[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you're 30 and at an underground "rehearsal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: oldfeel.png (33KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
oldfeel.png
33KB, 633x758px
>tfw you're 30 and at an underground "rehearsal space" show and the only people your age are the performers and another couple, who just look sad and desperate to hold onto their fleeting youth.
>tfw you are so tired you leave before the band you came to see even came on
>>
>30 years old
>on /mu/

You do realize most of this board are literally half your age, right? It's time to find some better hobbies, grandpa.
>>
This exact feel except when I saw Mac DeMarco when I was 25 last year and was literally surrounded by kids
>>
>>71550242
I don't come by often, I came back to share a music-related feel... I miss the auhgts feels threads, kid.
>>
>>71550242
No, we need more mature posters.
Memes are cool and all, but you kids are fucking plebs nowadays.
>>
>tfw you go to any type of show alone

gets depressing after a while
>>
File: 1467692341781.jpg (46KB, 599x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467692341781.jpg
46KB, 599x800px
>>71550242

you do realize that you're talking out of your ass and are completely wrong, don't you?

i'm 29 and have been here for a decade, myself. what part of YOU ARE HERE FOREVER don't you understand?

this is one of the biggest and most immediately entertaining sites on the whole internet. literally. you may take a break for a while or a very long while but you will always be back eventually as long as it's up.
>>
>>71550340
I've had nothing but good experiences so far.

How long before it became depressing?
>>
>>71550369
All of this. Every word is true. 32 checking in.
>>
>>71550369
What's it been like seeing this board slowly deteriorate in quality?
>>
>>71550340
i went to afropunk by myself but i felt threatened so i went home.
>>
File: abstract-kind-of-feel.jpg (144KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
abstract-kind-of-feel.jpg
144KB, 854x859px
OP here... coming clean about leaving a detail or so out... DESU, as sad as other people were, the real reason I left early was because my wife was the one who just couldn't hold out and make it til the band we came to see. I was down, but I saw her struggling to keep her eyes open, and took one for our team, and said "hey, babe, let's just call it a night" at 11pm.

I just didn't want you guys shitting on her.
>>
>>71550513
well consider her shat on buddy boy
>>
>>71550466

these days i honestly have really well-developed taste in art across the board (music/film/literature) so i don't come here for anything like that. kids are annoying but time marches on and you need to relax and go with the flow.

pining for the days of old and raging over the current state of things just makes you a stick in the mud. little shits will always ruin everything but then i was also a little shit once so you need to shrug it off and just have fun and a bit of a bant where you see the opportunity arise.
>>
>>71550544

Yeah, I knew it was inevitable... but she has come a long way... when we met over 10 years ago, she was an absolute pleb. The fact that she even agreed to go to a show like this floored me, and even was more shocking that she loved the opener, who was pretty out there, avant garde fare.

It was all time/focus energy for her (she's pretty introverted enough), so I am proud she made it 3 hours at an underground show her first time out. It just sucks she had to throw in the towel before the band she really wanted to see.
>>
File: goodhumor.jpg (15KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
goodhumor.jpg
15KB, 214x317px
>>71550610
cont'd... that's the funny thing, despite my issues with more run-of-the-mill depression/anxiety, my wife is the one with way more items checked off on the "spectrum checklist", yet I'm the fucking channer of the two of us.

>pic related, it's the fucking autist genius she thinks is the second most influential musical artist of the modern era
>>
>>71550680

>despite my issues with more run-of-the-mill depression/anxiety

If you have a wife you a basically a normie in comparison to most anon. What you think is a woe is me post actually reads like a humble brag. That is 4chan.
>>
File: 1352773562374.jpg (318KB, 1102x967px) Image search: [Google]
1352773562374.jpg
318KB, 1102x967px
>>71550740
Did I not classify it as run of the mill?

I know I am essentially a normie, but there is a reason I feel comfortable here. I'm still not 100% of that world.

My point was that the fucked up thing is that I'm a bigger normie than my wife, but I'm the one who is stuck here forever. It's an odd paradox.
>>
>>71550821

Alright alright calm your spectrum I am just saying that comparatively you're actually doing pretty well. If anything you should be happy about that.
>>
>>71550872
>>71550740
I'm not OP and this is not how depression works.

Having a wife doesn't fix a chemical imbalance in your brain.
>>
>>71550963

Fuck off idiot I know I am probably even worse than he is on that front. That wasn't what I was saying at all.
>>
>>71550963
OP here, that is also an important point.

Also, people seem to fail to realize that people with similar imalinces tend to seek one another out for mutual support.

While a lot of the time, in the end we are stronger for banding together and being able to empathize more directly, there are unique times where our issues don't mesh and we may set each other off and have to look out for that.
>>
>>71550413
after long enough that you start seeing the same groups of people there, happy together.
>>
>>71550369
> what part of YOU ARE HERE FOREVER don't you understand?
The part about not being a massive loser. I have a few friends who ended up being pretty successful in life, and even though they were regulars here when they were younger, they've completely moved on. I'm the only one of them that still comes here, and that's because I've failed at a lot of my ambitions. I hope you realize that nobody doing particularly well in life needs to rely on this shithole like the rest of us.
>>
>>71552113

>this loser is trying to talk to me

ewww gross.

but yeah yr not wrong lol i know. SUCH IS LIFE for us Special Boys.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.