[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Robert Fripp ever going to get his arse in gear and have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: radical action.jpg (39KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
radical action.jpg
39KB, 500x507px
Is Robert Fripp ever going to get his arse in gear and have the current, surprisingly decent Crimson lineup make a new studio album? Power to Believe wasn't too bad, but it's no place to stop a discography as brilliant as KC's. I've got Radical Action (ALL RECEIPTS ACCOUNTED FOR BOB) and it's very good, but it would be such a crying waste for this lineup to only ever be remembered as a technically gifted tribute band.

For those who haven't seen them in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhKJgqxNDD8

Don't tell me this group aren't capable of making new music.
>>
File: CMbTophU8AE3TiC.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CMbTophU8AE3TiC.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
>>71535674
bumping with slightly rare Fripp
>>
File: Robert Tips.jpg (163KB, 594x594px) Image search: [Google]
Robert Tips.jpg
163KB, 594x594px
I think he's said he's doing a 12 inch single later this year, so it wouldn't surprise me if an album follows
>>
>>71535674
They have released thirteen albums since the 60's with more classics than non-classics in their discography. Are you really complaining that they're not releasing new music just because their last release wasn't all that crash hot?

OP was spoiled as a kid
>>
>>71535674
Power to Believe was pretty fucking great desu. So was Scarcity of Miracles, if you want to count that one.

Anyhow, I thought Radical Action encapsulated pretty well what the line-up was about. I've seen them live and I don't see what a studio recording could add to the material.
KC live albums tend to outshine their studio counterparts for most eras, anyway.
>>
File: jagger and richards.jpg (52KB, 477x468px) Image search: [Google]
jagger and richards.jpg
52KB, 477x468px
>>71535973
No, I'm complaining because their last release was *14* years ago, and they currently have a very good lineup. I actually quite like Power to Believe, it's better than the three albums that preceded it.

You are right that they have more classics than non-classics in their discography, though.
>>
>>71536002
I do think that there is a certain vitality that is brought to a group by creating and recording new material, it's something that I found myself in the brief time that I played in a jazz band. Interpreting standards (which is what the KC back catalogue might as well be) can be very rewarding, but it really helps the synergy of a group of players to feel that they have ownership over their own material, and contributed to its creation and not just its interpretation.

A live album would also be acceptable, it needn't necessarily be studio if that poses logistical challenges, but I really want to see "progressive" music that incorporates some of the production and instrumental advances of the last twenty years or so, in the way that past Crimsons have done.
>>
File: fripptoyah.jpg (15KB, 236x293px) Image search: [Google]
fripptoyah.jpg
15KB, 236x293px
>>71535894
>m'lady
>>
>>71536101
toyah was such a miserable try hard talentless hack why would he marry her? why? is it because he couldn't have kate bush?
>>
File: peter rabbit.png (101KB, 319x420px) Image search: [Google]
peter rabbit.png
101KB, 319x420px
>>71536122
Opposites attract, my friend. Although I think the real reason is that despite the fact that she was a punk rocker and he wrote jagged horror music in 13/8 time, all both of them ever really wanted was to live out a Beatrix Potter lifestyle of pastoral bliss, and they have the funds to do so. I say good luck to them.
>>
>>71536156
well why rape deaf children then? beatrix potter didn't write about that
damn
>>
>>71536319
A long time since this has been posted here
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.