[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Chameleons' drummer John Lever died yesterday. RIP to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: SotB.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
SotB.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
The Chameleons' drummer John Lever died yesterday.
RIP to an underrated drummer from an underrated band
>>
>>71574088
Most overrated post-punk album/band ever
>>
Noooooooo. I only listened to strange times, didn't like mad jack, but loved the rest. What should I listen to from them next?
>>
>>71574639
The debut
>>
>>71574088
That's too bad. I really like how most of the tracks on Script transition so well
>>
Now John and Tony can walk on water together
>>
CHAMA CHAMA CHAMA CHAMA CHAMA CHAMELEONS
>>
>>71575216
No.
>>
>>71574363
Try to find a better band than the chameleons in post punk besides the debut album of low life and joy division. Fuck you, it's really difficult.
>>71574088
That sucks. Chameleons is one of my favorite bands though.
>>
>>71574088
IT'S JUST A TRICK OF THE LIGHT
>>
just put this album on,
sad to hear this, I'll be sure to listen to his drumming today.
>>
>>71574363
I don't know if I'd say they are overrated, but I personally only love about an albums worth of songs from them. Those songs are pretty great though.
>>
THE STOOOOORM COMES
>>
>>71575234
The ex
The fall
Wire
>>
RIP :(

>>71575331
ONE COLD DAMP EVENING
THE WORLD STOOD STILL
>>
>>71576091
Those artists suck. They're not as somber.
>>
>>71576666
Dude, I like Chameleons too, but all of those bands are better. Wire arguably has better somber moments too, it doesn't come across as overblown as The Chameleons did.
>>
>>71574363
>Most overrated post-punk album/band
>not Gang of Four and Joy Division
>>
BROTHER CAN YOU HEAR MY VOICE?
>>
>>71577073
The difference is Gang of Four and JD both deserve praise. Chameleons don't
>>
>>71574088
i used to like them back in 2009 or so but they got stale pretty fast i thought. still sucks when people die though
>>
>>71576772
as much as i love the chameleons, have to admit this anon is right.
it's almost like new wave for people who listen to neo-prog
>>
>>71574639
At this time of mourning I can only say I hate you.
>>
>>71577325
>it's almost like new wave for people who listen to neo-prog

Not going to argue if you are right or wrong but it is interesting that you brought up prog. John Lever was such a fan of Phil Collins drumming for Genesis that he arranged his drum kit based off photos he could get of Phil. The funny part is that Phil Collins drummed left-handed and John Lever didn't know that until later.
>>
>>71577325
>neo-prog
How does this band sound similar to Marillion
>>
>>71574088
Is there any moody post punk that comes close to the Chameleons?
The only other band I can think of is Echo and the Bunnymen
>>
>>71577479
For Against
The Sound
Lowlife
>>
>>71577479
>The only other band I can think of is Echo and the Bunnymen

Sounds more like a Jojo reference than a /r/ecc.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.