[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw /onlymelodicmusic/ fag I hate atonal music, I cant stand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1488239298050.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
1488239298050.png
227KB, 635x661px
>tfw /onlymelodicmusic/ fag

I hate atonal music, I cant stand metal, industrial, most of post-punk, most of hiphop, I don't like Swans, Coil, Death Grips, Aesop Rock, Les Rallizes Denudes ,etc

I love Alesana, Crimson Glory, Shadow Gallery, Iron Maiden, Chopin, Satie, Ludovico Einaudi, MeW, Everything Everything, Fishmans, Cardiacs, a lot of power ballads, Kpop, Jpop, Visual Key, italo disco, some buttrock, zolo music, vaporwave, denpa, J-core, etc.

how do I into atonal music?
I like Joy Division tho, even songs like Colony and Atrocity Exibition who are pretty unmelodic but somehow are my favourites,
were do I go from there?
>>
File: Spongebob_Free_Form_Jazz.png (157KB, 428x343px) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob_Free_Form_Jazz.png
157KB, 428x343px
Think about how much your life sucks, how much people suck, and how much the world sucks.

Also
>Cardiacs
looks like I'm responding to a troll post
>>
you're going the wrong direction. the path to head in is hypermelodica

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmo1kavlMDQ
>>
>>71532585
why trolling? Cardiacs it's a sugar infection of melodies, have yoy ever listened to Heaven born and ever bright? they and Sparks/Bowie are one of the reasons why Im addicted ti only melodic music
>>
>>71532536
talking heads
>>
>>71532536
I basically entered Noise Rock through harsher Nirvana songs like Paper Cuts and Jam, also you should try listening to what is basically noise-lite with more popular Sonic Youth songs.
I think the best thing to do would be to focus on the rhythmic aspect of all these genres instead of looking for a melody, listen as if you were dancing to the song instead of looking for something beautiful.
>>
>>71532806
doesnt the first 3 Sy albums can be considered atonal music? I do like a couple of songs from their first ones like Protect me and Shadow of a doubt, also from the Fall(Damo Suzuki, Winter 2) and Crass( Walls, Owe us a living) but Id like to understand Swans and Coil type of music, should I try NiN? Unwound?
>>
It's funny, I'm kind of the same. I love all the music you also like and usually hate atonal shit. I say it's perfectly fine, you enjoy listening to pretty stuff because that's what you want in your life. (I know that sounds gay but think about it, is it true you look for the pretty side of life and avoid the ugly?)
>>
>>71532974
NiN and Unwound are pretty nice if you haven't listened to them yet, The Downward Spiral is pretty essential and most songs have some kind of melody. I haven't heard much Unwound but this song alone made me love them, but it isn't exactly atonal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WilH0XISBUQ

I haven't heard Coil though so I couldn't tell you about that, but yeah I would try listening to songs by artists you already like that contain atonal aesthetics.
>>
>>71532536
Man I hate pictures like this.

Why do you guys wallow in your misery

Don't you want to climb out of it and live a fulfilling life?
>>
>>71533066
im really good as I am, even if edgy and pop stuff are normally bullied here, but im studying music theory and Im the only one who cant understand the difference between atonal melodies, is the same metallic echoe for me, also being too much time in this board growed on me curiosity for liking stuff like Throbbing Gistle and Sun 0)))
>>
>>71533113
Unwound sounds actually a lot of better than I expected, ill try NIN too even when Im not interested on industrial metal, thank you anon
>>
>>71532536
>can't stand metal
>I love Shadow Gallery

Confirmed for troll
>>
File: 1213544.jpg (11KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1213544.jpg
11KB, 150x150px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHe9NpYbQw
>>
>>71533147
if you think wanting it is the problem you need to leave
>>
>>71533147
na
>>
>>71532536
What about early 90s swans
>>
>>71532639
That's interesting to say the least. Cool share.
>>
>>71533147
>>>>/normieville/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.