[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just discovered these guys and to be honest I haven't found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Coheed_and_Cambria_(emblem).png (42KB, 250x275px) Image search: [Google]
Coheed_and_Cambria_(emblem).png
42KB, 250x275px
Just discovered these guys and to be honest I haven't found rock that I've enjoyed this much since King Crimson.

What does /mu/ think of coheed and Cambria?
>>
love em, been my favorite band since i was like 10. I legitimately think they are one of those most original rock bands of the past decade or so, particularly their first couple of albums. I challenge you to find ANYTHING else out there that sounds like SSTB
>>
>>71417492
/mu/ probably hates them because they're popular
>>
the first two albums are really solid but they kind of fell off after burning star IV.
>>
>>71417852
Popular? By what metric?
At any rate theyre absoultely fantastic and the Amory Wars is a gem~
>>
First 3 albums are great, then they went downhill. The new album is so shockingly horrible I can't believe it's real
>>
>>71419356
Year of the black rainbow was trash. Ascension/Descension were outstanding.
>>
One of my inspirations when I first started writing music, don't listen to them as much as I did before, but I'll be damned if I don't enjoy the shit out of some of their songs
>>
>>71419356
Bingo.

I grew up with Coheed and can still revisit everything through Good Apollo V1 with substantial enjoyment, but everything after it really declined. I've listened to both Ascension / Descension in full, more than once, and it's really nothing comparable. They've gotten a lot better at catering to mass appeal and pop hooks, I'll give them that much.
>>
>>71420320
This. Half of YotBR was good -- shoulda been an EP.
New album is *easily* their worst yet.

Ascension & Decension as a double album rivals Good Apollo Vol. 1 as their best work.
>>71417492
>>
Seeing them on their Neverender Tour this year performing the entirety of Good Apollo IV. Live their level of talent remains phenomenal as ever however, their progression as writing artist has really plummeted. Their newest album like everyone says in this thread is indeed radio made garbage and isn't any better live.
>>
>>71417492
Out of all the edgelord emo bands that emerged in the late 90s early 00s (eg My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy) Coheed is probably the best.
First four albums are pretty decent, stopped listening after Black Rainbow because it was pretty gushy and unmemorable.
>>
They are great.
>>
>>71417492
prog rock for paramore fans
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.