[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is that and how do I play it? Normally I would play G but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot (178).png (155KB, 996x470px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (178).png
155KB, 996x470px
What is that and how do I play it?
Normally I would play G but the motherfucker has two sticks. I don't know what the hell is that.
>>
he was born that way, he cant help it
>>
>>71487898
Both voices play the same note.

If you're playing piano, guitar or any other instrument you have to play so fast, it becomes two notes
>>
>>71487898
It's just G. Since it starts out with the left hand playing two distinct voices, it's showing you that both voices are playing the same note for that measure.
>>
>>71487918
>Both voices play the same note.
Yes

>If you're playing piano, guitar or any other instrument you have to play so fast, it becomes two notes
No

Think of it like a choir. If you played each line individually (in this case it's bass, tenor, and soprano) both the bass and the tenor arrive at the same note at the same time. If you're playing piano or guitar, you would just play one note.
>>
>>71487997
I'll kindly tell you that what you said is incorrect. You have to play it very fast; see: tremolo.
>>
File: Music-tremolo.png (1KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Music-tremolo.png
1KB, 200x200px
>>71488020
It is not a tremolo.
>>
>>71488187
It clearly is.
>>
It's the result of the upper voice in the f clef, as you can see, G is sustained in the lower voice but as the upper voice approaches the end (the B C B A) it goes to G, finishing the phrase. So it ends up being "G over G" for effect, but it's just the sustained G being interrupted by the G coming from the above. Hope this makes sense
>>
>>71488451
this anon is right, you have to play G while the previous G is still ringing out. (On a piano this isn't really possible because there's just one key per note, which is what >>71488020
probably meant - on a guitar you could in theory do it because there are several strings.)

The voices don't arrive at the same time; rather, the lower voice arrives one bar earlier and holds the note for two bars (G to G *with a bow* is one single note)
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (23KB, 996x470px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
23KB, 996x470px
>>71488557
So how is it play on the piano?
Is it just G like >>71487997 said? or two notes like >>71487918 said? In the latter it seems it would be like in the picture
>>
>>71488674
On piano, you've already pressed the G at the start, it's just ringing out for 5 measures. You continue with the melody and just play it out. The G's only written like that because it's sustained.
>>
>>71488674
Play the G once since you would need to reiterate the tonic G to bring the phrase closure.
>>
>>71488674
just play the note as if it was a normal one on piano.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.