[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who came to appreciate this album? I considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 6698e088.jpg (43KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
6698e088.jpg
43KB, 608x608px
Am I the only one who came to appreciate this album? I considered it to be one of their weakest but I have been listening to it non stop lately. The barebones production is refreshing compared to their other albums and the thread of paranoia and surveillance only becomes more relevant the older the album gets.
>>
ive always thought of it as having the most consistent theme and concept compared to their other albums

the whole schizoid, paranoia, and government surveillance theme is strong throughout the whole album, and the sonic ideas they had for this are very well executed. some of flatlanders best work in on this album and zachs drumming is top notch as always. i also think mc ride's best vocal performance in their entire discography is on come up and get me.

theres also some serious bangers like hunger games, black dice, and pop as well

IMO its their second best after government plates
>>
>>71517320
its their best and everybody knows it
>>
>>71517320
It's perhaps my favorite from their disco and I loved every second of it, even though it had some weaker tracks like Pop and the title one. It was filled with great ones (Stockton, Bass Rattles Stars Out The Sky, Come Up And Get Me, Lil Boy, No Love, World Of Dogs, Hunger Games) and I quite liked the paranoid, almost schizophrenic vibe it gives you.

>Am I the only one who
No, you're not. You're not some special snowflake, since there are over 7 billion people living on this planet and you're not the only one in anything, let alone appreciating a DG record.
>>
NLDW >> NotM >>>>>>> Government Plates > all the worthless garbage they made aside
>>
>>71517680
>all the worthless garbage they made aside
That's bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>71517680

I can tell that you've just recently started listening to DG. I was in that phase too.
>>
>>71517708
i used to like Exmilitary and TMS when i started listening to them actually
pretty shitty records when i look back upon it
>>
>>71517679
>the title one
There are two though...
>>
>>71517727
I dislike TMS, but why do you say Ex Military is a shitty one? It's one of their best albums.

>>71517731
I meant Deep Web, since I listed No Love as one of the better ones on the album.
>>
>>71517727

Both are great records. I can't possibly understand how you can like NLDW without liking TMS or Ex, they're not that different. I'd say Exmilitary is their best album overall.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.