[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the last king gizzard and the lizard wizard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: a2731568276_10.jpg (377KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2731568276_10.jpg
377KB, 1200x1200px
What do you think of the last king gizzard and the lizard wizard album? And are there some groups similar to kgatlw?
>>
>>71519584
Didn't listen.
>>
>>71519584
it was bad, just noise, unenjoyable. there probably are, but why would you do that to yourself? just listen to black sabbath, unless you like the noise/chaos then you do you bb
>>
>>71519584
DUDE MICROTONAL WITH NO GOOD SONGWRITING TO BACK IT UP
WHATSOEVER LMAO
>>
Fucking awful. Why do people talk about this band so much.
>>
>>71519584
almost as good as Nonagon t b h

>some groups similar to kgatlw?
nope
nobody is as crazy as KG&TLW
>>
>>71519584
The idea of using microtonal tunings is interesting but unfortunately their songwriting isn't
They just hop onto ideas so flippantly and don't even think about what they are doing. They just look at an idea, think it's cool do a formulaic album with it and jump onto the next idea
Apart from that it was semi-enjoyable but the unfulfilled potential pisses me off

>>71519664
>just listen to black sabbath
What the fuck are you talking about? You obviously know fuck all about music if you think black sabbath is noisey, chaotic or comparable to king gizzard.
>>
>>71519584
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xgwgDlQfZQ
>>
>>71519951
Ah no I meant, if you like King Gizzard you should do yourself a favor and listen to black sabbath because imo they have similar sounds but Black Sabbath is sooo much better and leagues ahead of King Gizzard.
>>
I was expecting more from this release at the fact that it was saposed to micro tone music but listen to it in was disappointed
>>
>>71520049
Ah shit, sorry man. But still I'm not sure king giz are similar to sabbath. They are more close to thee oh sees and ty segall
>>
>>71520104
I think you could make a case for all of those bands and it wouldn't be wrong. I'm in your mind fuzz, nonagon infinity, and this are very sabbath-y but yeah ty segall and thee oh sees are very fair comparisons too which is funny because I like BS, TY and Thee Oh Sees and when i heard KG i was really excited but all their releases have been meh apart from im in your mind fuzz.
>>
>>71519951
doom city is very black sabbath
>>
It was okay
>>
I thought it was alright on the first listen. After more listens I think it is great.
>>
>>71519643
why are you here
>>
>>71519584
People here won't like it because they dismiss anything that tries to be different.
>>
above average thee oh cees cover band
inb4 someone posts the one where they decided to knock off the apples in stereo instead
>>
>>71520710
>tries to be different
8/10 bait
>>
>>71520710
>implying it's different
>implying it has good songwriting
>implying /mu/ won't appreciate something that's really different

What did he mean by this?
>>
I've given it a few listens and I thought it was quite good. Melting is a cool track
>>
>>71519664
>both bands have a big bass
>dude they sound exactly the same lmao
neo-/mu/ everyone...
>>
>>71520738
>the one where they decided to knock off the apples in stereo instead
NAILED IT
https://youtu.be/GGO8g-njNpA
>>
>>71521273
Read the convo i had with the other reply..ive been here for awhile, your reading skills tho..not good
>>
Good album, but nothing really special tbqh
>>
It's fucking shit
>>
File: folder.jpg (149KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
149KB, 800x800px
it's sad that The Coral is never mentioned in those threads: their 1st album was wild & close to the recent King Gizzard releases I M O.
https://youtu.be/V6kBdTZdfhY
>>
>>71520738
how do you find every single thread?
>>
>>71523075
im enjoying this, thanks anon
>>
Kgatlw is a good band.
I don't think they have a song that stands out and makes me especially interested, but I really like everything they've put out. Usually I'll throw on a few of their albums while I'm playing video games or at work or something. It's mostly background noise but it's good enough that when I tune in I can find something I really like. The same goes with all of the music like them (Thee Oh Sees, Ty Segall, Dumbo Gets Mad)
>>
>>71523437
listen to more ty segall he has the most depth out of all of the bands you listed
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.