[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: post an artist and their 3 best songs. 1. Starless 2. In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

File: kc red.jpg (97KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kc red.jpg
97KB, 1000x1000px
ITT: post an artist and their 3 best songs.

1. Starless
2. In The Court of The Crimson King
3. Epitaph
>>
>>71424179
Starless
Talking Drum
Indiscipline
>>
>>71424179
Larks Tongues in Aspic Part 1
Fracture
Cirkus
>>
>>71424179
Starless
Lizard
Epitaph
>>
>>71424179
have you only listened to red and itcotck
>>
>>71424460
That was my immediate thought, as well
>>
>>71424179
21st Century Schizoid Man
Pictures of a City
Sailor's Tale
>>
OP is out of threads
>>
>>71424496
lmfao
>>
01. Watcher of the Skies
02. The Cinema Show
03. Visions of Angels
>>
>>71424179
01-I Talk To The Wind
02-Fallen Angel
03-Exiles
>>
>>71424534
I'd have gone with

Supper's Ready
Dancing with the Moonlit Knight
Firth of Fifth

myself, but I do like your choices as well. WotS is a banger.
>>
>>71424179
>Easy money
>21st century schizoid man
>the night watch
>>
>>71424564
I'm with you on I Talk to the Wind. Massively underrated song, in its GG&F incarnation, too.
>>
>All this disagreement in the best songs in the KC catalogue ITT

It's a testament to the depth of quality in their discography.
>>
>>71424570
I love those songs you chose as much as the songs I posted. I only didn't, because most people would post the songs you posted. Peter's era is great.

Good choice.
>>
>>71424179
Starless
Fracture
Discipline
>>
>>71424619
Ah yes, I see. Good taste yourself. I was pondering including Can Utility and the Coastlines and The Musical Box for the same reason, but then I thought I had to stay loyal to the classics. Could have thrown in something from The Lamb as well, but I don't think it's a very track-centric album, more the whole experience.
>>
>>71424616
When I read history of KC I thought Fripp was a dick that disbanded the band multiple times and had arguments with pretty much everone else.
Later I realised he was just doing quality control
>>
>>71424679
If only he'd done the same to the Discipline Lineup before it shat out Beat and 3oaPP. Or just got rid of Below, desu, he had served his purpose by that point. Shame Jakko didn't join earlier, he is very talented.
>>
>>71424460
>>71424472
I've listened to almost all their stuff, but those two are my favorites. They were the first KC material I ever heard also so maybe I'm biased towards those albums.
>>
>>71424713
>hating on ToaPP
>liking Jakko
Fripp has lost it getting Jakko on as singer with that godawful voice of his.
>>
>>71424534
Supper's Ready
The Musical Box
Blood On The Rooftops
>>
>>71424731
He was much better in his solo stuff, before he got old. Hence, I wish he'd joined sooner.
>>
>>71424179

1. In the wake of Poseidon
2. Starless
3. In the court of the Crimson King
>>
>>71424734
blood on the rooftop is awesome.
gabriel genesis
1.dancing with the moonlit knight
2.carpet crawlers
3.supper's ready
phil collins genesis
much hardr for me, but still
1.duchess
2.ripples
3.you might recall
>>
>>71424942
wtf have i written. i don't even like duchess or you might recall that much
>>
>>71424534
>>71424570
1. Watcher of the Skies
2. Can-Utility and the Coastliners
3. Supper's Ready
Foxtrot is truly godly.
>>
The best possible King Crimson lineup:
>Lead Vocals: Greg Lake
>Guitarist: Robert Fripp (no shit)
>Guitar and Vocals: Adrian Belew
>Bass and Vocals: John Wetton
>Chapman Stick: Tony Levin
>Drums: Bill Bruford
>Violin: David Cross

10/10 line up.
>>
>>71425141
Much as I do love Wetton and think he's underrated, I still think Lake was also the better bassist

https://youtu.be/DQOo8lCWLL8
>>
>>71425141
Also, you missed out Muir, who I thought was incredible on LtiA
>>
>>71425167
Holy shit, I needed this.
As much as I love ItCotCK to death, it's unfortunate that you can barely distinguish any instruments besides the saxophone and flute in any of the songs. Thanks for providing this.
>>
>>71425141
I would go:

Guitar: Fripp
Bass and Vocals: Lake (if content to not make Still you Turn Me On esque ballads)
Drums: Bruford and Giles partnership
Sax and Mellotron: McDonald
Assorted madness: Muir

I know it wouldn't be KC, but I'd be fascinated to hear what the LtiA, SaBB, Red era lineup would have been like with Howe or Hackett instead of Fripper. Really makes U think
>>
>>71425198
My pleasure! Giles and Lake were both brilliant
>>
>>71425141
I'm one of the few people who prefer Wetton to Lake on lead vocals. I really love his voice. And Mel Collins also needs to be in that line-up
>>
>>71425198
ItCotCK with DSoTM production would be a dream come true for me, the one minus for that incredible record (and to a lesser extent LtiA)
>>
>>71425255
By Red, he really had improved as a vocalist, still slightly shaky on LtiA. Unpopular opinion, but technically I thought he really had perfected his style on the first Asia album.
>>
Well chaps, this de facto prog thread has been very civilised. They should be posted more often.
>>
>>71425198
Are you listening on fucking earbuds or something? the bass on that song is perfectly audible
>>
>>71424179

ELP:

1.) Tarkus
2.) Karen Evil 9, First Impression Part 1
3.) Trilogy
>>
>>71425167
Greg probably had better chops and I love some of his playing in ELP, but John had a more creative style and was a better improviser. The greatest era of KC wouldn't have been nearly as good without his great bass parts.

man, RIP both of those guys
>>
>>71425636
ELP is shit. Get out.
>>
>>71424179
1. Larks tongues in aspic pt1
2. Sheltering sky
3. Starless
>>
1 In The Wake Of The Poseidon
2 Asbury Park
3 Elephant Talk
>>
>>71425349
Holy shit, that was WETTON on vocals in Asia?
Wow, that is a MARKED improvement from his cigarette voice in Red.
>>
>>71426635
Yup, and yes indeed.
>>
>>71425285
Have you tried listening to Steven Wilson's mixes for the 40th Anniversary? Pretty damn good. One thing I absolutely love about his mixes is the lack of background "fuzz," as I call it. It's especially present in older records, but absolutely eliminated in his mixes. Really brings out the instruments. In the drum stabs part of Schizoid, you can literally hear the almost-silent echo of Giles's reverb bouncing around in the studio.
>>
>>71426635
>conforming to pop sensibilities is an improvement over having a distinct characteristic voice
ultimate plebs
>>
File: Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
Top 3 is way too hard so I'm just gonna do the best song from each of Black Sabbath's first 7 albums.

Album: Black Sabbath
Best: Black Sabbath
Runner Up: Behind the Wall of Sleep

Album: Paranoid
Best: War Pigs
Runner Up: Electric Funeral

Album: Master of Reality
Best: Lord of This World
Runner Up: Into the Void

Album: Vol. 4
Best: Cornucopia
Runner Up: Under the Sun

Album: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Best: A National Acrobat
Runner Up: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Album: Sabotage
Best: Symptom of the Universe
Runner Up: Megalomania

Album: Technical Ecstasy
Best: You Won't Change Me
Runner Up: Dirty Women
>>
>>71427879
Enjoy being a permavirgin because you would rather maintain your distinct characteristic "overweight Cheeto-stained neckbeard" look than conform to popular sensibilities by losing some weight and dressing well.
>>
Cocteau Twins

Lazy Calm
Heaven or Las Vegas
Bluebeard
>>
>>71427980
lmao u ok?
>>
>>71424179
Sheltering Sky
21 Century Schizoid Man
Starless
>>71427909
Planet Caravan
Electric Funeral
Solitude
>>
>>71427980
how the fuck did you get that
>>
>>71425141
>not including sax and mellotron, the 2 strengths of KC
I agree with >>71425167, I too prefer Lake both on bass and vocals
>>
>>71428024
Nah, using a metaphor to point out that "popular sensibilities" are usually popular for a reason.
In this case, it is a popular sensibility that slim, well-dressed men look better than overweight, poorly-dressed men, which is true, much like the popular sensibility that Wetton's voice sounds better in Asia than with his raspy Bale Batman impersonation.
>>
>>71427980
>these amounts of projecting
Wew lad, take it easy.
>>
>>71428040
(You) here. I was close to putting Electric Funeral as best on Paranoid. It was actually the first song I ever heard by Sabbath when I was probably 9 or 10. I can't believe something THAT metal came out in 1970. Fucking timeless man I can't get over it.
>>
>>71428075
tldr lol
>>
>>71428071
True.
I suppose the most god-tier lineup would be Red but with Lake replacing Wetton.
That way, you'd have:
>Guitarist: Robert Fripp
>Drummer: Bill Bruford
>Bassist/Vocalist: Greg Lake
Then fill it in with session musicians. Imagine Lake delivering Starless with the same bonechilling gusto as he did in Epitaph.
>>
>>71428066
>>71428082
>misunderstanding the metaphor this much
It is not to say that the man replied to is an overweight, Cheeto-stained neckbeard, it is to say that he is conforming to society's standards by NOT being an overweight, Cheeto-stained neckbeard.
>>
>>71428152
>backpedalling
uninstall 4chan
>>
>>71428207
It isn't backpedaling, it's you misunderstanding basic metaphors.
>>
>>71428152
am i to assume that you are an enlightened and eurphoric individual because you do not conform to the standards of society?
>>
>>71428256
Nah, I do conform to the standards of society. That's why I dress well and enjoy Wetton's voice on Asia more than I do in King Crimson.
>>
>>71424179
1. 21st Century Schizoid Man
2. Discipline
3. Exiles (Only song to have made me cry in the last 5 years)
>>
>>71428289
Having shit taste has nothing to do with dressing well or conforming to society though.
>>
>>71428422
It does, according to the guy who said that Wetton's voice in Asia conforms to popular sensibilities.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.