[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm seeing Swans in a few hours. I'm honestly a bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: SwansBand2.jpg (342KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
SwansBand2.jpg
342KB, 980x980px
I'm seeing Swans in a few hours. I'm honestly a bit terrified. The place that they're playing in is going to be giving out free ear plugs, lol. Swans live experience stories? Please calm me down, I'm anxious as fuck lol
>>
>>71593242
relax captain autismo, you're gonna make it.
>>
>>71593242
I've never been to a Swans concert, but I honestly don't get what would be scary about it. If it's loud, then use the earplugs. Audience should be just fine as far as I know. I'd honestly be more scared of going to some pleb butt metal concert (like A7X) where a shit ton of moshing happens.
>>
At least you're not seeing Boards of Canada playing Geogaddi, that would be terrifying
>>
watch out for Gira I've heard things about that guy!
>>
>>71593242
It's going to be chilled out, don't worry. Gira is a mellow old man. Plenty of venues give out earplugs all the time.
>>
I saw them yesterday. If you wear earplugs you'll be absolutely fine.
>>
dont bring out your phone during the concert and you will be fine
>>
>>71593242
It's not that big of a deal
Wear the earplugs and you'll be fine
They always put on a great show
>>
>2017
>these kind of topics still appear
it is just embarassing to read
you probably think you are so into deep music xD
top fucking kek
>>
>>71593242
is this a pasta?
>>
>>71593330
Why does it bother you?
>>
>>71593337
because it is laughable
swans are constantly touring from 2010 and nothing extraordinary happens
>>
>people still make these threads because of a blurb on their wikipedia
>>
>>71593278

I hate this meme. Geogaddi may mess with occult and subliminal, but never "terrifying".

Not that you'd have any luck in seeing them live, they haven't performed live since 2001
>>
File: 1409897036066.jpg (120KB, 1191x643px) Image search: [Google]
1409897036066.jpg
120KB, 1191x643px
Anyone know what the fuck happend with the Yahoo live stream of Swans? looks like it got delet?
It was really amazing quality in sound and image
>>
I went to a Swans show in early 97' (96'?) where they were playing their new stuff from Soundtracks for the Blind. Anyway, I managed to snag an after party pass with a friend of mine. The music was good, but what stood out the most to my friend and I was 'I was a Prisoner in Your Skull.' Everything in it was perfect to us, and we couldn't wait to go backstage to ask Gira about the album. So, the concert finished up and we went backstage, giggling like little girls, but all the noise stopped when we saw Gira. I'll have to admit we were a little starstruck, but we both clamoured to ask him a question first, and (unfortunately for him) my friend got there first. So he says to Gira: "What was the story behind the lyrics in 'Prisoner in Your Skull?" So Gira tells us the story everyone's heard before, Jarboe's dad, the FBI, etc. But after Gira finished, my friend made a dangerous mistake and (in an attempt to make banter) said to him: "Ha yeah right." This really set Gira off. As fast as I could realise, Gira had pulled a lamp out of the wall and smashed it over my friend's head, who was now looking dead-eyed up at the ceiling with a massive, gaping hole in his head, all while the band members were doing some sort of primal scream (?) egging Gira to attack my friend further. Of course I ran away, but I heard the local sheriff was a fan of Swans, so he decided to help keep the murder quiet.
>>
le turn off air conditioning man
le step on fingers man
le play really loud man
>>
>be me at 11 years old (1987)
>my pa and I are going to go see "The Swans" live
>I go with thinking it's a ballet
>we get to the spot
>the band mates seem to all be there, they finish tuning
>they look towards backstage
>wild man in the nude arrives and picks up a guitar and mic
>MONEY IS FLESH!!
>everyone starts shredding...slowly
>it's deafening, don't remember much because I nearly passed out
>my pa is stripped naked at this point, as well
>halfway through I collapse
>wild man jumps down and rapes me like the feminist I am
>crowd hoops and hollers as band continues to play
>they feed me gasoline, human feces, etc
I never want to see The Swans again
>>
You are the one you have to worry about.
>>
>>71593314
Brno?
>>
Does Gira stay after the shows? Will he sign my copy of The Consumer? How much does vinyl go for at their merch booth?
>>
>>71593482
Yes he always stays. Dunno about the rest.
>>
>>71593482
I was just going to ask this question. I'm seeing them next week and would like to know merch prices (want to get a T-shirt/vinyl)
>>
>>71593550
Yeah, someone who saw them and bought something, how much did vinyl and a T-shirt cost?
>>
The only thing I could hear was Giras guitar turned up to 15
>>
>>71593242
Whatever you do, DO NOT make eye contact with Gira, at any point during the night

Good luck and be safe
>>
>>71593597
lol why? Even if I meet him after the show? Am I supposed to stare at the ground?
>>
>>71593607
Are you insane? Never address him directly. If you need to relay a message to him then get a friend to speak to a band member
>>
>>71593607
>>71593625
Pay no attention to this meme-loving fag, Gira is actually very approachable after shows. I got a pic with him, plus he signed my To Be Kind vinyl, he was very nice.
>>
>>71593631
That's really irresponsible, anon. You're probably one of these people who thinks it's funny to make people microwave their iPhone.

Not everything on the internet is a joke, you know
>>
>>71593467
yep, my hometown
>>
Seen them twice, 2014 and this year. Always wear earplugs! Not scary at all. But they played ~150 mins both times so don't drink too much beer. All merch was sold out this year.
>>
>>71593631
this is true too, he took selfies with people and signed vinyls. but he did that for like 10mins maybe and then left so u gotta be quick if you wanna get some.
>>
>go to a swans concert
>it's going great until the drummer drops a stick
>he gets the most terrified look in his eyes and immediately Gira stops playing
>we all know that drummer will not go home to his wife and kids tonight
>Gira tears off his shirt (probably so he doesn't have to take off his hat)
>he picks up the drummer's gear piece by piece and starts launching it into the audience
>people are screaming and trying to get out of the way
>a hi hat slices one man's neck, he dies
>after everything has been cleared Gira takes the microphone and starts beating the drummer
>he's making a rhythm
>"THIS IS HOW YOU KEEP TIME YOU FAILURE!"
>the band starts playing again, in time with Gira's brutality
>they're playing early swans now
>Gira only stops his bearings to scream things into the mic
>by the end of the show the man's body is nothing more than an un recognizable bloat of flesh on the stage
>After the show everybody acts like nothing happened
Wild. Would not recommend.
>>
>>71593242
Just don't headbang and you should probably be fine.
Also don't take out the earplugs. Sometimes they might be outrageously loud, sometimes not.
>>
>>71593859
>headbanging at a Swans show
I refuse to believe that actually happened in the recent years.
>>
>>71593895
Some people do it as a gag. Gira doesn't like that but doesn't flip out. He just points at you and says, "Hey...can you stop that, please? Thanks," and continues with the show.
>>
>>71593895
when i went to see them in 2014 there was this shirtless rail thin guy going ham at the front, like next level headbanging and or epileptic convulsions for 2 hours and gira invited him backstage at the end.
>>
>>71593773
>"THIS IS HOW YOU KEEP TIME YOU FAILURE!"
Lost it
>>
>>71593242
I've seen them three times. It's not that bad.
>>
>>71593773

>The drummer takes the mic, crying
>Through tears he says "Do you even love me, Michael?"
>Gira screams back while pounding away on the drums "NO"
>>
>>71593330
>current year
>>
guys, what about those prices of merch?
>>
>>71593378
>they haven't performed live since 2001

That's what you think.
>>
>>71594037
I bought TGM (double dics + DVD) for 15 bucks. Pretty good price imo. That's all I know.
>>
>>71594037
20-ish eurobucks for a tshirt. 15-20 eurobucks for cds. Dunno how much records go for, probably around 30.
>>
>>71594037
They may or may not adjust prices according to where they play. Might end up being cheaper in Kosice.
>>
>>71594114
So I guess we're talking about 15-20 eurobux for a vinyl? That'd be nice.
>>
>>71593482
gira generally stays after shows, talks to the fans freely etc. yes he will sign your shit
not sure about now, but vinyl prices were surprisingly good when I saw them in 2014
the concert was nice, but honestly gira solo with hahn as support was so much better, fucking 10/10 concert, especially since hahn has no solo studio material. everyone thought gira would be the main course but hahn was just as good, really.
>>
>>71594140
I wouldn't bet on it, but 20-25 is possible. Try messaging Tabacka, the merch stand might already be up.
>>
>>71594101
>>71594104
>>71594114
>>71594144
Ty guys! One final question before I go, do they take a credit card at the merch booth, or should I just take out cash to be safe?
>>
>>71594158
Probably cash only.
>>
>>71594162
Alright, thanks a lot, broski. Here I go to pop my Swans live cherry, wish me luck.
>>
>>71594176
Enjoy it.
I know I will.
>>
>>71593395
Ha yeah right
>>
File: 1489567835893.jpg (25KB, 427x429px) Image search: [Google]
1489567835893.jpg
25KB, 427x429px
>>71594158
>mobileposting
>>
>>71594158
Where the fuck are you, it's 11 a.m. they playing Europe?
>>
>>71593380
Michael Gira went on a raping spree including the girl in your pic so they had to make sure no one else saw it.
>>
File: 7ke195dg9gxhei07pis7d5qqb.jpg (175KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
7ke195dg9gxhei07pis7d5qqb.jpg
175KB, 1136x852px
Have missed their tour in my city...still regretting this.
>>
>>71593631
t. Gira
>>
>>71593278
Top 10 Scariest Albums of All Time!!!!!!!!
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.