[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was this the most commercially successful Ween album?? We're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2188.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2188.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
How was this the most commercially successful Ween album?? We're the late 80's / early 90's that culturally different a song like Push th Little Daisies could make it in the top 40?? Imagine something like that charting today
>>
>>71473533
It was a different time.

Unironically.
>>
>>71473533
Alternative rock was huge at the time, nowadays nothing like that would make the charts.

Would you have picked a different song as the single from Pure Guava?
>>
>>71473965

dont get 2 close 2 my fantasy

easy
>>
>>71473965
Mourning Glory :^)
>>
Ok so I think this a good place to ask, I listened to the mollusk to find a few good parts (last three songs, first track and mutilated lips aside from that "rap verse" part) I also listened to quebec and really liked it however some of it felt a little gimmicky or in-genuine. I also listened to the first track to pure guava and wasnt too big of a fan, but I think it is growing on me. Are there any other albums I should check out or is this just not the band for me?
>>
>>71474498
>aside from that "rap verse" part
what
check out Chocolate And Cheese. if you don't like it then I guess Ween just isn't for you
>>
>>71474498
shinola should clear up any interference. 12 golden country greats is just a tight, good album.

if what you've heard and those don't work for you than you're probably not going to be a ween fan.
>>
File: Untitled.png (16KB, 329x369px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16KB, 329x369px
>>71474558
I dont know how I could explain it any better, it just makes me cringe, apparently its the chorus
>>
>>71474698
if stuff like that makes you cringe, i dont know if ween is the band for you
>>
>>71474698
oh, I see
it's one of my favorite moments from the album desu. it's not really rapping
>>
Yeah, the early/mid nineties were great. I remember being able to turn on the radio and hear that.
Along with Hum, Pavement, Sonic Youth and lots of other great music. Radio will never be that good again.
>>
>>71474394
Weird thing about Mourning Glory is that under all the feedback and whatnot the guitar part is quite good. If it wasn't it would suck, but the fact that there's a good song buried deep in Mourning Glory makes listening to it oddly satisfiying.
>>
>>71476159
no
>>
The song was on Beavis and Butthead, so probably helped them gain a lot of fans from that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.