[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sole purpose of music, in it's purest essence, is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

The sole purpose of music, in it's purest essence, is the pursuit of beauty.

Do you agree or disagree?
>>
>>71581695
Disagree

the purpose of music can be anything, and it depends on some combination of what the artist hopes to achieve and what the listener hopes to realize. To say that there is a "sole purpose" in any essence is foolish.
>>
>>71581695
I don't know but I wanna do indescibable things to Joanna
>>
>>71581695
Disagree. The sole purpose of music is entertainment. "Ugly" music can be amazing, and entertaining.
>>
File: feelit.jpg (29KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
feelit.jpg
29KB, 500x369px
>>71581695
disagree
music is the expression of feelings through sound.
it can be ugly or beautiful.
>>
File: patient-resouces_clip_image.gif (36KB, 444x296px) Image search: [Google]
patient-resouces_clip_image.gif
36KB, 444x296px
>>71581695
The sole purpose of music is bringing entertainment through vibrations on your eardrums.
>>
File: 1487884199566.png (226KB, 493x498px) Image search: [Google]
1487884199566.png
226KB, 493x498px
>>71581777
>>71581837
>'entertainment'

Desecration of the arts should be a criminal offence.
>>
>>71581864
>'Desecration of the arts'

"Entertainment is a form of activity that holds the attention and interest of an audience, or gives pleasure and delight. It can be an idea or a task, but is more likely to be one of the activities or events that have developed over thousands of years specifically for the purpose of keeping an audience's attention."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment

SHIT I TOOK THE BAIT
>>
>>71581940
That's not what music is though. Music is the expression of feeling and thought. If you make music for the sole purpose of entertaining people you're basically just a pop musician
>>
>>71581940
The point is, if you take something that can enrich the soul and is as spiritually significant as music, and degrade to 'entertainment', a mere time-occupier or amusement, then you are doing the medium a huge disservice, and destroying it's reputation and in some cases, sacredness.
>>
File: tl-vertical_stack.jpg (23KB, 315x200px) Image search: [Google]
tl-vertical_stack.jpg
23KB, 315x200px
>>71581971
>implying that expressing feeling and thoughts is not a form of entertainment

Just try to think that if you're ocuppying your fckng mind with a task that's not surviving, you're being fucking entertained.

THAT'S SOME REALLY STREET NIGGA PHILOSOPHY HERE
>>
>>71581864
Some people aren't entertained by music.

When you listen to your favorite avant-garde composition, do you just sit there, waiting for it to be over? Or do you thoroughly enjoy it?
>>
>>71582479
>Some people aren't entertained by music.
"by pop music."
>>
>>71582479
I do not see it as entertainment, I see it as something greater.

Technically yes, I am entertained, but it's the evocation of inspiration and beauty which is why I listen.
>>
>>71581695
Replace "is" with "should be" and I agree. As you've written it, I agree with >>71581736
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.