[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have an of Montreal thread. Which albums are your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: a1518911143_10.jpg (772KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1518911143_10.jpg
772KB, 1200x1200px
Let's have an of Montreal thread. Which albums are your favorite? Which albums are garbage?
>>
I had no idea who they were when I saw them in Madison awhile back.

What's a good album to start with? They had a pretty kickass performance.
>>
>>71502958
Cherry Peel is considered a great album on it's own. The general rule of thumb is that it gets more dancey by release date.
>>
OH THE CAUSE OF GAUZE
>>
>>71502939
of Montreal are an odd band. Their discography is extremely inconsistent quality-wise however that inconsistency doesn't apply to individual albums.

When you pick up a bad oM album, most of it will be disinteresting, however if you pick up a good one, it's engaging for the entire duration.
>>
Paralytic Stalks is my favorite.
>>
>>71502983
Satanic panic imo. Then if you want more indie twee pop rock go backwards in time. If you want more psychedelia and hyper personal lyrics go forward.
I really love their new album.
What do you all think of rune husk? It seems like more divorce rock.
>>
>>71502939
The Gay Parade and Cherry Peel are bangers
>>
>>71502939
What a crazy band. I can't help but love em. Some of their albums are just garbage throughout. Others are 10/10.

Best:
>Skeletal Lamping
>Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
>False Priest

I don't really care to point out which ones I dislike.

Neat band.
>>
File: a3703556089_10.jpg (268KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3703556089_10.jpg
268KB, 1200x1200px
>>71503283
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsWIX42L2aU
When will he just put out a poetry book or at least an album of spoken word since his songs are mostly just shite recently

Like this garbage
>>
File: af830e4987-1486692097192.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
af830e4987-1486692097192.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>71503319
They remind me of Mindless Self Indulgence, as in they are extremely unique but polarizing. Also people tend to like OM by the album because you have indie tween next to glam funk
>>
File: 1487086610084.jpg (6KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
1487086610084.jpg
6KB, 218x231px
>>71503362
Shitty and unpleasent to listen too. I honestly think he doesn't give a fuck anymore and is just using the band as an artistic outlet.

Not that I mind, but this intentionally inaccessibility is turning me off in a way stalks did not. Slag is a good track, but that is because it was one he made with the guy from mgmt
>>
>>71503319
I disagree, actually. I mean, look at their most recent album, Innocence Reaches. It's a mish-mashed clusterfuck, both in style and quality. You have some EDM/IDM-pop stuff thrown in with what sounds like Aureate Gloom/Lousy With Sylvianbriar outtakes, and even a song or two that could've been on False Priest, Speaking of which, False Priest. Half of that album is wonderful and half is utterly forgettable. Like, there are some songs on that album that are probably in my top 10 most played oM songs, but then there are songs that are so boring that I can't even remember a melody or a lyric from it
>>
Was a huge fan in hs, everyone of my music friends hated them. Stopped listening after the album after skeletal lamping. Kevin Barnes strikes me as a creep. Keep meaning to watch that documentary from the hissing fauna tour where everyone supposedly talks about how much he's changed and how much they hate him. If he'd tone it down just a bit I think I'd like them still. Were a very important band to me in my formative stages. Lots of melody and lots of chords and unique instrumentation back in the day. Big fan of coquelicot asleep in the poppies, satanic panic, gay parade, hissing fauna a little less, a lot of skeletal lamping. Love hearing that e6 thought they were small fries. Kevin Barnes contributions to the major organ and the adding machine album were really good. I wish he'd just collab with whoever the fuck he could instead of just holing up and making everyone around him angry.
>>
File: 26931.kevin2.jpg (82KB, 525x394px)
26931.kevin2.jpg
82KB, 525x394px
Lol

If you read Kevin Barnes interviews, you realize he's fucking insane to
>>
>>71503319
>of Montreal are an odd band.
they're normalfag tier.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.