[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting sick of the Tame Impala hate. They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 4284620.jpg (152KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4284620.jpg
152KB, 600x600px
I'm getting sick of the Tame Impala hate.

They're an excellent band that happen to sound like The Beatles, GET OVER IT
>>
Remember Tame Impala?
Me neither.
>>
>>71510704
who?
>>
>>71510682
They're an okay / good band that sounds a LOT like The Beatles.

That said, I do agree the hatred is overwhelming for no good reason. I think it's partially because theneedledrop and Pitchfork consistently review them well, which is especially weird for Fantano since he usually hates shit he thinks is derivative / borrows too much from the past. And Tame Impala aren't exactly innovators.
>>
>>71510740
>And Tame Impala aren't exactly innovators.
thats where youre wrong. they change their sound on every album, theyre interested in expanding the neo psychedelic gerne, thats innovative
>>
>>71510682
>sound like The Beatles

i like tame impala but i'm sick of their irrit fanbase making the same unoriginal observation
>>
>>71510849
The "sounds like the Beatles" is a meme. The only song that really sounds like the Beatles is Mind Mischief
>>
what a huge honor to be compared to the literal biggest band on the planet, the beatles
>>
>>71510899
that doesnt really sound like the beatles at all. i dont think you have a clear understanding of what the beatles sound like. mind mischief has the phasing and space rock, soul guitars, verys early 70s glam rock, and the beatles were over by then.

a song that sounds like the beatles is elephant. its very reminiscent of come together
>>
>>71510899
lmao get some fucking ears, I like Tame Impala but christ man
>>
>>71510682
>I'm getting sick of the Tame Impala hate.
GET OVER IT
>>
>>71510682
i fucking love tame impala. its like the Beatles didn't break up and went full psychedelic
>>
>>71510682
when did you decide they were going to be excellent? were you proud?
>>
>>71510939
i dont think you have a clear understanding of what patrician music sounds like. You own a copy of Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart, right anon?
>>
They're uninteresting normie garbage.
>>
File: karl-pilkington.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
karl-pilkington.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>71510704
Tame What? Sound like a meme band to me!
>>
File: o o f.jpg (22KB, 539x538px) Image search: [Google]
o o f.jpg
22KB, 539x538px
>>71510682
Tame Impala isn't a band, it's a solo project
Stop referring to Kevin Parker as "them" or "they"
He also doesn't sound anything like the Beatles
Also, Innerspeaker is better than Lonerism
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalso, the reason Kevin changes the sound of each album is because he does drugs. Plus he did say he wanted to try and make a pop album.
An innovative sound is something like Death Grips. A shitty ass sound no one should like but it sounds pretty good.
>>
>>71512183
>the reason Kevin changes the sound of each album is because he does drugs.
the beatles did the same thing. you can identify which album goes with which popular drug at the time.
>>
I like associated acts, nickallbrook etc but the glam psych barbie bullshit is gay
>>
>>71512274
>glam psych barbie bullshit is gay
but i bet you love ziggy stardust, right? fuck off you hypocrite
>>
>>71512297
who??
sorry i listen exclusively to krautrock and alt stoner metal
>>
>>71512297
look into ur heart u know it to be true

its fucking barbie garbo lel
>>
>>71512183
>An innovative sound is something like Death Grips. A shitty ass sound no one should like but it sounds pretty good.
Thanks for confirming your whole post is bait.
>>
>>71512274
nickallbrook is a literall faggot though, kevin dated melody protchet for awhile so we know hes straight
>>
I'll never understand this Tame sounds like the Beatles meme. If Tame sounds like The Beatles, than most rock music sounds like The Beatles.
>>
>>71513313
most rock does sound like the beatles, dipshit
>>
>>71513335
And how is that any form of criticism? Are you denying the Beatles' excellence?
>>
>>71513368
making a lot of money =/= excellence
>>
>>71513416
Here's your (you). Get some taste before you start posting. As if the Beatles popularity has anything to do with the content of their music. Moron.
>>
>>71513446
>As if the Beatles popularity has anything to do with the content of their music.
no, thats what YOURE saying. i think they suck and ripped off more talented bands of the time like the who or the kinks
>>
>>71513459
Alright well have fun having anyone take your opinion seriously when you say the Who is better than the Beatles.
>>
>>71510939
they're nothing alike whatsoever
the instrumentation of tame impala is in a league of its own, the only similarities between them and the beatles is kev parkers voice
Beatles didn't utilise any technology similar to tame impala

Kev is just redefining the psychedelic genre using new technology that wasn't around back then to create more original music
>>
They sound nothing like the Beatles on Currents.

He sounds more like Michael Jackson on some tracks than the Beatles.
>>
>>71513523
>Beatles didn't utilise any technology similar to tame impala
the Beatles had synths and guitar pedals
>>
>>71513667
Not him but please, these things have come ridiculously far since then.
>>
What are your thoughts on Temples, tame impala fans?
>>
>>71513893
shit
>>
>>71513733
Tame Impala uses sequencers and obviously newer tech overall, but the basic set up is identical. if the Beatles had played in the 70s they would've used sequencers too like pink floyd
>>
I don't give a fuck what Tame Impala uses. They fucking suck.
>>
>>71513459
lol hop off scaruffi's dick. you're not even trying to vary your argument, you literally said the kinks lol wasteman
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.