[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine being so GOAT that an album gets thrown together from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: LetItBe_0.jpg (150KB, 1220x1220px) Image search: [Google]
LetItBe_0.jpg
150KB, 1220x1220px
Imagine being so GOAT that an album gets thrown together from recording sessions that were disastrous because of conflict and the finished product is still one of the best records ever made.
>>
(Psssst.......Naked is better)
>>
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
Across the Universe is the only worthwhile thing here
>>
>>71491520
Wrong
>>
>>71491494
Agree.
>>
>>71491469
that album is terrible tho
>>
>>71491550
It's not tho
>>
>>71491469
holy shit stop making these embarrassing threads you fucking beatlesfags
>>
>>71491494
I agree. Though there are some points in Phil Spector's mix I like more, but I still don't get why he added all the little studio banter and put Dig It and Maggie Mae in there. Adding Don't Let Me Down on Naked was a great decision too, though.

>>71491498
>>71491520
>>71491550
You are fake news
>>
Spector =trash, the Let it Be Naked version is 100% better. Phil even screwed All Things Must Pass in so many ways.
>>
>>71491520
This.

People only rate this album so high because it's The Beatles, it's fucking awful.
>>
>>71491592
Deal with it. We're taking back this board from the Scaruffi cancer.
>>
>>71491469
Can we agree that the single version of Let It Be is better than both the album version and the Naked version?
>>
>>71491603
>>71491494
The best is the Albums That Never Were mix
>>
File: 1480791647481.jpg (49KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
1480791647481.jpg
49KB, 800x596px
>>71491603
>mfw one of my favorite Harrison songs is drowned in a sea of reverb thanks to him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO6_DzAJtQY
>>
>>71491498
But young listeners now are getting into the Beatles because they made great music, not because they read crusty old critics
The beatles are still popular because they had something for everyone
They appealed to druggies because they took drugs and wrote songs like I am the Walrus
And they appeal to soppy romantic older folk because they made songs like Something
>>
>>71491738
First day on /mu/?
>>
File: ­.png (10KB, 716x340px) Image search: [Google]
­.png
10KB, 716x340px
>>
>>71491674
Agree, but thats what he does, he Spectorizes everything he touches leaving the original idea far behind. I think is unrespectful.
>>
>the album cover is all of them separated
damn
>>
>>71491494
No it's not, LIB Naked has too much noise reduction and compression that makes it sound like shit compared to the unpolished but charming warmth of the original
>>
File: laughing reaction 4.jpg (35KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
laughing reaction 4.jpg
35KB, 500x282px
>>71491469
More like the DUNG Beatles LOL
>>
>>71492969
>>>/a/
>>
>>71491520
>implying
>the two of us
>i've got a feeling
>i dig a pony
>i me mine
>for you blue, are bad songs

full pleb m8
>>
>>71491674
dude, that is nothing. how about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XTYXEpeEYA

its fucking insanity. i like the acoustic version but id like an electric version that isn't going to fuck me in the eardrum.
>>
How come George Martin didn't produce Let It Be/Get Back? I've never been able to find an explanation as to why Glyn Johns produced the original version of the album before it was scrapped until John got Spector to slam it into his wall of sound.

I prefer the naked version because it sounds better in the context of the previous albums. Listening to Abbey Road and then Let It Be is a huge drop in production quality, all of the songs on Abbey Road sound way ahead of their time while Let It Be is really dated sounding
>>
File: 1481049950596.jpg (41KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
1481049950596.jpg
41KB, 680x793px
>>71493696
Jesus christ
>>
>>71493969
i think the idea was to originally have a "stripped down" sound and maybe they didn't think george martin was the best producer for the job.
>>
>>71494315
>Let's go for a "stripped-down" sound.
>Indeed. Let's go for Phil Spector to produce it.
lmao
>>
>>71495419
they only turned to phil spector after the whole thing had fallen apart. they had abandoned the stripped down idea by that point and just wanted something to release
>>
>>71492212
The nice thing about hating Spector is that I don't feel bad in case he's a nice guy cuz he killed somebody.
>>
>>71491738
>>The beatles are still popular because they had something for everyone

This isn't a good thing. It's the very definition of "broad." Another example of "broad" art is like, the TV show "Friends." Everyone has seen it, everyone has probably laughed at it or enjoyed it at some point, but people with taste in television wouldn't actually consider it "great" TV. Beatles are the music equivalent of the show "Friends."
>>
>>71491674
When I heard the demo takes for this song with no reverb it blew me away. Sounds so much better
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.