[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw Deafheaven tonight and they fucking ruled. It was a very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Sunbather.jpg (60KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sunbather.jpg
60KB, 1200x1200px
I saw Deafheaven tonight and they fucking ruled. It was a very small venue and very intimate, George Clarke was grabbing people onto the stage and people were hopping the barrier and Clarke was dragging them up, screaming in their ears, then sending them crowd surfing during the finale of The Pecan Tree

Has anyone else been to this tour? I was completely blown away with how good they did.
>>
Was thinking about going to their show Tuesday night
>>
>tfw no vehicle to go for a 5hour drive to Minneapolis to watch Deafheaven.

kill me.
>>
>>71480651

do it

The openers were very good too
>>
I'm seeing them in May and I'm PUMPED
>>
ITT: Nu-males
>>
Euronymous is spinning in his grave.
>>
>>71481253

Euronymous was a fucking try hard edgelord and I'm glad he got a knife to the skull desu
>>
>>71481270
He tripped onto a lamp a dozen times, asshole. Don't speak ill of the dead.
>>
>>71480613
>tfw at a Deafheaven show
>I'm the only one trying to start a moshpit

Yeah, never again.
>>
File: Q.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Q.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>71481253
B-But muh "real blvck metal"

>Found the neckbeard
>>
>>71482702
Good.
>>
>>71482702
the same shit's
>at a boris show, deafheaven show, wittr show, krallice show, the list goes on
>>
>>71481253
have you ever considered the fact that a genre can evolve? or does all hip hop have to sound like rappers delight and all pop have to sound like yellow submarine for you?
>>
>>71484126
well it can evolve, and black metal is evolving, but Deafhaven are combination of emo, post rock, shoegaze, with some metal influences, which I really, really dislike and I think it's one of the worst turns black metal could have take.
>>
>>71484162
>R E E E E E E
>>
>>71484126
>>71484162

> Deafheaven is le future of black metal!!!!

2013 called, they want their memes back
>>
>>71484162
>implying deafheaven isnt paving themselves a new genre
>implying the "norm" of black metal will change
>>
>>71480613
I saw them in Houston last weekend and it was amazing. He also did the same thing you mentioned. I got it on video lol
>>
going to see them in a couple weeks in seattle, am excited for it
>>
>>71480651
i'm going on tuesday, see you there
>>
>>71484461
well i don't necessarily think that they are the future of black metal but they have been doing something different. I only said that black metal has the capacity, like most other genres, to evolve and deafheaven are the most widely known band to have taken steps in a new direction in regards to the genres sound.
>>
>>71484718
You are a fucking retard if you think mixing emo, shoegaze and black metal hasn't been done before nubather and they are doing something unique
>>
>>71484718
>they have been doing something different

m8, by the time Sunbather came out the bands they aped their sound from had already started to move away from it.

Just because Pitchfork got behind it doesn't mean they were at the head of a new movement.
>>
>>71484718
you say that but then New Bermuda was run-of-the-mill post-hardcore-with-blast-beats

one album that was "different" (which, by the way, Deafheaven weren't the first to do, as >>71484759 and >>71484767) said doesn't mean they're trailblazers
>>
>>71484120
>went to Boris show in Austin "Nu Male Caliphate" Texas
>there was a mosh pit

Wrongo buckaroo
>>
>>71481185
lol
>>
>>71481253
fuck euronymous and all that gay shit
>>
Anyone going to next Saturday night's show in Bloomington-Normal, IL?
>>
Having seen them live and watched a few performances, the crowd energy is either fucking crazy or awful, there's no in-between for them.
Also:
>Tfw bought tickets to see them on the 7th two months early
>Requested the night off from work
>Really shouldn't be a problem as they could have moved me to a much busier night
>"Yeah dude this is the one show I don't want to miss."
>No one even fucking looked at the request
>Kerry is probably going to die of an opiate OD before they come back
>>
>>71483679
>defending Deafheavn
>posting kanye west image reaction
wew lad another clueless /mu/ drone
>>
>>71484126
The problem with Deafheaven isn't so much that it's pivoting from BM, the genre has been pushed forward over and over again since the late 90s, it's not even up to debate anymore. You think Deafheaven is any shit compared to Manes ?
The problem is that it's becoming the face of BM for a all new crowd (in particular the whole young alt* demographic, not that I'm looking down on them), and it's shallow as fuck while deriding the heritage of the genre. But then again, I started listening to that stuff when the face of the genre was CoF. I won't pretend it's any gayer now.

>>71481653
>Don't speak ill of the dead.
If there's one genre where speaking ill of the dead is acceptable behaviour...
>>
>>71480613
What was the crowd like? I'm seeing them alone in a few weeks and have only ever gone to indie folk/rock/punk shows. Are they friendly? Energetic? Or is it just a bunch of moody, pretentious people standing around trying not to look too excited?
>>
>>71486909
I saw them in Madison, WI back in November and the crowd was amazing. Everyone was really into it and interaction between George and the crowd was awesome. I've only been to one show so I don't have a big sample size but the one show I did see was an exhilarating experience.
>>
File: sunbather 2.png (46KB, 812x914px) Image search: [Google]
sunbather 2.png
46KB, 812x914px
they have a new bass player supposedly

>tfw you'll never be a bass player of deafheaven and you'll keep continue playing the whole sunbather album in your room on bass
>>
>>71480613
>tonight
It's 2:17 PM......
>>
>>71480613
>George Clarke was grabbing people onto the stage
stop reading right there George hate people he is a misanthrope and always spit people in the eye
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.