[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://pitchfork.com/features/profi le/10034-death-is-real-m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

File: PhilElverum_790x950.jpg (86KB, 790x950px) Image search: [Google]
PhilElverum_790x950.jpg
86KB, 790x950px
http://pitchfork.com/features/profile/10034-death-is-real-mount-eeries-phil-elverum-copes-with-unspeakable-tragedy/

well, this is fucking depressing
>>
guess he copes via photoshoots and interviews
>>
>>71561614
don't forget album sales :)
>>
He's promoting so he can get sales, so he can get money. He's going to need all the help he can get, children are expensive. Especially on a single income.
>>
Fuck this was one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever read. I love Phil so goddamn much
>>
File: 201662-phil-elverum-640x427.jpg (108KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
201662-phil-elverum-640x427.jpg
108KB, 640x427px
Gee Phil, maybe you should have gotten a real job and paid for her treatments. Otherwise you wouldn't be spreading her ashes and picking berries for her.
>>
Then
>how did she get cancer? we eat healthy, mostly vegetarian!!

Now
>we eat lots of meat, we given up after she died

really makes you think
>>
>>71561614
t. someone who has never lost someone close to them

>>71561629

>>71562335

>>71562436
>>
I would really feel uncomfortable if he showed me all of her personal stuff. It's not something I feel like I should be looking at. Really shocking of Phil considering how much he values privacy
>>
>>71562557
Death is real, it shatters you. He's clearly trying to deal with it rather than curl into a ball and wallow in his sadness. He may be public but you can tell he's really hurting inside.
>>
>>71562557
Yeah that was pretty unexpected. I'd be fucking tearing up every couple minutes if I was that interviewer. Some of the shit he was just casually dropping was so damn heavy, like how would you respond to any of that?
>>
>>71562497
Yeah the compete lack of empathy found in these people is pretty fucking astounding. Like yeah, I'm sure it's steeped in some level of irony but Jesus Christ they don't stop. Some day they're going to lose someone they love very dearly and it's going to destroy them
>>
I like how this article dances between really dark and light at times. I guess this is Phil's first 'real' exposure after the death of Genevieve.

He actually did that interview with that younger guy who has a college radio show back in February which I enjoyed here's the link to that
https://soundcloud.com/brett-hanley-510812055

This was Phil's first actual return to interviews I think
>>
Not actually insulting Phil and Genevieve seriously. I just think death should be a private thing and shouldn't be trotted out like a showhorse. The whole thing makes me nearly as uncomfortable as the time Courtney Love decided to make an extra million or two selling Cobain's journals. I get that Phil needs the exposure now though. Maybe it is a little different, but it still feels off.
>>
>>71561453
Bless him for coping like this. For those of us who have lost people very close to us in our lives, it fucks you up inside and out. Speaking from experience, it wasn't easy for him to do this interview.

>>71562828
It's not about you and your comfort zones, idiot. If anything, we should be more open about shit like this instead of hiding it away inside of us. Catharsis is the word here, look it up.
>>
File: Damn Right.jpg (57KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Damn Right.jpg
57KB, 500x667px
Now Phil gets to cum in all that emotive girl pussy as much as he wants.
>>
File: MarksMyFriend.png (672KB, 601x625px) Image search: [Google]
MarksMyFriend.png
672KB, 601x625px
>>71562828
You can thank this man for memeing death to get get music relevancy again
>>
>>71562854

Go fuck yourself, white knight. I'm sure Phil needs you jerking him off on your behalf.

You know what? Genevieve deserved every moment of misery she suffered through. There. Go cry over that for him.
>>
>>71562883
not very socially bright, huh?
>>
>>71562909
>an actual person wasted their actual time to prove nothing
Find more productive ways to spend your time. I'm going to go read a book. Maybe you should to.
>>
>>71562909
>is wrong
>gets told why he's wrong
>gets angry

You are emotionally a child.
>>
File: Me and my GF.jpg (50KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Me and my GF.jpg
50KB, 720x960px
>>71562911
Nah it's not like that man, i just love posting mark pictures
>>
>>71562909

his* whatever. She's still a pile of ashes.
>>
>>71562711
death is freedom
>>
>>71562828
lol, have you even listened to Real Death? Also, you can't tell someone how to cope with a tragic loss.
>>
>>71562953
it can be, for terminally ill people and the like. but if you're here on 4chan, there's probably a lot you can do about whatever situation you're in.
>>
>>71562982
don't tell me how to feel faggot
>>
File: 223.jpg (54KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
54KB, 720x960px
>>71563000
>>
>>71562909
why are you being such an edgelord right now family.
>>
>>71562909
Asperger's syndrome
>>
>>71562909
show some fucking respect, ok?
who hurt you? had a bad day? that doesnt mean you can be this much of a fucking asshole
>>
>a mom dies of cancer
>unspeakable tragedy

pretty sure i don't need to read this nonsense
>>
>>71562909

Are your parents proud of you

Did you think you'd be like this when you were a kid
>>
>>71563127
What are you on about you cozy teenager
>>
File: 1485210644899.jpg (17KB, 621x96px) Image search: [Google]
1485210644899.jpg
17KB, 621x96px
>>71563252
wahhhh my wife died even though more serious matters are going on in the world
pls buy my album
when will this meme stop.
>>
This is probably gonna sound really insensitive in light of the heaviness of Phil's situation/this article/everything, but I'm kinda bummed he won't be able to record in that huge church after he moves. The sound really resonates (see what I did) with his work.
>>
>Yeah this is a very sad time for my life
*poses for the camera*
>I'm like really really sad and stuff
*looks through a window very solemnly for the photographer*
>I am sad right now please buy my new album or my daughter might starve and it will be YOUR fault
*collects big fat check from p4k*
>>
>>71563292
So Phil should just lock every feeling up? Like "oh my wife died, oh well better keep my mouth shut"
That doesn't seem healthy or reasonable.
>>
>>71563388
>That doesn't seem healthy or reasonable.
are you a doctor now?
>>
>>71563402
>implying you have to be a doctor to know that it isn't healthy to bottle deep emotions up

Way to out yourself as an inexperienced teen.
>>
>>71563465
im 24 and lost both my grandparents in a violent car crash
try again.
>>
>>71563486
Well you clearly didn't learn much then.
>>
>>71563494
t. inexperienced teenager
>>
>>71563508
Good rebuttal. Try some introspection for once.
>>
>>71563530
I was going to suggest you the same
>>
>>71563486
>>71563486
I'm glad your old piece of shit relatives are dead
>>
>>71563563
having a bad day bud?
>>
>>71563508
I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I?
Okay pee wee, enough memeing for today. Go hug your loved ones.
>>
>>71563595
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aztAHgOkSiI
>>
People talk about Phil Elverum. What the FUCK has he ever done except watch his wife fuckin' die and write an album about it?
>>
>>71563638
he shit his pants one time
>>
>>71563638
he made the elephant album
>>
>>71563638
the glow pt 2
>>
>>71563638
camping with no________________
>>
>>71563382
i dont agree at all but i laughed
>>
File: 14660034736745.gif (510KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
14660034736745.gif
510KB, 700x827px
>>71563292
"Instead of mourning the death of my best friend and deeply emotional counterpart that defines love to me, I'm going to whine about matters happening around the world that are much bigger in scale and I can do nothing about."
You're a fucking genius anon. Why feel human emotion for someone who we held closely when we can whine about trump or other assorted political bullshit. Of course, seeing that you go around posting shit like that, you wouldn't know knowledge what it's like to love behind the bright screen of your alienware™ gaming pc that you bought with your father's hard earned money and 7 tb worth of hentai webms filling the absolute darkness you're sitting in everlastingly, would you anon?
>>
>>71563746
this reeks of virginity
>>
i hate this thread
>>
This may sound ignorant but do artists really get paid by pitchfork or any other publications for appearing in articles or whatever?
>>
>>71563782
no
but they discover how they can help him market his upcoming BNM
>>
>>71563615
The same note, over and over again.
I'll have to devote some time to this video, thanks
>>
>>71563746
are you ok
>>
>>71563765
4chan made more than a hundred people off themselves so this should be expected i guess
>>
>>71563765
me 2
>>
kind of find it weird that he is pushing it so hard, almost like he just wants the publicity
>>
you people are awful. there's some brightness in this thread but you are mostly pathetic.
>>
>>71563914

WRITTEN AND RECORDED
August 31st to Dec. 6th, 2016 in the same room where Geneviève died, using mostly her instruments, her guitar, her bass, her pick, her amp, her old family accordion, writing the words on her paper, looking out the same window.
Why share this much? Why open up like this? Why tell you, stranger, about these personal moments, the devastation and the hanging love? Our little family bubble was so sacred for so long. We carefully held it behind a curtain of privacy when we’d go out and do our art and music selves, too special to share, especially in our hyper-shared imbalanced times. Then we had a baby and this barrier felt even more important. (I still don’t want to tell you our daughter’s name.) Then in May 2015 they told us Geneviève had a surprise bad cancer, advanced pancreatic, and the ground opened up. What matters now? we thought. Then on July 9th 2016 she died at home and I belonged to nobody anymore. My internal moments felt like public property. The idea that I could have a self or personal preferences or songs eroded down into an absurd old idea leftover from a more self-indulgent time before I was a hospital-driver, a caregiver, a child-raiser, a griever. I am open now, and these songs poured out quickly in the fall, watching the days grey over and watching the neighbors across the alley tear down and rebuild their house. I make these songs and put them out into the world just to multiply my voice saying that I love her. I want it known.
"Death Is Real" could be the name of this album. These cold mechanics of sickness and loss are real and inescapable, and can bring an alienating, detached sharpness. But it is not the thing I want to remember. A crow did look at me. There is an echo of Geneviève that still rings, a reminder of the love and infinity beneath all of this obliteration. That’s why.

- Phil Elverum

just read this and then shut up
>>
>>71563765
me too

:(
>>
>>71564005
thx for the tears
>>
>>71563914
This, he seems very inauthentic about it
Then I realize he probably has no choice but to push it, because it gets him money for him and his kid. But everyone still eats it up.
>>
jesus christ this thread is edgy. ya'll are supposed to be 18 right?
>>
>>71563846
only a hundred?

fucking newfag slackers
>>
>>71563638
Ocean Roar, Wind's Poem and Clear Moon
>>
>>71563764
kek, this
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.