[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every girl/woman I know around my age and younger likes Panic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3267.jpg (182KB, 491x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3267.jpg
182KB, 491x276px
Every girl/woman I know around my age and younger likes Panic at The Disco.

Is there a reason behind this?
>>
cause Bredan Urie's dreamy, pretty much no other reason.
>>
File: jesselacey.jpg (53KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
jesselacey.jpg
53KB, 500x334px
>>71572263
but jesse lacey is much dreamier
>>
>>71572137
Because he's got a great fucking voice and fever you can't sweat out was a straight panty dropper that was ACTUALLY good
>>
>>71572263
How is it been this way for so long?
>>
>>71572137
Cos he has a damn fine voice and it's feel good pop punk.
>>
>>71572400
Fever was a great album.

But I think we can all agree Pretty Odd was the emo Pet Sounds. I still fucking love it to this day. Nine in the Afternoon is the weakest track imo.
>>
Panic was the first band I got into to impress a girl
Wow this was literally ten years ago Jfc where did the years go
>>
>>71572593
unironically go back to lurking
>>
I CHIME IN WITH A
>>
>>71572608
;)
>>
>>71572593
Fever will go down as the popular classic but Pretty Odd will be remembered as the better album.
>>
>>71572593
emo pet sounds is definetly pushing it but it is a good album
>>
>>71572753
>>71572755

Are you guys being ironic? Their entire discography is a shit and uninspired
>>
>>71572593
Wary of the emo tag on that, but agree with everything else.
>>
>>71572786
Nah dude, being a young teen when Fever dropped, that shit was pretty dope. I can never hate Fever because of the nostalgia I have for its particular sound and the time that I associate with it.
>>
>>71572786
Fever is the Trout Mask Replica of emo
>>
>>71572786

No one's pretending they rewrote boyband power pop and made it revolutionary, but calling in uninspired is pretty weak and shows ignorance. A dance-pop inspired front end that slowly (and successfully) morphs into an even better vaudevillian back end, with incredible hooks? That's not uninspired. Solid songwriting throughout, too. All that with a hot frontman and the timing of it and you have well deserved success.
>>
>>71572755
I should have rephrased that.
It's nowhere near as good as Pet Sounds. Not even close.
But they tried so fucking hard to pull a Pet Sounds/Sgt Pepper out of their ass.

It was the Fueled by Ramen's attempt at Pet Sounds.

With that being said I'm not a fan after Ryan Ross and the other dude left.
>>
>>71572834
Yeah they really went downhill after that. Now they've actually achieved the generic pop trash label that critics slapped Fever with 10 years ago.
>>
>>71572841
Ryan Ross and the drummer actually started a new band (for 1 album) inspired by 60's pop.

Really wish they would have put out more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK_F0hzyqiY
>>
>>71572803
Making out in a car to Lying is the Most Fun definitely ranks high for high school memories.
>>
File: devgod500.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
devgod500.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>71572281
plus the good music
>>
>>71572884
Cute af tbqh
>>
Old Panic! were solid as fuck. Pretty Odd is a modern classic.

Death Of A Bachelor was pretty good too though, but not as great.
>>
>>71572891
Daisy is a superior album. Discuss.
>>
>>71572979
no /discussion

but Daisy, Noro, At The Bottom, Sink, and You Stole are great. The album is good, but not better than this.
>>
>>71572988
Daisy was sonically their most interesting/diverse and unique album. Devil has good songwriting chops and very memorable moments out of that, but musically, it's all about Daisy.

Listen to You Stole (and focus on the end) and tell me a single moment on Devil that rivals a song *heaving* like a breathing dying beast that personifies the anger the song has, while vocally never going above a whisper. Fucking awesome.
>>
>>71573024
Disagree entirely. Majority of Daisy's songs aren't really diverse or interesting with their sound. The ones that are seem to be generally weaker than the standard ones.

I like You Stole a lot, but it's pretty formulaic. TDAG isn't anything incredibly groundbreaking, but compare Limousine to any of the tracks on Daisy. It's just much grander in scale than anything Daisy attempts.
>>
>>71573065
Grandiose /= good (not that limousine ISNT good).

Daisy isn't supposed to be grand, it's lean. There's no fluff, every song knows when it's supposed to end.

Tbh I'm not seeing how you can call anything on Daisy formulaic, except at the bottom really. They bring a lot of actual noise into it, you have sonic youth influence and a real aggression that's not anywhere else in their discography. It's certainly the least butt rock for brand new so that's also a plus.
>>
>>71573112
I would say Sink, Gasoline, Bed, At The Bottom, Bought a Bride, In A Jar, and even You Stole to be very formulaic. The structure being the most obvious thing, but the sound very rarely strays from generic distortion to hollow echoes. I still like the album a lot, but tracks like Degausser, Luca, You Won't Know, and the instrumentals I would say all have more of a diverse approach and sound compared to Daisy. The title track is by far the best in my opinion.
>>
>>71573155
*i would say I find
>>
>>71573112
>>71573155
>>71573065
>>71573024
>>71572988
>>71572979

TD&G > Deja Entendu > 2006 Demos > Your Favorite Weapon >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daisy
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.