[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just listened to this and really liked it. Opinions and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: buckley.jpg (112KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
buckley.jpg
112KB, 500x500px
Just listened to this and really liked it. Opinions and anything else similar?
>>
>>71417344
It's a grower, I came to love it after a few listens. He's probably my favorite vocalist ever.
>>
>>71417344
Yee boi. There's a couple similar songs on Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk. Warpaint is also pretty good
>>
File: 71lHoUE7wML._SL1119_.jpg (236KB, 1119x1116px) Image search: [Google]
71lHoUE7wML._SL1119_.jpg
236KB, 1119x1116px
>>
>>71417344
There's the Elliott Smith, Nick Drake route.

You could try his father Tim Buckley.

Jeff fits into that 90s mold of Radiohead and other mopey rock though.
>>
>>71417344
There is really no one like Jeff Buckley.
>>
>>71417344
>>71419555
Trips don't lie. Dubs take note...
>>
>>71419603
(Further) He's one of my favorite musicians to cover. Even when he's covering other musicians like Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen).
>>
>>71419631
I actually prefer him as a performer rather than a songwriter. (Live at Sin-e > Grace)

I feel like Jeff didn't have enough time to really come into his own as a songwriter despite how one of a kind he truly is. That being said, Hallelujah is the only Leonard Cohen cover that exists as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>71419760
Not a bad point at all. That was an incredible performance. Chicago was not bad also, although different scale of venue. Sketches showed a bit of where he was headed, and I really wish that could've become an album.
>>
Great album. Always feel like I'm drowning in the emotion that it elicits.
>>
Is that james franco?
Google captcha blows, fuck 4cucked
>>
I dug it but I'll wait a while before I relisten
>>
>>71417344
I can honestly say this is my favourite album ever (so far). When he hits that high note in Grace around the end, it never fails to give me shivers.

Try his other releases, like >>71419760 said, Sin-e is an incredible performance too.
>>
I looked it up, it ain't Franco.
>>
>>71417344

really amazing vocalist and underrated guitarist. So delicate.
>>
>>71417344
I'd recommend watching some of his live stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjO4IenAyUw
>>
>>71417344
It's highly overrated but a decent album, nowhere near the heights of Tim Buckley though, he has at least three albums that make this completely forgettable in comparison
>>
It's sad to think that one of the most beautiful singing voices of his generation was used in its final moments to scream and cry for help.
>>
>>71424008
I doubt he could be heard underneath the water. But it is sad that a talent like that died so young. Same with his father.
>>
>>71422905
nah, you're wrong
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.