[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you start making your own music do you just take a shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: gggg.jpg (321KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
gggg.jpg
321KB, 936x936px
How do you start making your own music
do you just take a shit on a keyboard until it sounds good? I don't understand
>>
>>71522520
If you don't know music theory then yeah, that's what it's pretty much like.
>>
how the fuck do I produce music DAWs are so expensive and daunting

I knew how to compose music when I was 5 or 6, but I can't do anything now.
>>
>>71522520
just express your feelings and visions in sound
>>
>>71522648
i "learned" theory from http://www.musictheory.net/lessons and i still just take shit on the piano roll until it sounds good (which is very rare)

what the FUCK am i doing wrong
>>
>>71522676
you yell bad words even in text? you're a cool dude
>>
>>71522673
pirate one and learn music theory, if you you're just making music as a hobby no one cares that you're using pirated shit. if you want to make it career then buy it.
get cheap ass midi keyboard
>>
just practice and look up some tabs on the internet nigger
>>
>>71522674
>just express your feelings and visions in sound
what am i gay?
>>
take drugs and swallow cock
>>
>>71522704
good communication skills, desu - he made you know exactly HOW he said what he...said ;)
>>
>>71522759
you sound drunk anon
>>
>>71522809
Hello Claire!
>>
>>71522789
No, anhedonic or born sociopathically retarded.
>>
>>71522849
i'm watching you
>>
>>71522759
I want to make it a career. If I buy a DAW and a MIDI keyboard I feel like I'm gonna get overwhelmed and quit, and I have no money, I can't find a job.
>>
>>71522876
speak for yourself
>>
>>71522648

All the best music I make comes from not thinking. It's like speaking in tounges
>>
File: mel6.gif (3KB, 440x130px) Image search: [Google]
mel6.gif
3KB, 440x130px
>>71522676
What I would say is the main mistake that beginners (and sadly tons and tons of professionals) make is lack of a clear direction, so you end up with meandering notes and chords that go nowhere. A good melody is one that knows in which direction it's headed. The same goes with harmonic progressions as well, but that takes a bit more explaining.
>>
>>71522520
First you need to be able to play an instrument. You will learn music theory along the way. A good teacher will teach you the basics of composition.
Composing without ability to play nor knowledge of composition is never a good idea. It will take more time to do so than if you new music theory, and it will do nothing to further your musical skills.
>>
>>71522942
Enjoy being a subhuman.
>>
>>71523121
i never did anything wrong
>>
>>71523203
You're replying to bait.
>>
>>71523121
anon that hurts
>>
>>71523240
what the fuck is your problem
>>
Youtube is your friend
>>
>>71522520
you're a fucking retard.

>>71522785
is the only person who is right here. the rest of you should drink a bleach cocktail.
>>
>>71522929
just pirate one and if you ever have enough cash buy it, not like anyones gonna find out
>>
>>71522520
all you need to understand is key. if something is out of key, it is not musical. aside from that, it is mostly practice and making songs over and over again.
>>
>>71523731
>I don't understand anything other than key therefore it's the only thing that's important
There plenty of ways to make things sound MORE musical by including notes from other keys. Diminished chords, secondary dominants, major/minor chord substitutions etc.
>>
>>71523663
see >>71522809
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.