[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start learning bass guitar >immediately realize how simple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: bass-guitar.jpg (61KB, 849x441px) Image search: [Google]
bass-guitar.jpg
61KB, 849x441px
>start learning bass guitar
>immediately realize how simple bass parts are and how some of the most famous ones could have been thought up in minutes

Is this just how music is made? Have I gone too long without knowing that?
>>
>>71474751
Yup.
>>
File: 1461288921972s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1461288921972s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>71474751
>>
Call me when you can play A detour by Da'vid shito:aL
>>
>>71474751
Hard and sounding good are not mutually exclusive.

There are many bass parts that you would need 5+ years to play. Same with guitar a lot of popular music is done with a simple chord progression and a lot is really hard
>>
>>71474751
Bass is the simplest of the guitar music instruments. Unless of course its the double bass, tried it once, never again.
>>
this better be bait...
>>
The thing about bass is it's easier as a beginner than guitar but as you progress they get about the same, depending on what kind of stuff you're playing
Rush had some bass solos that are harder than most guitar parts
>>
>>71476737
Its not
>>
>>71474751
Yeah. Just because you CAN come up with something great quickly and easily doesn't mean you will though. And obviously it needs to work in a track.
>>
the point of bass guitar or drums is to provide backbone to soloists in a group, not jam out on your own

fucking idiot
>>
>>71474751
Bass is literally just dumbed down guitar. It's just guitar with less strings and instead of chords you just the bass note over and over.
A child or a monkey can play it

000000000002222222223333333333300000000000 rinse and repeat. That's all bass is
>>
>>71476737
most of the best bands all play very simple music technically
>>
>>71477209

Not the case with Rush or Primus. But yeah OP most popular music from the 70s and 80s (minus the solos of course) can easily be played by someone with less than a year's experience.

But like another guy in this thread said. It's one thing to come up with a simple riff but it's another to arrange it with multiple other instruments, vocals, record and master well.

If you get more into music theory, you'll soon realize 99% of music that isn't jazz, metal, or classical just follows one mode or, variation on the major scale, if you will.
>>
>>71474751
And this is the attitude that spawns mediocre and hip "musicians". Oh, how can I be cool and relevant? I'll join a band, of course. The bass is easy enough to play and I will be respected. If you manage to get into a studio, you'll make your engineer's life a living hell.
>>
Hard=/=good
>>
>>71474751
Nice b8 m8, hope you feel gr8
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.