[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a pretty decent amount of weird tracks I made on ableton.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0463.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0463.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
I got a pretty decent amount of weird tracks I made on ableton.
I want to put them all in an album and you know, get some cash with it
the problem is, will ableton know i pirated their DAW and sue my ass if i try to make money out of my tracks?
>>
Only one way to find out
>>
Are you retarded?
>>
how would they know..?
>>
1. No. The only way they would know is if they audio watermarked the output files but they don't do that.
2. They don't care. There's an interview where Ableton's CEO said something like "it's just the world we live in."
3. If you make a decent amount of money with your music (you won't) then buy the program and you'll be fine. Nothing will happen though
>>
I mean, I dont plan "making it"
I just want that stuff to get somewhere outside of SC
MAybe I could make CD's with the tracks in it and give them to people into electronic scenes?
How do I into copyright?
I dont I will be making any more music because it just doesnt come out of me anymore, i dont know what happened, maybe it was the depression or whatever
>>
You can't be fucking serious
>>
Yes, there hidden codes in the file as when you export the track that make it "fraudulent".
>>
>>71417445
>How do I into copyright?
why are you worrying about copyright? are you blatantly using other people's songs?
>>
>>71417445
I wont be making any more*
FTFM
>>71417409
a little and kinda lost in life
>>71417439
i dont really care about the money, the stuff is pretty outhere, but I spend a like a full year of my life doing that shit, wheter is shit or not, i was inspired, and who knows, maybe some people into weird stuff like and that would be could, i just want to know how make this reach out the more people possible, but i dont want people to steal my stuff tho
>>
>>71417498
please be more clear
>>71417505
b-but>>71417439
>There's an interview where Ableton's CEO said something like "it's just the world we live in."
is there a source for this?
>>71417512
no, i dont other people stealing my songs
>>
>>71417586
I definitely misquoted but here's what he says:

>I’m not going say it is a good thing but I also have to say this is a business that works, we have nothing to complain about, and in the grand scheme of things you can’t know exactly what piracy harms because it also has benefits. Obviously, it helps spread the program tremendously. What we often see is a pattern because we tend to cater to people that commit themselves to music. Our products are not outlandishly expensive. They require a sacrifice from musicians but they’re not unattainable.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2014/10/14/ableton-ceo-gerhard-behles-interview/
>>
Maybe uploading it to youtube as a mixtape/album or whatever could be a good idea?
>>
>>71417640
>we have nothing to complain about, and in the grand scheme of things you can’t know exactly what piracy harms because it also has benefits
... so, he doesnt really give a fuck
>>
Ok but what do it do? do I record all the shit on cd's and send them to labels? Do I upload it to youtube with a bandcamp link in the description beggin for money?
what fucking do lads?
>>
>>71417537
>maybe some people into weird stuff like and that would be could, i just want to know how make this reach out the more people possible, but i dont want people to steal my stuff tho
Release the digital files for free/optional payment or you're a hypocritical cunt.
>>
>>71418015
and how do i get people to check them? BC threads?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.