[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album. I still haven't listened to it because I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 5252182.jpg (355KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5252182.jpg
355KB, 1000x1000px
This album. I still haven't listened to it because I feel I'm not prepared to appreciate is properly. I want to listen to every other album that even remotely interests me before listening to Trout Mask Replica. There's absolutely no way it can be as complex as described. I even like all other scarufficore albums.

I treat this album as the final boss of entry-tier music.
>>
>>71506748
It sucks
>>
>>71506761
there's your answer. don't hype it up too much for yourself
>>
>>71506761
>>71506792
Fags.

>>71506748
Weed will help immensely, this album is a synesthetic's wet dream, so is Loveless and Twin Infinitives. If you don't have that gidt like some of us have to isolate sounds and visualize them, you'll never see this album for what it really is.

When it clicked for me, and not just "Oh this is good!" Like- REALLY clicked, it overwhelmed me with a feeling of happiness and absurdity that I was grinning through the whole thing.

It clicked when I heard Hair Pie: Bake 1 followed by the transition into Moonlight in Vermont is probably the greatest transition of one song into the next I had ever heard.
>>
>>71506861
Stop reading Scaruffi
>>
>>71506861
Yes I can visually see those albums, like isolating all instruments in their own sections.

Do you think I should definitely be on drugs/alcohol when listening to this album for the first time?
>>
>>71506861
Loveless is really good when you're sober and just driving or riding your bike and looking at nature.
>>
>>71506903
Stop going on RYM. Scaruffi's tops are great, and his autism convinced me that he was seeing shit that I was seeing too. So no. I'm not gonna do what you tell me, kid.
>>
>>71506948
>thinks Scaruffi top is better than RYM
lmao
>>
This is nothing special, its just a guy and his band playing polyrhythmic rock mixed with delta blues and free jazz with the guy screaming pure nonsense
>>
>>71506927
Nah, I just meant weed puts you into that trance state easier. I have anxiety so it helps me particularly. First listens should be raw. You will hate most of it but that's fine cause most of us who like it didn't always like it either.
>>
>>71506969
Go suck Dabe Gilbours dick
>>
>>71506748
I immediately discard the opinion of everyone who rates this album 10/10
>>
>>71506969
>RYM
>whiny kids writing fanfics to their albums
>Elitists popists and obscurists
>The top album on there is Ok Computer
>Having any significant value above self indulgent masturbation.

I chuckle'd.
>>
>>71506748
>entry-tier
Reminder that people who use these terms unironically listen to music for status rather than enjoyment or appreciation
>>
>>71506748
I kinda just started to get into captain beefheart and while I now do like most of tmr, I listened to safe as milk first and liked that a lot. So for me, it was just me wanting to see where he went from there. imo tmr is so stripped away from the rest of his work which kinda hurts it
>>
>>71506942
Oh yeah I agree, Loveless to me is what Brian Wilson laid out, perfected by Kevin Shields. Those guys just hear things that others can't as cliche as it sounds.

I'm really convinced they have some synesthetic perception of sound. The way Shield's talks about them pioneering shoegaze as just them messing around for hours and feeling a high from it especially.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.