[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that children of great musicians are usually talentless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: sean lennon.jpg (56KB, 636x421px) Image search: [Google]
sean lennon.jpg
56KB, 636x421px
Why is it that children of great musicians are usually talentless and non-existent?
>>
But Sean and Dhani have made some good stuff (at least with Les Claypool/Thenewno2)
>>
Rude, Sean isn't bad. Imagine being fucking john lennon's kid, must be harsh.
>>
>>71499050
he's a fucking hapa. What do you expect?
>>
because they didn't suffer adversity like their fathers

relativity is redundant when you get offered a contract because of nepotism
>>
>>71499050
Just like how children of famous actors are always terrible?

Take Jaden Smith as an example.

They didn't suffer adversity and hardship like their parents do plus everything is already given to them so they don't have the experience needed to be in the top-tier of their respective art.
>>
>>71500226
>Just like how children of famous actors are always terrible?

Not always. Michael Douglas is a far better actor than his dad.
>>
wait is john lennon a great artist now
>>
>>71500405
No, WAS a great artist, he is now dead you fucking dumbshit
>>
What dumb asshole would name their son to rhyme with their name
>>
>>71499050
Felix Pastorius is a good bass player. He's not as innovative as his dad but he's talented.
>>
File: Kirk.jpg (118KB, 640x802px) Image search: [Google]
Kirk.jpg
118KB, 640x802px
>>71500370
Now THIS is spicy bait
>>
>>71499050
Same reason as 99.9% of the world. The odds of anyone being a great talented musicians are very low to begin with. Why would children of great musicians have an advantage? I don't think genetics play that big of a role in artistic talent.
>>
Are you as good as your dad in whatever he did? Thought so

Musician sons feel pressured to follow their parents career for easy cash instead of doing anything else they truly wanted so of course they will suck
>>
File: dweezil-4.jpg (300KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
dweezil-4.jpg
300KB, 1200x795px
I think Dweezil does his dad proud by continuing his legacy...although I couldn't name any original music he's done. Still, a great guitarist.
>>
>>71499050
Is Jeff Buckley the only good one?
>>
>>71499050
Because Yoko cancelled out johns talent genes.
>>
>>71500511
J.C Bach
C.P.E Bach

But like Jeff Buckley, very good but not in their father's league.
>>
>Lisa Marie Presley
Shit.
>Alexa Joel
Shit.
>Sean Lennon
Shit.
>those two kids that James Taylor and Carly Simon had
Shit.
>Paul McCartney's kids
Shit.
>Nick Starkey
Shit.
>>
File: 462096628-608x459.jpg (77KB, 608x459px) Image search: [Google]
462096628-608x459.jpg
77KB, 608x459px
Frances will SAVE music
>>
>>71500532
>>
>>71500532
she's the better song writer
>>
>>71500569
Brian Wilson's daughters were shit too.
>>
Wolfgang Van Halen isn't a bad bassist, sadly he's wasted his talent playing Greatest Hits setlists with his dad's shitty washed up dadrock band.
>>
>>71500584
He put out some solid '80s pop.
>>
>>71499084
>Imagine being fucking john lennon's kid,

I see what you did there
>>
>>71500532
I mean this has obviously gotta be a joke but Yoko and John never had kids

Yoko hated kids and John hated himself
>>
File: Nancy.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nancy.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
I prefer Nancy over Frank Sinatra.
>>
>>71500637
And I prefer Megadeth's cover of These Boots over the original, but that's just me.
>>
>>71500629
What? And Sean? Like srsly famalam
>>
I've heard Diesel Zappa puts on some pretty great shows, never listened though.
>>
>>71500725
His name is Dweezil get it right nerd, only a celebrity would name their chld Diesel lol thats not even a real name
>>
>>71500553
The Bachlets were regarded as better in their day, actual innovative musicians compared to their dadrock dad. Probably just hipsters because no one really thinks that now.
>>
>>71500739
At least he's not some idiot who names a girl Moon Unit or something.
>>
>>71499050
You can say what you want about Sean lennon's skill, but his father beat him.
>>
>>71499050
regression towards the mean. an exceptional person is unlikely to have a kid who's just as exceptional.
>>
>>71499050
I want to hug Sean!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5-7AF6Iyy8
>>
>>71500787
Music was evolving quickly during the 18th century and Bach came to be seen as antiquated soon after his death. Not until the mid-19th century was he re-appreciated.
>>
>>71500474
This. It's like asking why you or me aren't great musicians. It's rare as fuck. I don't buy the idea that "they haven't experienced adversity so they can't be great artists" either, because a lot of great artists actually do come from a privileged background. That has changed a little bit, but traditionally you HAD to be privileged to pursue an interest in arts because otherwise you were too busy working in a factory or something to spend time wasting on something that rarely pans out. Today it's a bit different as it's more accessible to create music and get noticed, but it's still rare to, just that you don't have to be from the upperclass to have a chance. Still, there's still a lot of successful artists today who came from wealth such as Ariel Pink, Vampire Weekend, and almost every pop artist.
>>
>>71499050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1bFFiV89o

explain this then
>>
>>71500637
Kill yourself, she was the Willow Smith of her time
>>
>>71500553
was about to post this.
>>
You can ask the same about any parent who had striking abilities or achievements. The instances of great writers, poets, musicians, scientists, mathematicians, or any famous in general passing on or rubbing off some of their magic on their offspring are extremely rare.
>>
Counterexample: Ravi Shankar's daughters.
>>
Also fathers of both Bach and Mozart were acclaimed musicians.
>>
File: Duncan Jones.jpg (16KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
Duncan Jones.jpg
16KB, 214x317px
>>71499050
He's not a musician, but Duncan "Zowie Bowie" Jones is a rather good director (and seems a good bloke as well)
>>
>>71500439
Kek
>>
>>71500579
when
>>
>>71499050
John Lennon was a piece of shit abuser and a mediocre musician at best. Fix your idiot self.
>>
File: The Onion Lennon.png (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
The Onion Lennon.png
111KB, 500x500px
>>71503098
>>
>>71500210

lol @ adversity being a prerequisite to being a good songwriter

pavement, dinosaur jr, pixies, etc all grew up in upper middle class environments with easy lives
>>
>>71500579
>>71503054
She's already 24yo, at her age his dad was already making Nevermind.
>>
>>71503122
Because it's fun, John Lenon was a shit tier human being and you should be reminded this fact every time you idolize this fucker
>>
>>71503219
he was a diva, but to deny him or McCartney's musical ability is just stupid. You don't have to love a person to like their music or at least acknowledge their talent
>>
>>71503219
But there's literally no point posting it here. I would bet money that 99% of all people posting on /mu/ knows the Lennon was a shitbag, and people either care or don't. It's pointless to bring it up all the time.
>>
>>71503256
George Harrison was the most talented beatle desu
>>
>>71500508
The sound that my turd made falling into the toilet earlier today was a better composition than anything Frank ever made.
My anus is a better musician than Frank Zappa. It's really not that hard.
>>
(sean) Lennon Claypool Delirium released a neat little album and sean actually shreds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2EO0dtmK8
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.