[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just got a job dj'ing at my university's radio station.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

i just got a job dj'ing at my university's radio station. what am i in for /mu/? i go to a pretty big school but i imagine the audience still isnt that large because >radio
>>
its chill. i was a dj at my college too. have fun :)
>>
its fun. did that too :) the experience was great but the people i had to work with sucked. They wanted me to run a rap show. I was glad to until they told me i couldnt put any songs with sexual references on.....then i quit. good luck
>>
Depends on the university, I DJ'd at a small branch of Texas A&M and was super chill as nobody ever listened. Always fun digging up old rando's for a slow shift
>>
>>71588377
Michigan?
>>
>>71589027
close, michigan state
>>
>>71588377
spin some merzbow
>>
>>71589027
ayyy go blue
>>
Can be pretty dope if they let you play whatever you want (other than stuff that violates FCC regulations) like mine did. Some advice is that you should try to keep the banter to a minimum and focus on the music. A lot of other DJs at my station were really bad about rambling between songs and trying too hard to be funny. That shit was always annoying. Also definitely don't be afraid to play unusual music as long as it's still somewhat accessible.
>>
>>71588377
NEW ORDER IS YOUR FRIEND.
Need to run to the restroom?
Looks like it's time for some New Order.
>>
File: oh_my_fucking_god.jpg (75KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
oh_my_fucking_god.jpg
75KB, 816x816px
>>71588377
how did you fuck up
>greentext

nice dubs btw
>>
>>71588377
It's a good time. If you can do a specialty show about a genre you like it's even better. Just don't be shitty, comply with their requirements like reviewing music and playing charted stuff.

If you're actively involved you can get stuff you like charted so your required tracks aren't going to be a drag to play. I had both clipping releases, Wye Oak tween, Kishi Bashi, AT/ALL, and other actually good stuff in the top 30 at my college station last year so I gladdly played my required tracks. This years been pretty good as well. I'm working to get the Lift to Experience remix back into the charts so I have more shoegaze for my show.
>>71589053
I did this on my show a couple times. Live mixed his 2 disc collaboration with Boris and spun that record he made with Sun Ra tracks.
>>71589407
I second this post. I tried talking about mathrock like it was an educational show for a bit and I should have learned quicker that the show was suffering from only having a dozen tracks with a bunch of ranting that anyone into mathrock would already know.
>>
>>71589549
Also Siberian Breaks by MGMT. It's 12 minutes long but sounds like multiple distinct songs
>>
>>71588377
Pretty fuckin fun. I've been doing it since my freshman spring and they more or less let students do whatever they want here. Super small school though, so the kids who run it know a lot of the DJs and it's chill. if you have a co-host it's a great way to find new music too.

my first term doing it I had a slot from 3-5AM on Tuesdays. Right before finals I just played No Now by Clarence Clarity straight through twice while studying.

>>71589549
can confirm, I think I account for every play of Bizarre Love Triangle in the past 2 years
>>
hey op if I post some local bands/my friends' bands will you play them
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.