[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna listen to Bjork for the first time. what should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: Bj-rk-bjork-20245913-486-718.jpg (39KB, 486x718px) Image search: [Google]
Bj-rk-bjork-20245913-486-718.jpg
39KB, 486x718px
I'm gonna listen to Bjork for the first time. what should I expect? What should I avoid?
>>
her voice is kinda weird don't expect to like it immediately
what album are you starting with?
>>
File: 5342845845.jpg (220KB, 1019x1600px) Image search: [Google]
5342845845.jpg
220KB, 1019x1600px
>>71549872
>>
>>71549872
Expect to cry.

I don't even like that type of music, and I'll go years without crying. I tried listening to "I remember you" after I saw that video of the dude shooting himself while listening to it.

Half way through I started tearing up and had to turn it off. Fucking beautiful voice and beautiful harp playing. I just can't listen to it more than like once every six months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykaj8oZkIeM
>>
>>71549935
This. I hated her at first but now she's my favorite musician. Just start chronologically, OP.
>>
>>71549965
looks like the bjork internet defense force got here earlier than usual. nice work.
>>
File: Bjork.jpg (58KB, 400x593px) Image search: [Google]
Bjork.jpg
58KB, 400x593px
Post is the most 90s thing ever
>>
File: 1463253431969.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463253431969.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
here's a tip: don't be a silly albumbabby; go listen to the greatest hits album, it's a terrific primer, and you get a great overview of all the different styles she's tried out (up to that point)

thank me later
>>
File: bjork2.png (2MB, 1932x1440px) Image search: [Google]
bjork2.png
2MB, 1932x1440px
>>71549965
SERIOUSLY

I've never had a song fuck with me more. I watched all 21 hours of tapes - for it all to end with that line (pic related)... Incomprehensibly brutal.
>>
>what should I expect?

Whale song.
>>
>>71550082
I never bothered listening to Bjork until I saw that clip of him shooting himself. Then I was like "Holy shit this guy died to a song by Bjork, I should look it up". I was excepting it to be some weird horrible bullshit.

Instantly teary eyed when listening to it. I haven't even bothered looking up the rest of Bjork's music because I don't know if theres more shit that will make me teary eyed.

>all 21 hours

Lol what was that like? I saw a short compilation clip and the dude was clearly out of his mind
>>
>>71550021
i suppose but half the fun of bjork is the fact that no album is alike so if you weren't a fan of a particular style she probably has something else you might enjoy
>>
File: bjork.png (1MB, 976x936px) Image search: [Google]
bjork.png
1MB, 976x936px
>>71550186
>Lol what was that like?

It's the most fascinating thing I've ever seen. Most of it is just dragging, but when Lopez talks, he's so taken by psychosis and infatuation.

The thing is, every once in a while he says something you can actually relate to.

I really can't describe it all. Even now, my head hurts.

I can't imagine what it'd be like if he was alive now.
>>
>>71550349
Did he truly have psychosis? Or was he just LARPing?

I've seen compilation vids of him, he just looked really angry. He even seemed like he had a sense of humor.
>>
>>71550675
Oh yeah he told jokes in a few occasions. But he was so obsessed with Bork that he lost sense of the world.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.