[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gg/ Guitarfag and Bassfag General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 47

File: 26327348183_8fd0ba1dba.jpg (53KB, 400x356px) Image search: [Google]
26327348183_8fd0ba1dba.jpg
53KB, 400x356px
moon queef edition

How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com

Suggested Practice Routine:
>http://i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png

Guitar chords and inversions
>http://www.chordbook.com/guitar-chords/

String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>http://stringtensionpro.com/

Music theory:
>http://musictheory.net/lessons

Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf

Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods+Cab+1.3.rar
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM+RECTO+V30+L2.wav

Old Thread: >>71422650
>>
How long has everyone been playing for? Whats your best lick?
15 years more on than off
Master of puppets up to solo 2 (currently learning)
>>
>>71437992
fuck off with all that queer shit

post guitars you want to FUCK fa/gg/ots
>>
File: IMG_2075.jpg (935KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2075.jpg
935KB, 3264x2448px
Posting my recent relapse into GAS
>>
>>71438135
>chink mxr and boss
C'mon, bro.
>>
File: p.jpg (23KB, 400x362px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
23KB, 400x362px
redpill me on active pickups
>>
>>71437992
I took you 15 years to learn master of puppets?
Jesus christ you're fucking useless.
>>
>>71438207
Garbage unless you plan on playing metal and only metal forever.

Get passive pickups, man. They're way more versatile, don't require batteries, sound better clean in general, etc.
>>
File: spoops.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
spoops.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
New guitar today! One I've wanted for a while. Got it for a stupidly low price from guitar center. Really good condition though it seems like they put 9s on it but its set up for something bigger. There seems to be quite a bit of space between the strings and the nut. if I post a pic do you guys think you could ballpark a gauge to try?
>>
>>71438753
pretty nice desu
>>
How do I stop fucking up my wrists playing bass? I do my best to keep them straight and do warmups but I consistently get injured when I go through periods of playing every day consistently, even when it's just ~30 minutes.
>>
At what point did you y'all went through the "i suck at guitar" phase?
>>
>>71438753

Put a "eat fuk" sticker on it and play Frayed Ends of Sanity
>>
>>71438888
Everyday m8

But I actually do suck at guitar
>>
>>71438888
the first year or so

then i realized i was actually much better than everyone else I jammed with

then they all quit playing and I kept going
>>
>>71438753
I usually size my strings to my playing style/preference and then tuning. So I like 9's for E standard and drop D, 10's for D Standard, 11's for C standard. And mix and match for odd tunings. What gauge do you like to play?

I posted some instructions a few days ago on how to set up a guitar. That's all it sounds like it needs. Lower the bridge to where it's comfortable but not buzzing. Tune it how you like. From there if it starts buzzing, you may need to tension/untension the truss rod. Then tune again. Might take a few iterations to get it just right. I can provide more detail if you want, but that's the basic process for a fixed-bridge guitar that's set up for different strings. More steps required if there's a bow or twist in the neck.
>>
File: IMG_3870.jpg (65KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3870.jpg
65KB, 604x453px
>>71438920
Juss b urselff bruh
>>
>>71438976
At least he has parents that care enough to celebrate his birthday..
>>
Do I have to reslot my guitar's nut if I'm going from 11-52 to 12-56? and would a nut slotted for 12-56 work fine if I use 11s again? just in case decide to go back to 11s.
>>
>>71438888
Every time I try to learn a solo by a competent guitarist.
>>
>>71438995
>this is the 20th year since I shat you out of my vagoogoo
>this is your reminder that in 20 years you haven't made any friends who care about you or accomplished anything except vacating my snatch
>>
>>71438207
fluences are the only good active's
>>
>>71438660
I think >>71438207
are bass pickups.

I really like actives for bass, gives you more tonal control and it's just cleaner compared to passive in general.
>>
>>71439026
I wouldn't think so. I've got 11's on a 1980 Peavey T-60. Original nickel (I think) nut, no need to regroove for me. Also put a .053 and a .046 in the E and A string positions of a '77 Les Paul. Also no need to modify the nut.
>>
>>71438888
When I started college. Before that, I'd been playing for a few years and was playing lead in a death metal band that built up quite of a bit of a following in my local scene. It was a "big fish in a small pond" kind of situation. Then when I started university I got invited to a jam session by some of the jazz studies majors and got my ass absolutely handed to me. So I got serious about theory and got really into be bop and fusion, and I feel like my efforts are finally starting to pay off after a few years.
>>
>>71439076 (me)
I guess what I'm saying is the stock grooves in the nut can usually handle a wide range of string gauges. .004 inches isn't a big number.
>>
File: dagap.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
dagap.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>71438960
I play usually on 10s and like em well enough, more then the 9s. My plan with this guitar was to set it up for lower tunning so i was planing on trying 11s or 12s. The guitarist for Amon Amarth uses baritone strings on a standard explorer so i was thinking about giving that a shot. Heres as good a picture as I could get of the space. I am getting some fret buzz though and the strings just feel waaay to loose. I really think they just threw some 9s on this. It was filthy when i got it and still had the outline of an iron cross sticker. Ive got 10s, 11s and 13s whatcha think?
>>
>>71439090
>I used to jack my tiny dick in a meal band that no one cared about
>now I jack my tiny dick in a jazz fusion outfit no one cares about
yea you're really goin' places breh
>>
File: 1465354378953.png (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465354378953.png
168KB, 400x400px
what's a good way to strum on a spanish guitar with your fingers?

I don't have any nails though and nor do I want to look like a freak and grow them
>>
File: gay ass story.png (66KB, 1244x412px) Image search: [Google]
gay ass story.png
66KB, 1244x412px
>>71439090
you're this fucking gaylord aren't you
>>
>>71439163
I don't play in a fusion band, the jazz-oriented stuff is more of a personal pursuit.

>>71439241
Yep.
>>
>>71439076
>>71439106
What about going back though, won't it cause instability?
Only from 12s to 11s though, nothing really big like 12s to 9s
>>
>>71439215
Kind of hard to do without the nails, desu. It seems like the strumming would sound really dull if you hit the strings with the soft tips of your fingers.
>>
>>71439256
>I'll have you know I jack my tiny dick all by myself!
What an accomplishment, how proud are your parents right now?
>>
>>71439135
I use the one string gauge per whole note down (or up, I guess) rule of thumb. So if you would typically set a guitar up in E standard with 10's, count up from there. There's no harm in starting with baritone strings, although standard baritones are 14's, I think (I just got a cheap Gretsch baritone, so I'm new to that world. But it has 14-68). Pretty big. And standard bari is B-B I think. I use A-A. In the long run, strings are cheap, so maybe work progressively heavier, setting the guitar up each time for the heavier gauge, until you find what you like.

Too many words to say, don't really know.
>>
>>71439278
what's a way to do it with short nails then?
>>
>>71439258
I guess I don't really know. Wouldn't think so. There's a good bit of tension on the string, and so it friction-fits against the nut pretty solidly. You're picking on the far end of the guitar from the nut, so I think there's little to no horizontal force applied to the nut other than just string vibration. I'd think that it would seat just fine and not move laterally. But I don't know, never really thought about it. If you're staying in the same range of string tension force (same pitch), I don't think it would matter.
>>
>>71439306
Well, you can probably do the strumming with short nails, just look up a YT video on various strumming patterns in flamenco and work them up to speed. You just might not be able to do some of the single-note embellishments or leads without longer nails.
>>
>>71439215
>>71439306
You mean chord strumming? The way I do it is use the top of my nails with my middle and ring finger on downstrokes and the top of the thumbnail on upstrokes. For single notes there's not much else you can do besides use soft fingertips. I like that sound though.
>>
>>71439363 (me)

If you're doing some really heavy bends in the 1-3 fret range, it might wiggle a little. But again, we're talking about a few thousandths of an inch on a vibrating body that's 25+/- inches in vibration length. In my experience tuning instability is more a product of poorly seated strings at the tuning key and not at the nut.
>>
File: IMG_7985.jpg (300KB, 1025x1309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7985.jpg
300KB, 1025x1309px
Is the price jump from Fender Spic strat and Burger strat worth it at all?
>>
So guys I'm building a jam room in my house.
I dont know much about amps and stuff, mainly a drummer.
Currently have a big drumkit, a strat, a les paul, a p-bass and an 80w bass amp.
I'm wondering, what kind of amps and stuff I need now to pair with those guitars to be heard over the drums? Combo or stack? Small watt head on a cab?
Most likely wont let people borrow them for gigs so that does not matter, and the room is fairly small. Just want to know what kind of wattage I'd need for the amps and PA and what to go for.
>>
>>71439481
Not necessarily. I think it is a model by model, person by person sorta thing.
>>
>>71439481
How much do you value one fret? Probably no, if you're comparing buying new to new. But new jap or mexi vs used American, i think you can find a good deal. Or used mexi/jap vs used American, still probably could. Might also consider G&L, especially mid-90's. I got two of them in the $7-800 range. Big jump over import strat but not as big a jump as buying new American. Also, G&L strats are more Leo Fender strats than Fender strats are. Especially in the early/mid 90s.
>>
>>71439302
I think i might just throw 10s on it and see how it feels. I appreciate the insight mate, Cheers!
>>
>>71439570
No problem, congrats on the new guitar!
>>
>>71438339
You're a cock, everyone has different milestones
>>
So this is probably a retardedly obvious question but what exactly is a key?

I just started learning and one of the things I've looked up is the minor pentatonic scale and everywhere the instructor teaches the E minor pentatonic scale but what does that mean?

Could you play a minor pentatonic scale in other keys then what would be the difference?
>>
>>71439481
Nah, I don't think so. If you're aiming for a really high-end instrument then maybe consider something from Fender's Custom Shop but I've played a lot of MIM Strats and they've all felt great (played well, solid construction) and what they lack in any specific tonal characteristic can be made up for with a string gauge adjustment, pickup, swap, tune-up, etc.

If you're looking at doing some serious modification, though, maybe look into something US-made. Fender's Deluxe Strats come standard with Wilkinson tremolos and noiseless pickups which is pretty nice set of upgrades from the MIM stuff. Pretty sure Guthrie Govan recorded some leads on Steve Wilson's albums with a Deluxe Strat.
>>
>>71439525
Small room is hard to PA properly. On the guitars: If you're looking for gain provided by the amp, a low-wattage amp requires less power (volume) to "break up" if you're using the amp gain channel. If you're using pedals for gain. Roland JC-120 212 combo and call it a day. Loud, extremely clean, accepts pedals really well, and not very expensive especially used.

For vox...that's really hard in a small room to get volume without feedback. My room is 18x30 and it's hard to control feedback.
>>
File: theoryshitters btfo.png (503KB, 1224x1338px) Image search: [Google]
theoryshitters btfo.png
503KB, 1224x1338px
Proof theoryshitters are gaylords:

all 4 of these faggot scales/modes with gay ass names are the EXACT SAME THING
What does this mean you ask?
Its means everything on guitar is THE SAME THING, just with retarded names and moved around the neck with different "root" notes, yet all of the SCALE SHAPES don't change.
Theoryshitters will NEVER recover this is the ultimate blow to your shit
>>
>>71439629
>Could you play a minor pentatonic scale in other keys then what would be the difference?
scales are a set of intervals between notes

you can start on any note and play the next note at the appropriate interval

each starting note is a different key
>>
>>71439683 (me)

Fender amps work really well as low-wattage amps with lots of volume. No suggestions on what to get though, sorry.
>>
>>71439708
Okay that makes sense thank you
>>
>>71439683
>>71439729

>My room is 18x30 and it's hard to control feedback

Damn, my room is smaller than that(10x20). I've never really had problems with feedback when jamming though, unless the dumbass is pointing the mic at the speakers.

Probably use pedals for gain so it does not have to be turned up to 11. I've checked out the RC-120 and I was not really that impressed with it apart from the stereo feature, it sure is loud though.
I was thinking a marshall for humbucker guitars and a fender for single coils, does not have to be tube.
>>
File: 1480297353572.png (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480297353572.png
105KB, 800x600px
Is it beneficial to practice for longer than 2 hours in a single sitting.
>>
>>71439823
yes
>>
>>71439695
Well, yeah, modes are just a way to organize different permutations of a given set of notes. They are useful as a) an organizational tool for moving a particular scale around the fretboard and b) indicating specific characteristics (what we might call "moods") of a melody. For example, though they are technically the same scale, the relative starting points, and intervalic relationships, between C major and D Dorian produce different color tones and moods when played over the same chord. Modes also make useful guidelines for identifying which permutations of a scale will work best when played over a chord depending on its diatonic function in a given key.
>>
>>71439822
True...My previous jam spaces were a smallish bedroom when I was a kid, and a 12x14 loft. I've got huge Sunn PA speakers that take up a lot of space, and it's been hard to position them in such a way that they can be both heard and not in the line of a mic. Personal experience, so discount it if you want. Maybe you should....

Live sounds better when you can run as much as possible through the PA and rely as little as possible on the amps for volume. So if you're looking to build out a small room, small amps, put mics in front of them, spend your effort on a PA.

JC-120 is a superb stereo chorus amp. It is a bit loud though. There are other Rolands that are smaller...JC77, JC40. Smaller amps, similar head, less watts and maybe more manageable for you.
>>
>>71439920
Modes are really only useful for memorizing scale shapes because most guitarists refuse to learn how to read music for some reason.
>>
>>71439871
Have you ever tried practicing for a ridiculously long amount of time?
ex: Steve vais workout
>>
>>71439823
Ideally you should practice for ~45 minutes at a time with at least a 15 minute break between sessions. You're gonna have difficulty maintaining focus for 2 hours straight and the risk of injuring increases
>>
>>71439937
When I say huge Sunn speakers, it's just a pair of speakers. A bit bigger in footprint than similar 212 JBL's. 24x30 maybe. But it's a lot of real estate in a small practice space.
>>
>>71439987
Fair point about guitar players not learning to read music, but I do also think they are useful for improvisation. It's helpful to have some sense of "where things go" (or even how to break out of harmonic conventions) if you're essentially composing on the spot.
>>
>>71439937

I have an electronic kit I could run though the PA so then that could keep the overall volume at a reasonable level. Electronic kits sound good plugged straight into the mixer, could you just run a line out from the guitar amp instead of using a mic?

The last band I was in the singer could stand anywhere without causing feedback but would occasionally drop his hand down when standing beside a speaker and absolutely murder us.
Yeah the smaller sized speakers would be the best for a small space.
>>
>>71438888
Nice quads.
I had three. One when I was 1-2 years into classical guitar at around 10-11 years old, one when I was 17 and tried to play lead guitar in metal instead of rhythm, and one that started when I graduated and still isn't over (I am 25 now) as a result of trying to branch out into more genres but lacking the chops, and not being around worse guitar players to make me feel superior.
I've made my peace with not being the best player ever, I just try to learn new stuff and focus on improving my ears (I play from the head, not the heart and I want to change that). Just sucks when I listen to Scenes From A Memory and think "I would love to play this all the way through" but then I realize I can't do those sixteenth triplet runs.
>>
>>71438914
i think you mean eet
>>
>>71440167
Definitely run the drum kit through the PA if you can. You can run amps for guitar/bass directly to the board via direct boxes. Don't know exactly which ones to recommend. Behringer has a few. So does MXR. Then for vocals, an EQ (31 ban if possible) and a compressor (BBE MaxCom if possible) can help control peaks and pops and feedback..
>>
So /gg/ i'm working on learning Self Control by Frank Ocean by ear.

So far i've gotten what i presume to be the chord progression down (Am7 > Fm7 > Bm7 > E7) but i still have some blank spots to fill in, like the start of the song (after the pitch shifted intro and before the lyrics). From what i've been discussing with others it seems like they believe it's a Gmaj7, but all the little trills and hammer ons being played seems impossible for it to start off that way (unless i'm dumb and there's a variation of the chord that would allow for it). It sounds close enough to fit though.
>>
File: 1484801703291.png (129KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484801703291.png
129KB, 300x300px
>>71440452
>Frank Ocean
>Not Gambino
>Not Chance
>>
>>71439695

nice b8

>>71439920
>>71439987
>>71440099

you're both wrong

play the C major scale over a C major chord
then, play C lydian over a C major chord

you'll immediately understand why modes are important

if you get into the mindset of "hurrd durr E minor/B phrygian are the SAME NOTES!, etc etc" you'll never understand these concepts and your soloing will always be pleb shit
>>
>>71440529
>nigger posting
lmao@ yuh whole life faм
>>
I'm back again, still trying to figure out how to recreate the sounds starting at 2:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rb0ShFNio

Can anyone tell me what the fuck is going on with the feedback here?
>>
>>71440600
If you're going to ridicule someone at least make it more clear what you're ridiculing.
Are you calling me a nigger or are you calling drake a nigger?
>>
>>71440626

that's going to give me nightmares, thanks

my best guess is that he's singing into his guitar pickups. that or a terribly shitty mic that's too close to the PA
>>
File: ENHANCED-4766-1427417535-1.jpg (13KB, 317x322px) Image search: [Google]
ENHANCED-4766-1427417535-1.jpg
13KB, 317x322px
>>71440674
>>
>>71440691
>my best guess is that he's singing into his guitar pickups
I guess you're probably right.

I used to just think it was feedback + him running a screwdriver or something metallic up and down the neck while using the tremolo arm but I couldn't come close to recreating that.

I guess it's a human voice though.
>>
File: SillyLookingGuitarMan.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
SillyLookingGuitarMan.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Bumping before I go to bed so this shit doesn't die. See you lads in the morning
>>
Is it actually worth the extra money from Mexican Fender to American Fender ?
>>
>>71442140
Go and play a couple models of each, then decide which you like better.
The one American standard Strat I played so far actually sounded and felt worse than the two MIMs I tried.
>>
File: 61KhAVO7iwL._SL1000_.jpg (75KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61KhAVO7iwL._SL1000_.jpg
75KB, 1000x1000px
What headphones do you use for practice? My current Sennheiser HD 419 I find great, they're comfortable on my ears & play my music & game audio nicely, but when I plug them in my amp they sound pretty shit, especially compared to the amp itself.
>>
>>71442168
I've heard from people that you have more chances of finding the one with MIA true or false ?
>>
>>71442213
what did he mean by this
>>
File: IMG_2076.jpg (113KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2076.jpg
113KB, 1080x809px
Just your average Jazzmaster player here, trying to find a good Marshall amp for MBV cover s
>>
File: 1488789937157.jpg (46KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488789937157.jpg
46KB, 450x600px
>>71438888
when I run out of practice
>>
>>71442229
The one
>>
>>71442244
Is that dude, cant tell any more
>>
>>71442286
It's a jazzmaster.
>>
>>71442246
ran* idjit
>>
what artists or bass players do i listen to if i want to become a better bass player
>>
File: Harmonics.jpg (64KB, 272x340px) Image search: [Google]
Harmonics.jpg
64KB, 272x340px
>>71442545
Jaco Pastorius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsZ_1mPOuyk
>>
>>71438888
Right now.
Except I really do suck.
Pretty much all I can play are open chords and power chords. I'm a power chord machine though.
>>
File: virtuoso.jpg (85KB, 630x839px) Image search: [Google]
virtuoso.jpg
85KB, 630x839px
Can someone give me a quick rundown on Buckethead? What's his endgame? He's unanimously considered to be a fantastic player, but is his music any good? What does his face look like? Is he actually insane?
>>
>>71442878
He has a bucket on his head.
>>
>>71442878
Both his parents passed away in recent years and he was having health issues. He makes an album every week because of this. Thats what I heard anyway
>>
>>71442878
A friend told me back in HS that he was a chicken farmer and his chicken coop burnt down with him in it, leaving him scarred.
From that day forward he donned the mask to cover his face and the hat to remember all his chicken that died in the fire.
>>
>>71442878
Nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask.
>>
Every single one of you faggots needs to watch this and learn to fucking play

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ClRha6BPo
>>
Sup /gg/ fags i tried to produce some latin, tell me if i did well
https://clyp.it/y2d53lpn
>>
>>71442971
The chickens died on the fire thats on the KFC's oven?
>>
>>71443020
>i tried to produce some latin
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 9064.jpg (40KB, 382x605px) Image search: [Google]
9064.jpg
40KB, 382x605px
*glissando*
>>
>>71443052
your mother says: he meant latin music genres
>>
>>71442983
He's a big guy.
>>
>>71443031
You ever tried to keep a live chicken on a bbq.
Madness I tell ya, absolute madness.
>>
So I kind of want to buy a bass for my only friend, he doesn't have the money and is struggling to find a job but it just feels like it could help him find motivation and stuff...

He wanted to play bass for the last two years but couldn't and since now I have the situation and means..

But I have no idea how to do this, because what if I buy the wrong for him, if it just doesn't work, wrong neck shape, wrong string or even look, and yeah...

Any advice ? Anyone already bought an instrument FOR someone? :/

I always bought them for myself, never somebody else..

Kind of lurking on custom'77 Lust for life bass
>>
>>71443141
woops, forgot pic
>>
>>71443141
Set it up well.

Teach the basic adjusting and guitarcare BEFORE he sets out to do it himself and strips all the screws and learns to play on a banana.
>>
>>71443211
yeah, I would, he'd probably ask me to anyway huhu
>>
>>71443150
Nice, I hope you want him to fall in love with you because that's what is very most probably going to happen.
>>
>>71443074
For you.
>>
>>71443141
Take him to a shop and let him try some out. Also this >>71443211
>>
>>71443141
If he hasn't played before he probably won't know his own preference in regards to sound and feel
>>
>>71440581
This. Chord scale theory, cunce!
>>
>>71443141
Get a second hand VM Squier
>>
Go to the guitar store for the second time in two days and test more guitars that I won't be able to afford for 2 months or go home and cry myself to sleep knowing I will have to wait for a sweet strat in my life for another 2 months?
>>
>>71442244
>that jazzmaster
>that haircut

Jimena?
>>
Redpill me on Seymour-Duncan pickups guys. So far all I know is that some metal guys use them, but do they make anything that's nice for clean tones? I like single coils.
>>
>>71444185
Duncan SSL-1 and SSL-2 Strat pickups are medium output vintage-voiced. My current favourite Strat pickups are DiMarzio Area 58, Area 61, Area 67, nice classic single coil sound but noiseless. I've got all three waiting to go in a Strat right now but I never get round to doing the soldering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwubC7G0NZM
>>
>>71444279
>demoing pickups with distortion
>whammy wankery
>pentatonic
>skinny manlet
>high low test voice
REEEEEE
>>
>>71443473
I understand that's what should happen, even though I should try them for him, since he wouldn't be able to play them...
feels like it would kind of ruin the surprise though, I'm definitely not going to buy you an instrument, but let's go to the shop so you can see which one you prefer! :/
>>
>>71444318
Yes, but they do sound fucking marvellous don't they
>>
>>71444399
I couldn't tell from the video.
In any case the only way to tell whether pickups sound good is to go and play them yourself. The microphone, sound processing and your computer speakers seriously alter the sound to the point where you can't really form an opinion, nevermind amps and effects the demoer might be using.
>>
>>71439215
Hold your fingers like your holding a pick and use your fingertip/nail as the striking edge
>>
>>71444418
True, but I don't think any amount of effects and processing can inject that Stratty twang. Besides, I've got loads of guitars with Seymour Duncans in and I wanted to try something different.
>>
>>71442244
>>71443886
Anyway. I'm a memegazer too. Post budget, head/combo, etc. I'll try to give you local recs.
>>
>>71439823
Yes but dont learn 5 new things. Limit new stuff so you dont overload your brain.
>>
>>71439695
I'll reply to the bait:

But you emphasize different tones within those scales depending on which one you are playing.
>>
I know this isn't a piano thread but I'm pretty sure you're the only guys who would know.
I'm buying a book with the piano sheet music for wolf children from Japan, however, I'm not sure if the book will be the same reading wise as it would for the US. I know the west and east are different music theory wise but would the sheet music be the same for both? Will I still be able to read the sheet music and play or did I just blow money for a book I can't read?
>>
>>71439629
>So this is probably a retardedly obvious question but what exactly is a key?
A set of tones. For example, the key of C Major is the set of tones C, D, E, F, G, A, B.

>I just started learning and one of the things I've looked up is the minor pentatonic scale and everywhere the instructor teaches the E minor pentatonic scale but what does that mean?
Pentatonic scales are 5 tone scales that are a subset of tones from a 7 tone major (or minor) scale. If you're just starting out, you should probably treat E Minor Pentatonic (the tones E, G, A, B, D) as a subset of the key of E Minor (E, F#, G, A, B, C, D). You'll notice that the E Minor Pentatonic scale's notes are all found in the key of E Minor.
>>
File: 5[1].jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
5[1].jpg
103KB, 800x600px
>>71444554
Standard music notation should be pretty universal. I buy a lot of Japanese guitar mags and I can't read the articles, but I can follow along with the tab and music notation.
>>
>>71444554
Should be fine. Sheet music is standard notation for most music now barring specific oddities like tablature. Youre playing piano or planning on translating to guitar?
>>
>>71444555
The key is the harmonic "center" of a piece of music. Otherwise it would be impossible to play, say, a C# note while in the key of E minor.
>>
>>71444603
>>71444606
Thanks for answering
I play bass but am learning the music for piano, I have translated some of the songs I've learned on piano to bass though, it's fun stuff.
>>
>>71444655
I just think of the C# note as using as passing tone, or borrowing a note from another key.
>>
>>71444683
It's a nice note to emphasize in blues, not just as a passing note.
>>
>>71444710
If we're talking about an E Minor Blues, the C# implies the E Dorian Mode. So you're borrowing a note from E Dorian.
>>
>>71444735
No, I'm playing in the key of E bluesminorian without borrowing any other notes.
>>
>>71444735
Or actually, I'd think of it as playing in the KEY of E Dorian, because major 6ths and minor 6ths don't usually sound that great together unless you're using one as a passing tone. I digress. I think both ways are valid ways to think about it.
>>
>>71444735
if I never hear another E minor blues again, I'll die happy
>>
>>71437992
>>71439627
15 years
mate wha the hell you better start practicing like 8 hours a day
>>
>>71444854
Some of us have jobs, kids and wives.
>>
>>71440581
>>71443520

>>71439920 literally described exactly that, did you even read the post?
>>
File: IMG_2406.jpg (536KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2406.jpg
536KB, 1920x1440px
Just some shit I dick around with.
>>
>>71444968
the freeze one <3
>>
>>71444968
>that Klon tho

Nice board.
>>
File: IMG_2417.jpg (2MB, 3021x3573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2417.jpg
2MB, 3021x3573px
>>71444968
Pic2

The guitars
>>
Is the cruiser by crafter strat supposed to be completely silent in the middle position? Friend told me it was but I have my serious doubts.
>>
>>71444380
>>71443150
>>71443141

Well... I purchased it,
I can't help it, I do things as they pass my mind.

It feels like a very fine instrument;
I started guitar on a piece of shit,
that should be so cool to start playing bass on I can't wait to see is face :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etKq1XdLdeA
>>
>>71444956
>quit job
>break up with wife
>abandon kids
>get depression
>try to kill yourself
>fail
>become drug addicted
>play guitar 8 hours a day

maybe in 15 years you can play the intro to enter sandman
>>
>>71445075
Not him but just saying. Seems like the average age here is like 17
>>
Best way to record your guitar? Should I just get an audio interface?
Also, how can I make a solo project without drums?
>>
>>71445514
A microphone
>>
File: squier.jpg (88KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
squier.jpg
88KB, 800x800px
Squier strat for $40, is it real? This headstock looks really weird.
>>
>>71445514
microphone
audio interface
Toontracks EZDrummer
>>
>>71438888
probably in year four, been playing seventeen now and I'm very very good
>>
File: 1476349311836.jpg (29KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
1476349311836.jpg
29KB, 399x385px
>>71445669
>Thinking someone would fake a Squier strat
>>
>>71445669
>Affinity

walk away or waste your $$$
>>
File: 1479398033338.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1479398033338.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
>>71445677
Toontrack EZDrummer was a pretty good idea. Thanks my man
>>
>>71445696
Alright, what about a Squier standard strat for $124? I really want a Strat.
>>
>>71445729
Save your cash for a mexican Fender unless you're going to buy your first guitar.
>>
>>71445750
Alright, thanks anon.
>>
>>71445729
Squires are really hit and miss, Get a Yamaha Pacifica 012 if you can't wait, save for a Standard Fender Strat.
>>
>>71445791
MIM or MIA?
>>
>>71445669
How does one fuck up so bad during the restringing process?
>>
>>71445794
MIA, don't waste your time and money with upgrade memes. The Pacifica will hold you over.
>>
>>71445831
How much of a difference is there between the MIA and MIM?
>>
>>71444993
full pic and name of the brown semi-hollow es looking one?
>>
>>71445669
Real. I bought an affinity for 50 bucks in guitar center once on vacation just to have somthin to fuck with. Wasn't bad really for a 50 guitar. Traded it for a case years later.
>>
>>71445794
MIA, there's soooo many setup problems and bad workmanship on MIMs these days the US Fenders are easily worth the extra money now
>>
>>71445845
How much difference is there between an ok guitar and a good guitar?
>>
>>71438888
I'm on it right now. Something tells me that when you start learning at 30 and can only play Blitzkrieg Bop after six months because power chords are literally the only chords you know, it's time to accept that you're not made for this. Well, that and feeling absolutely no joy when playing.
>>
File: rc7nberjichcm3kzi7mq[1].jpg (86KB, 465x620px) Image search: [Google]
rc7nberjichcm3kzi7mq[1].jpg
86KB, 465x620px
$450 on reverb. Should I go for it?
>>
I'm considering unironically buying the Guitar Super System on udemy.

Thoughts? I figure it's much cheaper than a single lesson with most real life teachers and has much more content
>>
>>71438957
This is the same shit that happened to me. I had a group of kids I jammed with when I just played the drums, then one day I got tired of feeling like a music theory moron so I took a class and picked up a guitar. Within a year I was a solid notch above the guys I played with on the guitar and bass too. Felt good and bad, because they all got pissed due to my super lackadaisical attitude about playing guitar.
>>
>>71446156
if you didn't start playing in your teens or earlier then you will never be good

sorry but them's the breaks, I never knew of anyone who got good by starting to play later than 20
>>
>>71446156
Doesn't matter how bad you suck or how great you are, music isn't a competition. I'm 28 and have fun playing guitar even though anyone who took classes for more than a few years can play circles around me.
>>
>>71446634
Pretty much this. And not just for guitar, but basically any instrument.

>>71446645
You can't really have fun if you suck, though.
>>
>>71446373
too many knobs
>>
File: YES.jpg (472KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
YES.jpg
472KB, 2560x1440px
>>71437992
I've been playing bass for around 6 years now. One of my favorites to play is Eagle Fly Free by Helloween.

pic related, my bass
>>
>>71437992
3 months exactly, as of today.
i know the first 17 bars to rabea massad's musicium solo, and a rather simple warm up riff rob scallon wrote.
tinyurl/j2hul9d
tinyurl/jczk99o
>tfw utter shit but getting better
>>
>>71446727
Sweet bass bro

I'm thinking of getting EMG's signature Geezer Butler pickups and from what I read the P pickups sound better than the PJs. I have a PJ set up on my bass and my question is, is it smart to mix pickups? Thinking over getting the Geezer Ps and maybe a good J pick up to go with.
>>
>>71446058
What about an older MIM? Were they of a decent quality?
>>
>>71446849
My MIM Strat is from the early 90's and plays better than any new MIA I've played and I've tried MANY MIA Fenders lately
>>
>>71438888
Everytime I try to play some complicated music. Then I -member that I don't know shit about theory and don't know how to solo. Then I quit for a month or two and come back. Wash, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>71446824
I mean, mixing pickups is a fine idea generally. With a PJ though, I'd like to be able to shut off the J though, so if you're going to do it, figure out a kill switch for the J.

The Geezer Butler P pickup is a really nice one though, totally go for it.
>>
>>71446156
It takes years to develop good skills. Dont let the shitters get to you. Patience bears incredible fruit with music.
>>
>>71446156
keep going six months isn't long
>>
>>71446955
yeah thanks man those Geezers are legit. Before I heard them, my other option was bananas though. I was thinking of stacking two 50's style P bass pickups in the P position. I really like Dusty Hill's signature bass' pickups made by Seymour Duncan. I might have bought two to stack or one Duncan teamed up with a Fralin 51 pickup.

I normally have the J completely off but if I get new pickups I was think off maybe rolling a little bit of the J pickup into the overall sound

might track down some Fender Single Super 55 or a similar sounding pickup as my main Js

thanks /gg/ for helping me through my blog post
>>
Someone's selling a lefty MIM Strat for $270, but I'm right handed. Should I buy it and just reverse the strings?
>>
>>71447327
no
>>
>>71447290
I mean, that'd sound pretty cool but rolling on the Geezer pickups is probably a way better option

I wish you luck in finding that 55 though, i couldn't find them the last time I looked
>>
>>71447168
>>71447241
I get it, yeah. It's that I'm getting nowhere right now, and playing feels like a chore rather than a fun activity. Guitar seems ill-suited to be a recreational activity for a single person who isn't doing it for the sake of making music, getting into/forming a band or trying to get laid. It just feels like I'm only playing because I bought the damn thing and it would be a damn shame to let it sit there collecting dust. Actually tried selling it, but it's a lefty so literally nobody gave a fuck.
>>
>>71446849
The older MIM are worse than the new one's. If you want a guitar coated in an eighth of an inch of plastic, have at it. I own an Elite and have played down the line, there is a notable difference when you drop to MIM.
>>
Any thoughts on chapman guitars? i'm loving how the new line is looking, and i've been lusting after the LP body design forever but i don't feel like dropping $1000+ on a decent LP
>>
>>71447430
Just get a used Edwards. Or ESP eclipse.
>>
>>71447327
no
>>
>>71447430
don't give money to that repellent oaf
>>
>>71447490
thanks my man
>>71447535
could you be more specific with your criticisms? if there's something i don't know about chapman, i'd like to hear it
>>
>>71447535
>repellent oaf

how dare you
take that back right this instant
>>
>>71447430
Overpriced as fuck due to Chapper's e-celeb status amongst guitarists. If you've got the money, you'd be better off getting a custom job from a proper luthier. Then you can have it look any way you want and get just the right sound.
>>
>>71447386
Get into writing/recording your own songs mate. Get a free DAW like Reaper, and youre away
>>
>>71447747
I have absolutely zero creative talent and interest to make music. Was just looking for a way to entertain myself when I picked up a guitar.
>>
>>71447705

I've never understood this guy's status either. Every time I hear him play, no matter how nice of gear, he's got a shit tone with way too much gain.
>>
>>71446634
>>71446677
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryo_Fukui
>>
>>71447964
I first heard of him from Scott Grove's channel when they apparently had a dispute over toan woods. Checked out one video of his where he unscientifically tries to prove that toan woods are legit a thing and promptly dismissed him.
>>
>>71447986
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Montgomery

its almost like /gg/ has no idea what theyre talkiing about
>>
>>71447386
I understand what you mean. I suck but the reason I got guitar was to supplement my love for music so I still enjoy myself.
>>
>>71448033
>however, he had played a four string tenor guitar since age twelve
any experience with a music and instruments at a young age is an advantage, this doesnt count
>>
>>71447986
So he was 22 when he began and spent 6 years learning before becoming good enough to cut a record. By 30 he was basically at the top of his game and able to live off music. Not quite the same as just picking up an instrument for the first time when you're 30, at which point you're gonna be a slower learner as well, meaning that if he started at 30 he probably wouldn't have gotten really good until he was 40. And by that age you're about two decades into adult life, about to hit your midlife crisis, and busy with a job, family, mortgage, and a bunch of other "grown up" shit that isn't really an issue when you're still a teen and can dedicate your entire free time, energy, and enthusiasm (all things which you've got way more of) towards an instrument.
>>
>>71448242
Either stop making excuses and do what you want or wallow in your self pitty. I don't really give a fuck.
>>
>>71447386
Yeah, you need to find the passion in it. Learn another song you like and play along. Dexterity is earned for most people. Like the other guys said try recording. I just discovered the recorder on my phone. Suddenly im painfully aware of every little mistake i make. Still fun though. Maybe try singing along
>>
>>71448242
Your youth is showing.
>>
>>71448308
I was just making a point that Fukui was a bad example of someone who started late, as he was still pretty young when he began learning. The fact is that music, at least if you're planning on getting any good, is a young man's game. If I hadn't started back in my teens, I'm pretty sure I'd be making one of those "help me find motivation" posts right now.
>>
>>71447964
its because he isnt judged for his tone.
He's a kind individual and very genuine, had the oppertunity to have a chat with him and he isn't one of those guys that lets his e-celeb status go to his head, he's very humble.

More power to him.
>>
>>71440581
c lydian only adds an f# note to the notes of the c major scale

its just one note, everything else is the same
so go fuck yourself
>>
>>71448374
>music, at least if you're planning on getting any good, is a young man's game
Bullshit. Maybe rockstardom. But music is anyones game.
>>
File: 1468216116225.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468216116225.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
I just ordered this, that's my first bass
The hype is REAL.

Please tell me I did fine :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhukFWB3cxE
>>
>>71448472
well, I got the sunburst one but that's this model :)
>>
>>71447350
if you need some here
https://www.amazon.com/Fender-Single-Super-Split-Pickup/dp/B005M35AXW
>>
New toy /gg/
>>
>>71448710
fuck me i didn't even think to look on amazon

i'm a dummy
>>
>>71448472
looks way ok to begin with
I don't like the head but the body is really nice
>>
>>71437929
I want to buy a Boss Katana, I think? 50 or 100W version?
>>
>>71448863
Don't do it. They're not that good.
>>
>>71448996
Literally every demo I heard sounded really good. Am I being tricked?
>>
Imagine being this guy >>71443819
>>
>>71448738
YOU LUCKY MOTHERFUCKER IM TRYING TO SAVE UP FOR ONE
>>
File: 1475375504883.gif (961KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1475375504883.gif
961KB, 500x281px
>>71449036
>tfw same thing happens but they compliment my playing
>>
>>71448738
Sweet. Now you can be the hipster trash shoegaze guitarist you've always wanted to be.
>>
>>71449036
Fuck'em, time to dial to 11 and stomp on the TS9
>>
>>71449094
Its the only pedal ive ever bought though
>>
>>71448738
fuckkkk that's nice. what you think of it so far?

>>71448778
lol I was shocked Amazon had it listed too. thank you google.

>>71449036
pretty sure the guy who yelled at him doesn't even play guitar.

>>71448472
sounds nice and wooly like an eb bass.
>>
>>71449032
They"re just not as good as other modellers. Roland CUBE and Mustang III V2 are better. Just tying to save you a headache and some time.
>>
>>71449134
And that's all you need.
>>
>>71449197
I think I'll stick with what I have and play my guitar through my bass rig.
>>
File: 1484708895391.jpg (83KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
1484708895391.jpg
83KB, 600x799px
>>71449078
>tfw as soon as they do that i go in my apartment and play noise guitar
>>
>>71449210
I was really looking foreward to it, but am completly disappointed. I'll just keep saving for my Tweed.
>>
>>71449319
I'm just playing guitar on the side, I'm a bassist. I can't really justify spending a lot of money on a guitar amp, might as well run it through my bass rig and twiddle with the knobs until it sounds okay.
>>
When I don't touch any metal part of my bass I can hear a high pitched electric noise.

Is this because of bad isolation of my bass' electronics?

Could a DI-Box (passive? active?) help?
>>
>>71449657
Sounds like something's not grounded, check all the grounding in the bass for loose or missing wires.
>>
>>71449657
See
http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2015/04/15/solving-bass-hum-problems-grounding-vs-shielding/
>>
>>71449890
Thanks alot, anon.

So it's a shielding issue. That site also has a guide on how to DIY shielding. I'll try that.
>>
>>71449943
just don't buy "guitar specific" copper tape
>>
>>71450073
So any will do?
>>
>>71450085
I read the best is the self adhesive copper tape garden centres sell to stop slugs climbing trees etc, srsly
>>
>tfw your dad is a literal blooz guitar dad and its influenced your taste in music

i mean i love stevie ray vaughan and eric clapton and my dad basically worships them

source: i'm drunk and jamming to texas flood
>>
File: gretsch double jet.jpg (119KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
gretsch double jet.jpg
119KB, 1250x1250px
Anyone played Gretsch Electromatic double jet here (the ones with the black filter'tron) ?

Played a red one today through a Fender Deluxe VM and really liked it. Might pick it up later this month.
>>
>>71450470
You should be thankful. My dad listens to shit like Kenny Loggins and Top 40 radio.
>>
File: Otto_Mann.png (52KB, 294x370px) Image search: [Google]
Otto_Mann.png
52KB, 294x370px
Average /gg/ player
>>
>>71450722
>Kenny Loggins
>Shit

wow rude
>>
>>71450727
my name is otto

and i looooooove to get blotto
>>
File: Lobster Harmonica.jpg (60KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Lobster Harmonica.jpg
60KB, 500x374px
>>71450855
>>
how do i get the tone of say coroner or celtic frost? specifically mental vortex or to mega therion.
>>
>>71451151
>implying anyone would know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
can using my tremolo bar fuck up my action? i think i'm just imagining things but i wanna make sure

also what would a blown tube sound like in an amp?
>>
/gg/ I finished my first track mix ever, i just wanna know what you guys think. I'm really influenced by opeth, wintersun, amon amarth, agalloch,etc.

https://clyp.it/mi2nneup
>>
>>71451227
anyone who has good taste in metal would.
>>
>>71451331
lmao
>>
>>71451227

I know what he's talking about. Unfortunately I don't know what gear CF used on megatherion.
>>
>>71451350
i know metal is autist music but thats why i like those particular releases. they arent all fantasy related, they just have some really nice riffs without all the sperg stuff on top.
>>
How do I find a replacement nut for a squier jazzmaster? Suggestions?
>>
>>71451785
nothing like a good Nutt
>>
>>71451785
nuttin bout it
>>
>>71451785
you have the ENTIRE internet available to you and you choose to ask some gaylords on 4chan

just kill yourself you stupid fucking idiot

http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Nuts_and_Saddles/Slotted_Unbleached_Bone_Nut.html
>>
Every electric guitar except the Telecaster was a mistake
>>
>>71451928
Teles suck
>>
After having had a £40 classical Stagg for a few years (and loving it), I'm thinking it's time to upgrade to a guitar that will better suit an intermediate. Looking for something that has more body to the sound, but will still allow fingerpicking to be relatively easy. What is the Yamaha FG series like?
>>
>>71451936
>tfw play tele loaded with emg 60/81
Feels good mane
>>
File: GeLQABw.jpg (2MB, 2580x4807px) Image search: [Google]
GeLQABw.jpg
2MB, 2580x4807px
I feel like my audio quality is gradually getting better with each song I record.

As usual, give me an opinion, /gg/.

https://clyp.it/kjs0lw5z
>>
>>71452032
Your guitars are all jammed in the center of the stereo field. Track the rhythm twice and pan them all the way left and right. I'd widen the lead and harmony a bit too, but that's up to you. Nice playing
>>
>>71451979
I haven't tried the FG series in particular, but I do have an entry level Yamaha classical guitar and I've messed around with a few of their basses, too. From my experience I'd never hesitate to recommend yamaha for stringed instruments because they have really good quality control. If it appeals to you, I'd just go for it; I doubt you'll regret it.
>>
File: 15691934089_5db6671b7e_b.jpg (453KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
15691934089_5db6671b7e_b.jpg
453KB, 1024x768px
should I buy this from my work? Never had a semihollow before
>>
>>71452205
Everything I do is self taught so I only understood like 5% of what you said but I'll look into it
>Nice playing
Thanks!
>>
>>71452032
Is that Dean positioned differently than the rest, or is the body really that big?
>>
>>71452272
Nah, the fucking thing is huge. Which is good because more wood = more natural sustain
>>
File: PB.jpg (91KB, 640x230px) Image search: [Google]
PB.jpg
91KB, 640x230px
Reminder that Les Paul didn't invent the iconic Les Paul shape Paul Bigsby did
>>
>>71452340
reminder nobody fucking cares
>>
>>71452367
Go be disgusting somewhere else
>>
>>71452367
rome dont be rude
>>
>>71451895
I wanted to know what everyone else uses and recommends. Not every discussion needs to be stomped out by arbitrary name-calling
>>
Reminder that girls aren't impressed by guitar
>>
>>71452465
Reminder that sweaty metal dudes are very impressed by guitar
>>
>>71452465
We're all open with our homosexuality here anon
>>
File: john-mayer.jpg (58KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
john-mayer.jpg
58KB, 344x344px
>>71452465
They are if you're John Mayer
>>
>>71452465
Met some drunk chick at a house gig. She kept saying she wanted the bassists dick.
>>
>>71452408
nobody is impressed by your useless guitar trivia, and nobody really cares either. maybe that's why you suck so bad at playing lol.
>>
>>71452548
Is a fucking Guitar thread.
>that's why you suck so bad at playing
>projecting
>>
>>71452578
all you bro, i'm fucking amazing at guitar. but i can tell by the way you reply that you're really insecure. get help with that ok.
>>
>>71452340
It still has "Paul" in the name.
>>
>>71452594
>calls me insecure
>starts throwing insults
>>
>>71452528
because bassists know how to finger
>>
>>71452249
Does it play well?
>>
>>71452644
This is true
>>
>>71452674
It plays pretty well, kind of feels like my acoustic. but I'm never blown away by the sound of humbuckers. Maybe a pickup swap would net me more high end and a crisper tone? I can also get my boss to come down quite a bit on the price. They claim it's our best es-335 copy in the shop.
>>
>>71452032
the mixing is fucking terrible
other than that, I like it
>>
>>71452515
They mostly like that he sings, he could ditch the guitar permanently and still get flocks of women
>>
>>71452032
Pretty neat. I kinda like the dense, video gamey sound.
>>
>>71438888
Briefly when learning the F chord for the first time. But what's helped me is that I'm not trying to get good, just good enough that I can more easily follow what guitarists are playing by watching them when I'm at a gig or in a jam session. It's not that difficult to get competent at guitar if you manage your expectations and practice effectively.
>>
Any alternative for Asio4All? I want to chat with my friend and play at the same time. I'm using GR5.
>>
File: 4__58391.1470327196.1280.1280.jpg (67KB, 824x294px) Image search: [Google]
4__58391.1470327196.1280.1280.jpg
67KB, 824x294px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9tq0fXOnyg

>played cello in school
>tune guitar in cgdaaa sometimes with good results
>pic related comes along

Am I a dumb hipster fuck for seriously considering this instrument?
>>
File: 1484337354019.jpg (58KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484337354019.jpg
58KB, 768x960px
Name 2 new bands you've been listening to so I got more to listen to
What qualifies as new 2002+

Raven Eye
Stuck in the Sound
>>
I tried Porcupine Tree recently, they were around before 2002 but In Absentia was released in '03 and sounds very characteristic of early 2000s music
>>
>>71453250
Oranssi Pazuzu and Batushka
>>
Best string gauge for electric?
>>
>>71453250
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Preoccupations
>>
>>71453250
sauce on that semen demon
>>
>>71453353
.07 - .38
>>
File: 203555.jpg (32KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
203555.jpg
32KB, 225x350px
>>71452548
>guitar thread
>useless guitar trivia
I don't even know why I'm bothering to reply to this low hanging bait..
>>
>>71453544
stop it mr. gibbons before someone gets hurt
>>
>>71453595
new thread
>>
File: youarehere.png (860KB, 500x1362px) Image search: [Google]
youarehere.png
860KB, 500x1362px
>>71453326
>Oranssi Pazuzu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1HyOz-y8UI
Does anyone have a tab for this? The only ones I've found are incomplete.
>>
>>71453353
11s
>>
Anus
>>
>friend has mim strat
>rosewood
Barf
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.