[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this country so much better than every other asian country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 1280px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png (17KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
17KB, 1280x853px
why is this country so much better than every other asian country in terms of good music?
>>
>>71433944
because they love the big american cock
>>
Because they're better than every other Asian country at everything
>>
>>71433944
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rety4bvvJPw
but japan music cute!
>>
>>71433944
Fuck off cultural tourist weaboo
>>
>>71433967
What did he mean by this
>>
>>71433948
>>71433967
These.
>>
>>71433944
Japan takes a lot more of the modern culture of the west than most other asian countries which is why there are a lot of strong japanese rock bands, which I'm guessing is what you're referring to.
>>
>>71433983
What did he mean by this
>>
>>71433975
This is making me blush
>>
Because it's the best place to live in Asia by a country mile
>>
>>71433948
>>71434006
These. They are more heavily influenced by western culture than any other country over there. Comparatively most other countries only get the bare mainstream minimal exposure of western culture.
>>
Link me to some good Japanese folk metal then.
>>
I can't stop listening to Japanese shoegaze lads. What do?
>>
>>71434064
Whispered.

>>71434118
Get into actual Japanese noise rock/harsh noise guys. Take it to the next level.
>>
Guys i need help to remember the name of a band.
Its formed by a japanese guy and a japanese girl, i dont remember if they are siblings or a couple.
I think the name was something like "the <ching chong> brothers" or something like that.
They do something like folk-pop waltz and melodic stuff.
They have a song named something something waltz that haves some lines that go like "my love, my something" "the other side of the moooon"
I cant remember their name and is driving me INSANE
pls respond
>>
>>71434156
Fishmans-Long Season
>>
>>71434167
It isn't that one, they have an album cover that is the face of the girl rounded with flowers and they are just two japs; but thanks for the rec anyway
>>
>>71434130
>Whispered
That's Finnish melodeath though.
>>
american occupation
>>
>>71434064
Quest for Blood
>>
File: cover.jpg (1MB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1MB, 1425x1425px
can we talk about how this is the best Jpop album released in years?
>>
>>71434235
sheena ringo - shoso trip
>>
They don't have much space on their islands to build football fields for the kids to hang out in, but they do have a bunch of extra bucks, so they just buy music equipment that they build or sometimes invent anyway.
>>
>>71434505
is this why they have so many robots
>>
>>71434297
>have lyrics in japanese
>japanese inspired aesthetic
>not japanese
What in the fuck? I could've sworn...then I am not sure. Maybe Quest For Blood?
>>
>>71434055
>Kek when South Korea, the country that America fucking adopted, exists

still shitty music tho, rock scene is wayy fuckin smaller
>>
>>71434167
>>71434495
Thanks for your help friend of mine, but i found it.
My descriptions were horrible, i missed pretty much everything.
This is the band and the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60SWA2hii0w
>>
>>71434605
South Korea does have western inspired music though. Not sure why Japan ended up having more of a rock scene that's known outside of the country while Korea is more known for K-pop. Is there any specific Jap band that might have really influenced other Japanese rock bands? I can't really think of anything, my knowledge of Japanese rock is sorta limited.
>>
>>71434700
I was kidding about Fishmans dude sorry if I confused you. It's a meme.
>>
>>71433944
because they actually have culture unlike those brown ones
>>
>>71434605
Much smaller population. Also still gets a lot of traction whether it's movies like Old Boy, mainstream music like Kpop stuff, or avant teen stuff like Okyung Lee.
>>
>>71434724
you say that like they're bad
>>
>>71434724
why are you like this with me, i genuinely needed help.
anyways i was looking for new music so i guess i have to hear them now.
why are they a m e m é
>>
File: Fishmans_Long_Season.jpg (179KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
Fishmans_Long_Season.jpg
179KB, 600x597px
>>71434776
*shits in toilet*
>>
>>71434850
hhaha I saw that meme on facebook too
>>
>>71433948
Most of my favorite japanese musicians cite european/northern european artists as their main inspiration/influence.
>>
>>71434880
I didn't know long season was a popular Facebook meme
>>
Japan was influenced by American culture much earlier than other Asian countries. Really pretty simple.
>>
>>71434064
Oto-Oni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJpQkjklnYA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90klLJpIc6M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFqnpdz5Ymw
>>
>>71434938
Japan's western influence started with Portugal in like the 1800s.
I think when japanese people think of the west, they mostly think of europe, places like France, Spain, Germany (the whole electronic scene in Japan in the 70s and 80s was heavily influenced by Germany - look up Nagomu Records, they were basically fanboys of the kraut scene).

South Korea is more like asian USA, Japan is more like their own thing, definitely more european-influenced than american, at least in terms of art.
>>
>>71434973
>South Korea is more like asian USA

This. Which explains why K-pop made it big in the USA and not J-pop.
K-pop borrowed heavily from american pop and r&b, while J-pop always remained european (I mean, J-pop is basically EURObeat)
>>
>>71433944
name ONE good japanese band. They don't exist.
>>
>>71435084
Yellow Magic Orchestra.
Moonriders.
The Alfee.

Whoops, I named 3.
>>
>>71435084
>Merzbow
>Rallizes

is this even a bait?

>inb4 noisefag reporting in
>>
>>71435084
Nageki Shito
Uchoten
The Williard
P-Model
Guernica
Tama
The Godfathers
Denki Groove
D'erlanger
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.