[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i finally gave into the meme and checked this out and i gotta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: XiJQSMh.jpg (142KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
XiJQSMh.jpg
142KB, 600x600px
so i finally gave into the meme and checked this out
and i gotta say, i didn't enjoy it that much, maybe even if all. the best song, if i had to choose, was "don't talk." and this is because it wasn't a super bright, sappy, and cheesy song. i felt that the entire album was sappy.

i wonder what this says about me, that i would rather listen to cold music than i would this. perhaps i've never truly felt love before? this doesn't does much of a case for love in general.

ah well. i didn't like it.
>>
>>71478970
>this doesn't does
this doesn't do*
>>
fuck you
>>
Most truly great albums don't click on the first listen, OP.
>>
File: IMG_9820.png (3MB, 1466x1454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9820.png
3MB, 1466x1454px
>>
>>71478983
no thanks

>>71479002
yeah that may be the case but i don't think there's a reason for me to return to this album. generally with albums that "click," there's some kinda draw that makes me want to try it again. maybe when i feel love?
>>
>>71479005
I member that thread
>>
>>71479005
whoever did this is a fucking child
>>
>>71479019
You don't need to have felt love to get this album. I'm a gf-less kv and this is my favorite album
>>
>>71479087
>I'm a gf-less kv and this is my favorite album
that's... kinda sad.
>>
>>71479096
I know
>>
>>71478970
I'd say listen again to Sloop John B, it that doesn't do the trick, then you might as well consider going back to your Top 40.
>>
>>71479120
>then you might as well consider going back to your Top 40
i appreciate the comment but you really don't know what styles of music i listen to
>>
>>71478970
Some people just have to watch the movie first
>>
>>71479315
movie?
>>
>>71478970
>doesn't like an album
>still post about not enjoying it

cmon dude
>>
>>71479582
it's a musical discussion, and i was hoping to get more dialogue going about the album itself but i suppose we only talk about albums when everyone likes them
>>
>>71478970
I'm not an extremely sappy person either but God Only Knows gets me every time
>>
>>71478970

when I listen to this album I'm not paying attention to the lyrics most of the time, but it sounds like that's 80% of what you're hearing?

I get how some parts could come off as sappy depending on what you're used to. I think if you put some of these lyrics over today's top-40 type pop songs it would sound cheesy. but the complex instruments give the lyrics more depth/ambiguity imo
>>
>>71478970
Every song fades out.
>>
>>71478970
now listen to sunflower
>>
>>71478970

>Pet Sounds
>sappy and cheesy, bright

Listen to the lyrics and think about what is being said. This is a forefather to 90s emo.
>>
>>71479609
Same here anon...Same here. I'm not their biggest fan, but that song always fucks me up.
>>
>>71478970
Get the fuck out.
>>
I went in wanting to hate it because it's put on such a pedestal and I just couldn't. It's so damn beautiful.
>>
>>71478970
Get drunk by yourself and listen to it again.
>>
Listen to the DCC mono and the MFSL stereo and try again
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.