[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Launchfag here, I got this album in 96, is it their best? Personally,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: thBUOOPUZ7.jpg (11KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
thBUOOPUZ7.jpg
11KB, 300x259px
Launchfag here, I got this album in 96, is it their best?

Personally, I love the first half of Portrait a LOT, and Mech Animals too. Kinda stopped listening after that because whenever I heard a new manson song it was like eh.

Inb4 bowie ripoff, shut the fuck up lol.
>>
>>71426009
>bowie ripoff
said no one ever
>>
>>71426045
/mu/ fags always compare them
>>
OP here. Makes me sad that Daisy wasn't around to reap the benefits of AS.

John5 was awesome though. I used to love Zim Zum a lot but it was more about his image. Daisy was AS. (antichrist superstar)
>>
>>71426094
literally no one has ever made that comparison and implying that they have has only inflated the self-importance of this post
>>
>>71426356
hell you on about? people are constantly on here saying 'manson is a david bowie wannabe'. I'm trying to be patient with you. Don't insult me, this isn't /v/.
>>
>>71426402
also self importance... ok. Have another drink mate.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9hav-3J9E

my fave live one, love how they put it together
>>
>>71426402
if anything he is compared to alice cooper, not fucking david bowie kek

this is you brian, isn't it...
>>
>>71426704
nope not brian

stay here long enough every cunt says manson is just a bowie ripoff

anyway, ive seen it constantly s0o I'm moving on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJsj7PW_2ok

uncensored
>>
don't care if u watch at this point, just posting it in case u want to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq1sHDwpgqo
>>
>>71426009
Portrait and Antichrist Superstar were the best. Mechanical Animals was pretty good but I find myself skipping half the songs. Same with Holy Wood. Everything after that was terrible
>>
>>71426856
The pre-Reznor portrait mixes are an interesting take on that album if you want to hear something different. I tend to listen to the pre-Reznor mixes more these days since the album version gets old after 20 years
>>
>>71426856

its been a while but I remember mech animals been a start to finish album, need to give it another try tho

AS and Portrait are god tier, especially AS. You don't have to be emo to appreciate the musical genius on that album.
>>
pale emperor is better than his garbage phase (basically everything post holywood) by a long shot.
>>
>>71426856 (me)
>>71426923
I probably need to give it another start to finish listen too. I admit I mostly skip the songs out of habit... last time I listened straight through was around the time it came out.
>>
>>71426921
when you say pre-reznor do you mean the early 4 track tape demos, or the Swan's produced version of Portrait?
>>
>>71427042
>everything post holywood
>dwindling album sales
>piss poor concert attendance
>disconnect from majority of fan base
>replacement of actual devoted band member with studio musicians

you must be right
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.