[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The poem/monologue at the end of Faith, Torn Apart is probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: xiu xiu forget.jpg (83KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
xiu xiu forget.jpg
83KB, 1000x1000px
The poem/monologue at the end of Faith, Torn Apart is probably the most a Xiu Xiu track has ever affected me emotionally, especially with its context in mind. It had me covering my mouth throughout the entire thing and kind of left me a bit torn up after it was over. This album is an instant classic to me.

What do you think about Forget, /mu/?
>>
>>71539449
>especially with its context in mind
what context?
>>
>>71539502
it abt lgbt u gay
i like it op
>>
>>71539449
It's the best release from this year so far, but it is only a 6/10. I liked certain tracks on it, that one included
>>
>>71539502
Jamie Stewart saw a teenage girl being sold on a sex-trafficking section of a Craigslist-like website. He wrote a poem based off of what her profile looked like and had Vaginal Davis read it out loud.

It's basically about a 13-year-old girl being sold for sex on the internet. It's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>71539449
>my dead-end childhood is just beginning
the line that made me tear up a bit
>>
>>71539607
he actually wrote one line for every girl he saw, but you had the general idea
>>
>>71539872
That's so much worse. There are so many lines in that poem.
>>
Faith, Torn Apart is a great song, interesting idea.
I found the rest of the album to be a little more accessible than the rest of Xiu Xiu's stuff, but it didn't bring down the quality of the album. AOTYSF.
>High points
Forget
Jenny GoGo
Queen of the Losers
Get Up
>Low points (Which are still decent)
Petite
Hay Choco Bananas
8.5/10
>>
good album
>>
>>71540878
That's weird, I love petite and choco bananas, could do without jenny gogo and queen of the losers. Get up, Wondering, and The Call are all awesome.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.