[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would anyone buy a tuner pedal instead of using a clip on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: uhhh.jpg (33KB, 383x450px) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.jpg
33KB, 383x450px
Why would anyone buy a tuner pedal instead of using a clip on tuner? Serious question
>>
The one reason I can think of for going with the former is to maybe not disrupt stage banter between songs when your gigging (if your in the type of band that dies that), or to cancel out the sound of disconnecting the 1/4 inch jack when switching guitars
>>
>>71506257
Good luck with your clip on when it flies off, beans a chick in the third row and you get sued, mate.

Plus pedals are generally more accurate and have more modes/settings.
>>
>>71506257
I actually need to buy one but I'm a cheap motherfucker, I've been tuning with my phone for ages now.
>>
>>71506839
>>71506752

I dont play in a band, so both of these aren't really valid points. Thanks though!
>>
>>71507146
i use mine as killswitch from time to time, its p fun
>>
>>71506932
Peterson do a version of their strobe tuner (accurate af) as a phone app. Supposed to be pretty good
>>
If you're playing live it will kill any output from you amp for you without having to think about fiddling with knobs on your guitar. It's just quick step on the pedal, tune your shit, step on the pedal, jump into the next song
>>
>>71506257
to use on stage
>>
>>71506257

I use mine at the end of my chain as a kill switch and they're more accurate and harder to lose
>>
>>71506257

if you have a pedal board with power source you don't have to keep buying batteries

also this
>>71506839

>>71507146

>i dont play in a band

well then expect more music/gear related things to not make sense to you
>>
>>71507187
>Peterson do a version of their strobe tuner (accurate af) as a phone app. Supposed to be pretty good
I don't know which one that is, but the one that I don't use is the Fender app, that one is terrible.

I use another one but I can't remember the name of it, it even tells whether notes are C2 or C3, or example, and can adjust for individual frequencies.
>>
>>71507510
>>71507187
I have the Peterson app and it's great. You can use hertz, cents, or midi to read what pitch your string is at. The hz readout is super useful for intonation, and very accurate, especially when you plug the guitar into the phone directly with one of those plug things. When playing normally, I usually just use the phones mic which works good enough.
>>
>>71507704

you can literally check fix intonation with a $5 clip-on tuner. i just did last week and my guitar sounds perfect

do you have autismo?
>>
>>71507978
Why do people tune on stage?
>>
>>71508016

i can tune on stage with a clip-on tuner. i just did last week

do you

have

AUTISMO

?
>>
>>71508026
I just don't really see the point. My guitar doesn't ever go out of tune and if I tune it before bringing it on stage then I don't need to re-tune it there. And for stuff written in another tuning I have another guitar I can just bring.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.