to reason that you can't get on sptfy w/o an agg
>>
>>71594213
But why not? What is the aggregator doing besides presumably uploading WAVs and a metadata package?
>>
>>71593799
>, but it seems like they technically own your music once you give it to them for distribution; correct?
No, that's not how it works.

They act as a digital distributor. You are licensing them to license your music to digital media outlets, as well as handle the financial aspects of it for you.
>>
have you considered singing up as a label or aggregate?
>>
>>71594225
I should mention I work in network television and we post our shitty shows directly to iTunes through a portal Apple provides. We just encode to their mezz format (ProRes) and provide a sidecar XML with metadata. Certainly there are differences between business dealings between a huge corporation and dealings with an individual, but it seems like this is something that should be possible.

>>71594241
Would you happen to know how? I was originally looking for that information before I posted this thread, but I couldn't find anything.
>>
>>71594280
>couldn't find anything.
me either i've never looked at spotifiy before this i was just being a shiposty smartass.
>>
>>71594240
>>71593799
Forgot to mention, you still own the rights to the music--both the sound recording and the intellectual property.

I have had good experience with CDBaby, although there's not a lot of money.
>>
>>71594403
>I have had good experience with CDBaby
What's your band name?

Interesting; I've read a couple other places that they own the music; but I guess I just blindly trusted that. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>71594797
>Interesting; I've read a couple other places that they own the music
Where'd you read that?
>What's your band name?
Don't worry about it, it's not important.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.